Gransnet forums

Chat

I know that I’m mad; but I'm not sure if it’s her… ?

(49 Posts)
FannyCornforth Sat 14-May-22 19:22:58

I know that I’m on very dodgy ground…
But the photos in The Times don’t really look like HM.
The woman in the photos has a much smaller nose.

FannyCornforth Mon 16-May-22 15:31:16

Yes, HM wears a uniform of sorts.
The shawl that she wore yesterday was beautiful

Callistemon21 Mon 16-May-22 15:27:11

She wasn't on duty.

I think her usual style was suggested by her dressmaker so that she could be easily spotted in a crowd.

Glorianny Mon 16-May-22 13:37:22

Well someone has given her a clothes make-over as well. Surely that loose jacket she wore to the Jubilee celebrations isn't her usual style.?

HurdyGurdy Sun 15-May-22 12:09:15

Has anyone seen Jeannette Charles recently hmm

Esmay Sun 15-May-22 11:24:22

Granmaderby -
I imagine that she can !

Perhaps the tighter perm has been done to save her hours sitting having it done .
I once had a perm -never again !

Granmarderby10 Sun 15-May-22 10:55:25

Esmay…..well if our Queen can’t afford good dentistry then who can??

JaneJudge Sun 15-May-22 10:54:27

SueDonim

Isn’t that James Corden chauffeuring the car?

??

omg it is grin grin was she doing carpool karaoke?

Glorianny Sun 15-May-22 10:52:32

Callistemon21

Esspee

Callistemon21

Esspee

She looked like the Queen to me.

No-one else would have that hairstyle surely?

Except my Mum - I could put it in rollers with my eyes closed!!

Callistemon21 are you my sister? My mum had the Queen’s exact hairstyle all her married life. She went to bed with her rollers and pin curls in every single night. Her hair was always immaculate.

?
My Mum went to a male hairdresser for years - I used to wonder why he never suggested she varied the style. He used to perm it.
When she wasn't able to go any more I used to wash and set it for her, and could probably do it in my sleep!

My mum had the same hairstyle as well! And the perm. She once tried in her 90s to just have it cut short in a sort of elfin style. She hated it so much and had it permed as soon as it was long enough.

Germanshepherdsmum Sun 15-May-22 10:03:07

She is always much more smiley when doing something she enjoys, like being around horses. Maybe it was one of those unfortunate photos that caught her unawares and made her look odd - I expect we've all had (and binned) them.

Esmay Sun 15-May-22 09:59:14

Hi Fanny ,
I don't think that you are crazy .
Her Majesty does look a little different
BUT
I don't think that it's doppelganger/replacement.
She's been ill and was probably on antibiotics and steroids .
Maybe she's on a new medication regime .
I always think thst her teeth are amazing for her age !

Good luck to her .
I really hope that she has some sort of retirement and can relax and enjoy -children, grandchildren, horses and dogs .
God Bless her !

FannyCornforth Sun 15-May-22 06:05:59

Just to clarify, I don’t really believe that the Queen has a doppelgänger or a stand in; sorry, I was just being a bit daft

Apologies if I’ve annoyed some of you.
It won’t be for the first time, I know smile

However, I do think that the photos to which I referred were quite strange, and as someone said upthread, they show the Queen in a way that is unlike how we usually see her.
The photo that was widely published and which was printed on the cover of this Saturday’s Times was much more like we typically see HM.

And I must say, she does look absolutely incredible for her great age.
I wonder which skincare she uses

Callistemon21 Sun 15-May-22 00:09:28

Esspee

Callistemon21

Esspee

Callistemon21 are you my sister? My mum had the Queen’s exact hairstyle all her married life. She went to bed with her rollers and pin curls in every single night. Her hair was always immaculate.

?
My Mum went to a male hairdresser for years - I used to wonder why he never suggested she varied the style. He used to perm it.
When she wasn't able to go any more I used to wash and set it for her, and could probably do it in my sleep!

henetha Sat 14-May-22 23:21:04

????

Chewbacca Sat 14-May-22 23:06:42

So.... what we know so far is that HMQ has a doppelganger who attends sporting events for her because the real HMQ is smiling too much because she has early stages of Alzheimer's. Riiiigght. hmm

Elegran Sat 14-May-22 23:02:51

Glorianny

So if it's HM what are they giving her to make her so smiley????

She is smiling because she has seen a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel, when Charles takes over all the boring formal bits, and she can concentrate on her horses, dogs and grandchildren for a few years.

Esspee Sat 14-May-22 23:00:24

Callistemon21

Esspee

henetha Sat 14-May-22 23:00:01

Should have gone to Specsavers?

Kate1949 Sat 14-May-22 22:39:08

Blimey. What next? The World's gone mad.

Glorianny Sat 14-May-22 22:30:32

So if it's HM what are they giving her to make her so smiley????

Callistemon21 Sat 14-May-22 22:04:01

Oh, for goodness' sake.

62Granny Sat 14-May-22 22:00:20

I thought she looked a bit more animated/smiling than usual , usually she can be bit po -faced in photos but perhaps this is something she wanted to do rather than being made to do. But it did remind me of my mum in the early stages of Alzheimer's, she could be over the top in her emotions .

Jaxjacky Sat 14-May-22 21:52:44

She looks like she’s having fun, good on her ??

Alio72 Sat 14-May-22 21:52:42

The Queen is of course absoltely wonderful but I dont think her new hairstyle really suits her. She needs her previous style which was much softer -no tight curls like she has now...

SueDonim Sat 14-May-22 21:49:11

Terribull! ?

Aveline Sat 14-May-22 21:27:50

I like that she's looking so happy these days. Her clothes have changed a bit too. More flowery dresses than formal coats and hats. All good!