Gransnet forums

Chat

How many do you have?

(123 Posts)
Oldwoman70 Sun 15-May-22 09:42:07

When a friend visited recently she commented on the number of photographs I have on display in my sitting room - 15. The majority of myself and my late DH on various holidays and special occasions (1 is of our wedding) the rest are of family. Got me wondering how many photos others have on display.

21Tinkerbell Fri 03-Jun-22 13:34:21

0, Always intending to put th
em up

Grandmabatty Mon 30-May-22 11:31:43

I have one in my living room but I have a gallery wall in the hall which has many photos and paintings on it.

Franbern Mon 30-May-22 11:28:28

About 17 in the Living Room. Mainly of my children and my grand children. To answer an earlier query - YES, the ones of my g.children get updated annually. One of those 17 is a lovely photographic family tree produced by one of my children when she got married a few years back. Have a wedding photo for each my children. Then a couple of pictures of my Mum & Dad, and one of my older (decease) brother and two of my (deceased) youngest son.

So, with six children and eight g.children - do not think this is excessive. It is a large room and none of these are crowded too close together - arranged (I think) artistically.

Grandma2213 Mon 30-May-22 02:06:57

34 - just counted! All of family from my grandparents down to my grandchildren. There would be complaints from the grandchildren if I missed any of them

MiniMoon Mon 30-May-22 00:30:55

6 in the living room, 1 in the hall and two in the dining room.

Cherrytree59 Sun 29-May-22 23:15:40

Dh is a wildlife photographer so 2 large framed black and white photos on sitting room wall

Another couple of framed large colour wildlife photos on dining room wall .
And a large frame with a montage of photographs of our 3 grandsons and one each of our son and daughter with our grandchildren.

No framed photo on shelves or tables, that would get on my nerves when dusting.

mamaa Sun 29-May-22 22:54:23

11 in the lounge, 2 Lowry prints on a wall.
Dining Room 12 photos.
Others dotted about the house in other rooms, in the hall and landing.

lesleybs Sun 29-May-22 10:27:56

watermeadow Sat 21-May-22 20:15:32

None downstairs. A couple in my bedroom.

Magrithea Fri 20-May-22 10:03:56

Oldwoman70

When a friend visited recently she commented on the number of photographs I have on display in my sitting room - 15. The majority of myself and my late DH on various holidays and special occasions (1 is of our wedding) the rest are of family. Got me wondering how many photos others have on display.

We have a whole wall of photos in the hall - block mounted - of the children at various ages and stages plus about 7 in the sitting room

DeeJaysMum Thu 19-May-22 02:31:29

Definitely none!

Chefdee Wed 18-May-22 16:24:33

I have 20 in the lounge ?

Goingtobeagranny Tue 17-May-22 11:01:57

I have a small black and white one of my sister when she was a child in my hallway and one of a dog we used to have about 20 years ago

CanadianGran Mon 16-May-22 21:23:09

In my living room, only two, but scattered around other rooms I have several, some in collage type frames. My GC have their own collage frame in the kitchen where we put in the latest school photos. I'm not a fan of large photos, so most are 4"x 6" in frames on shelves or dressers.

Shizam Mon 16-May-22 20:50:02

I have loads everywhere. Horses, dogs, children. All great memories. ?

LadyStardust Mon 16-May-22 19:53:13

I have one canvas of both kids together from primary school. About 10 of David Bowie up my stairs wall. Am I a bad mother? gringrin

Coco51 Mon 16-May-22 19:50:10

Lots of family at various ages, lots of scenes and some abstracts (we are both photographers)

Sara1954 Mon 16-May-22 19:16:47

Just counted in this living room and there are thirty five, probably in the other living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway, at least that amount again.
My son in law is a keen photographer, so I’ve had many as presents, but I like them all, and I still frame any I particularly like.
I don’t have any in my bedroom, it is the only minimalist room in the house.
But I love looking at them, the house would feel very bare without th.

mauraB Mon 16-May-22 18:48:43

I have 45 framed photos, some of which are montages. Also a very cunning cube which unhinges into eight smaller cubes and reassembled to display different images. Then with photos in mind, I counted 70 albums on four shelves of a bookcase. Help ! I think I have a problem.

nexus63 Mon 16-May-22 17:51:13

26 on wall but 12 are pictures (castles, glasgow and countryside)

Hellogirl1 Mon 16-May-22 17:22:24

My wall as you come down the stairs

Hellogirl1 Mon 16-May-22 17:18:06

I also have 5 facing you as you come down the stairs, all our kids as babies.

montymops Mon 16-May-22 17:15:46

Oh goodness - I have 32 photographs and 11 portraits- our house is not very big - all family - some new -some historic.

seadragon Mon 16-May-22 17:03:51

Paintings and photos - innumerable. Latter regularly recycled during very infrequent dustings around, most in frames. Have few visitors, as tend to meet friends in caffs now most DH's are at home. Last time I had friends round, forgot himself was on the mezzanine - in our tiny cottage - until I heard him trying to stifle a laugh about what he was overhearing......

queenofsaanich69 Mon 16-May-22 16:47:10

Have them in the bedroom,lounge,framed on the walls in the eating area of the kitchen and on the fridge,love photos,all of family mainly 7 grandchildren,they make me smile each time I look at them.