Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 17th May 2022

(64 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 17-May-22 06:00:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but unusual for the time of year its also foggy here in brackley .
A day of what to do , stay in housework plus watch cycling on TV or go to Bicester on the bus burning question.
Got my Argos delivery very early yesterday .
A stainless steel deep fat fryer , but it will need to washed etc before setting up to use .
Take Care,
Mick

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 17-May-22 07:59:55

For GM and Mr GM ???

Chrissielou Tue 17-May-22 08:01:46

A lovely sunny morning in Oxfordshire. DD1 is coming over and we are having a video call with the consultant to discuss yesterday's ct scan. We hope the news is positive, this is the first scan since chemo started.
Wishing you all a good day with lots of sunshine ?

Nannytopsy Tue 17-May-22 08:06:14

Good morning Mick and all his followers. I have started waking earlier but no idea why. It means I make it on here.
Yesterday was spent on a Thames barge which was a delight but we somehow missed the A12 on the way back and took ages through villages.
We go away to France on Saturday but the garden needs work, I have washing and ironing, the house is still upside down from the decorator who hasn’t finished and we need to pack. I don’t really know where to start. Also, I am out on Wednesday and on Thursday morning. Aagh!
I hope today is kind to everyone.

Nannytopsy Tue 17-May-22 08:07:09

? Chrissielou

NannyJan53 Tue 17-May-22 08:13:15

Good morning from a cloudy but warm Black Country.

It's been a busy few days. Sunday evening was in Birmingham to see Travis at the Symphony all. They were brilliant! Then we stayed overnight, breakfast at Hotel then on train back home. Where I promptly drove over to Mums, as I haven't been for 3 weeks, as first MrJ then myself had Covid. Then over to pick up DGD from an after school activity.

Today I am going to spend a couple of hours with a friend (ex Manager at my last job), she will have her 2 year old grandson with her shock so I imagine not so much chatting for us. Then out to lunch with Mum. Then over to DD's to take DGD for her swimming lesson after school. SIL is on a course this week, as he usually does all this. DGD is 11 tomorrow so she is excited about that.

Glad your DH had an easier day yesterday gM

Wishing you all a good day

NannyJan53 Tue 17-May-22 08:14:04

Chrissielou good luck for today x

Grandmabatty Tue 17-May-22 08:18:53

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 12° and damp. I think the East of Scotland has to be brighter than the West, so you can have the rain Marydoll! Fingers crossed for your daughter Chrissielou. Fingers crossed for you,too Susan 56.
Yesterday I nipped up to dd with the clothes I washed from dgs1 at the weekend. A sneaky wee play with dgs2 who is now rolling over apparently but did not want to show off his latest trick to his grandma! I cleaned all the windows and glass when I came home, although I've never been great at smear free windows. Today I'll go over skirtings and maybe wash floors. Then I intend to draw. Tomorrow is the last art class til August so I want to make it worthwhile. The last of the beef casserole for tea with dumplings. Have a good day all.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 17-May-22 08:19:54

Morning Mick and all

It is bright and sunny and we are due a lovely balmy day, lots of playing in the garden with The Imp, then I think it will be a BBQ when his brother comes home from school.

Sar53 so pleased you are enjoying France, it sounds perfect.

Urmstongran enjoy your day, try not to get stressed ?

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Chris3 Tue 17-May-22 08:35:43

Good morning from blue skies in South Yorkshire. Looks like it should be a lovely day. Today's plans include an appointment for my nails doing and yoga this evening. In between that I need to clean the kitchen (before my nails?) and take all the grandchildrens pictures down as we are having new doors fitted tomorrow. We chickened out of completely renewing the kitchen because 1) The carcass is fine. 2) it is better for the environment just to change the doors. 3) I'm too mean to part with that much money ?
Wishing you all a lovely day xx

Chris3 Tue 17-May-22 08:38:44

Good luck chrissielou xxx

Ali23 Tue 17-May-22 08:45:26

Good morning from Leicester, where the sun is shining at the moment. It’s my sister’s birthday today so we’re having a takeaway this evening. I also have a zoom call with a friend later.
Good luck Chrissielou.
Hope all goes well GM and hubby. ?

aggie Tue 17-May-22 08:51:45

Good morning everyone, Pouring rain here , and dull
we have had to attach lengths of hosepipe to the greenhouse gutters to take the water away from the sides .
Yesterday the floor was swimming ??‍♀️ The buckets are there till we get a rain barrel
Thinking of Gmatie and your OH , I hope he has a good day

harrigran Tue 17-May-22 08:53:40

Good morning from a dry and sunny NE. Promises to be 21 degrees today so may go into the garden.
Gas fitters came and changed my meter, took half an hour not the two hours they predicted.
SIL and I had dinner together and then watched a film on Netflix, The Good Liar, really enjoyed it, cast including Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen.
Wishing all a good day.

hulahoop Tue 17-May-22 08:58:20

Hope all goes well Chrissielou it's a lovely day here so out to local market .Hope everyone has a good day.

Party4 Tue 17-May-22 09:03:19

Morning from what promises to be a beautiful day here in West Yorks.
Up early walking round garden with my morning cuppa,blue sky and birds singing such a lovely start to the day.
Trip to garden centre yesterday (why can I not stick to a budget) so today will plant out my new purchases.We have a large pebbled area which we only got to half plant a few years ago so my intention is to finish this year.
Also need to update our garden furniture but haven't seen a set which meets our requirements at affordable price so considering re staining and oiling our old set which has been stored in garage over winter months.Not a quick job though and so many jobs to do.
Thoughts to all with illness and worry.

Greyduster Tue 17-May-22 09:09:02

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a sunny South Yorkshire. I have been reading but not posting this year, but will put my toe in the water occasionally now - quite literally as it happens because I’m going swimming this morning, then some batch cooking later for the freezer. But first, another cup of coffee. Grandmattie hope your DH has a good day? and everyone has a little sunshine.

Georgesgran Tue 17-May-22 09:15:10

?Chrissie for positive news. X

luluaugust Tue 17-May-22 09:22:32

Good morning from a warm but cloudy W Kent. Off to see friend for a cuppa this morning and round to the tip this afternoon, too much excitement.
All the best to everyone.

Grammaretto Tue 17-May-22 09:22:48

Good morning everyone from the Scottish Borders where the sun is shining. I wish it had been nicer yesterday for the coastal walk with U3A. It rained all day. I didn't quite make it all the way back so someone had to pick me up on their way home. But I enjoyed sitting watching the tide come in and not struggling to keep up.

How I remember those catheter days with DH, grandMattie . I found him drawstring waist loose "joggers" in Lidl. The community nursing team changed the catheters. No fun but nothing much was.

Washing to go out, shopping, mowing the grass, potting up seedlings and preparing for open studios this coming weekend and week when our town is en fete. All towns in the Borders have their traditions and rituals some going back centuries.

Thinking of those with big worries. Chrissielou I hope the news is good. sunshine flowers

Taichinan Tue 17-May-22 09:29:50

Good morning all from the Angus coast where I'm not sure what shade of grey it is. There's a thick mist - steam after all yesterday's rain! I hope it lifts soon as I have a machine full of washing to hang out before I go out for lunch. The lunch venue involves a long drive along an old drovers' road with spectacular views .... another reason to wish for the mist to lift!
Yesterday DD invited me to accompany her and the DGDs to a Diversity concert at the weekend! There's a spare ticket as New Man can't make it up after all. I'm not sure if it's my scene, but it's dance, and the company will be perfect smile
"Baubles*, very many congratulations on the birth of a bouncing baby grandson! Be warned - my two boys were little six pounders but have grown to be a strapping 6ft2 and 6ft4 - there's no limit to the heights this young man may reach! Best wishes to all.
I hope all goes well for your DD today Chrissielou, and continuing thoughts to grandmattie and her DH. Wishing everyone a good day - and just the tiniest peep of sunshine x

Stilllearning Tue 17-May-22 09:39:16

Morning from East Ren. Quick post before I set off (after ironing) to have coffee with DD near you baubles. Lots of congratulations on the lovely new baby in the family! What a size, no wonder mummy is a bit tired! A cuddle to look forward to on Thursday.

Downtown Abbey this afternoon with a friend and tea afterwards.

Thinking about you and your daughter Chrissielou?and wishing everyone a good day???

Newquay Tue 17-May-22 09:39:22

Late good morning all after yet another poor night of sleep ? so sorry to hear of troubles-hope today is as kind as it can be. DH has to use catheter 3 times a day now. He was SO glad to have indwelling (?) catheter removed. Phone appointment with Neurologist this afty following EEG after DH had a seizure following very high temperature beg March when he had v severe UTI. We’re hoping he will be given the all clear to drive although I can drive us (gladly) anywhere he wants. Feel SO exhausted with it all-just wish someone (who knows what they’re doing!) would take charge! Sorry for moan, thanks for “listening “!

Anniebach Tue 17-May-22 09:42:10

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Scapa1 Tue 17-May-22 09:46:09

Good morning from a slightly better looking day than yesterday in Dunblane. It rained all day yesterday so kept busy tidying a huge cupboard. How is it I keep throwing things out but still seem to have too much “stuff” ?

Managed to find a new home for a large box of assorted Lego that had been in the cupboard for at least 25yrs so at least it will get played with again. Our granddaughters were never interested in it.

Not sure what to do today may visit the local garden Centre for a coffee. I also need some bedding plants but still a chance of a night frost in this part of the country.

Thoughts with everyone struggling. Try and manage a smile at some point!

Blossoming Tue 17-May-22 09:55:04

Good morning Mick and all. It’s glorious sunshine in my corner of Lancashire, currently 18°C.

Today I will finish the laundry, I have a Zoom meeting and I will go for a walk later.

Hope today goes well for you and your loved ones Grandmattie and Chrissielou.

Lovely to read of holidays and family visits.

Have the best day you can all and hope you find a ?or ?? along the way.