Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 21st May 2021

(48 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 21-May-22 05:50:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky at prevent here in brackley this morning.
Plans for the day hopefully go via Buckingham to Bicester on the bus ,and do some catch up with people I have not sen for awhile .
Mind you a warm day , so water in my pocket .
Take Care,
Mick

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 21-May-22 08:25:26

Good morning Mick and all from another dull and gloomy Oxfordshire, let’s hope the sun comes out today.
Shopping arriving later today, Mr and MissOops are off out tomorrow with some others on a car run, so I was prepared to do a picnic and have bought the bits, but they are eating out with some others so that’s one job I don’t have todo. I will dog sit and probably go and paint some more skirting boards.
Dragonfly that must have been so scary ending up in hospital, hope you get better soon.
Granmattie pleased you had a better day.
To every one else have a good day and hope we all find some sun in our weekend.

merlotgran Sat 21-May-22 08:29:53

Good morning all from a sunny south coast. I have to shake a leg earlier than normal as DSiL is coming round to put up some fancy coat hooks in the garden room. He has a busy weekend so I’m grateful he can spare the time.

Glad your DH’s chemo went well, GrandMattie. A positive step.

Take care of yourself, dragonfly I dread falling these days.

Have a good day, everyone while the sun shines. It’s all due to change next week. Of course it is….It’s the Chelsea Flower Show! ?

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 21-May-22 08:37:32

Good morning all from bright but cloudy Harrogate
I took my iPad to the shop to have anew battery put in. I have to collect it today. I may upgrade it if the shops not too busy.
I woke this am to find my phone battery discharged- Hope it’s not going ,too.
The school gala was a bit disappointing but it had possibly shrunk because of the weather, which was not as warm as hoped and with the threat of rain, it was inside! Oh how noisy it was. Impossible to have a conversation. DGD Was in her element. We called on DD2 on the way home. We’re DGS was I his element watching PawPatrol and showing me all his Paw patrol toys.
Finally our zoom call with sisters then I dozed through to tv programmes until bedtime
Have the best possible day you can folks

EkwaNimitee Sat 21-May-22 08:43:14

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Carlisle. I shall pop out shortly for a stroll and the weekend papers. I might be glad of them tomorrow, it's forecast to rain. That also means I shall be keen to get out in the garden later on. Lots of planting out to do and getting support in for my peas.
I got a surprise when I looked out of my front window yesterday, the neighbours on one side have a for sale sign up. They've only been in since August, a nice quiet young couple I shall be sorry to see go. I couldn't resist a nose online, they are asking a lot more than what they would have paid but it seems to be in line with similar properties. I also noticed a property like mine was for sale round the corner for a price vastly more than what I paid. It's definitely a sellers' market here, I'm thankful I moved when I did because I couldn't afford a detached place now.

Your day was certainly spoilt by ending up in A&E dragonfly, I hope you're feeling OK today.

And a happy weekend to you all.

harrigran Sat 21-May-22 08:48:17

Good morning from a bright NE although it is breezy.
Maintenance man came and did his job and my meal arrived courtesy of Michel Roux, which I will share with SIL as he has worked hard this week.
DS and GD are visiting this afternoon so more meals to plan.
My sister, in Germany, has decided she is confident enough to travel to the UK and is arranging her flights. She has not been in the UK since 2019, a lot has changed including both of our DHs dying.
Fingers crossed for your DH gM.
Have a good weekend/holiday to those out and about.

Susan56 Sat 21-May-22 08:48:55

Good morning from Shropshire.

What a dreadful shock dragonfly.As others have said a few days rest are needed as you will be very shaken,Hoping you feel better soon.

Mick,I would recommend a chilly bottle(other brands are available!).It’s a stainless steel bottle which keeps water cold for up to 24 hours so no lukewarm water.Would be good when you go on your coachtrips too.I got mine from rhe chilly bottle website, DH got a similar one in Wilkos.

I am going to Cheshire Oaks today with DD.I have a list!DGD may come with us, DH is staying at home to look after H.He is such a calm man and has been brilliant this week keeping H happy and calm,he deserves a medal?

Marydoll, you are another who deserves a medal?Bonne chance mon brave??????

Wishing everyone the best day possible and that all unwell,caring for others and with worries a peaceful day??

aggie Sat 21-May-22 08:53:54

Good morning everyone from a dull but dry NI , we had enough rain the last few days to fill the water butt on the greenhouse !
Awwww Dragonfly that sounds painful ?
Good luck Marydoll with your boarders !

Jaxjacky Sat 21-May-22 08:55:48

Morning from hazy sun in S Hants, I have bedding to wash, it should dry.
An excellent start for MrgM
Big ouch dragonfly hope you heal quickly.
We’re off tomorrow for a few days in Shepton Mallet, a place new to us.
Enjoy your day all ??

Mapleleaf Sat 21-May-22 09:03:24

Good morning from an overcast, but for now, fine morning.
I think the forecast is mostly fine for today, but we’ll see.

No big plans today other than a bit of grocery shopping and possibly some gardening again if it stays dry, I’ve still got some plants to pot on. I did t get to do any yesterday as we had fairly frequent heavy showers.

Wishing you all the best day possible. Take care.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 21-May-22 09:05:59

Morning Mick and all

I have no plans for today other than popping down the road to the butchers. After a busy week I intend to curl up and read my book (or 2)

grandMattie hoping your DH has a restful weekend,

Oh dear dragonfly sorry to learn of your fall.

Marydoll we had DD and her little family here for 6 months, I feel your pain.

Keep safe and well folks ??‍♀️

Sar53 Sat 21-May-22 09:18:59

Urmstongran yes we checked out the book and will probably purchase it when we get home. It is 7.99 on kindle which we both refuse to pay but will probably buy a hard copy.
Thanks for the recommendation.

luluaugust Sat 21-May-22 09:20:00

Good morning all from sunny, blowy W Kent.
GM hope your husband continues to do well.
dragonfly hope your poor eye is better soon, having come a cropper like you I am afraid I don't exercise anymore other than ordinary walking as much as possible.
Busy day tidying up and baking. DGD1 staying overnight and then some of the family here for lunch tomorrow, it is so long since I cooked a roast hope I can still do it.
All the best

LauraNorderr Sat 21-May-22 09:23:05

Good morning Mick and all from Anglesey where it’s been so windy for more than a week that I look out each morning to make sure we haven’t been blown to the next village.
That was quite a tumble Dragonfly, take it easy for a while and avoid all mirrors.
Glad the chemo went better than expected gMattie, keep on keeping on.
The holiday plans on the Canal du Midi sound fab, we did that one year, would love to do it again.
Enjoy Shepton Mallet Jax, nice change.
We’re off to Moelfre today, a pretty village on the other side of the island that has a wonderful restaurant, meeting friends for lunch.
Hope today is kind to everyone ???

hollysteers Sat 21-May-22 09:23:40

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside northwest coast.
Off soon for essentials, left food shopping for a while and eating mysteries from the freezer. Will have my nails done too (preventative) as stops me picking…
Also return a frock. I still think I’m a size 10 and this disproved me.
My right arm is killing me. Having no lymph nodes there, my hours of trying out backings on YouTube and painting has been to much for it, will have to try and use my left hand today.
Oh dear dragonfly, take it easy and hope the day continues well grandMattie?
Painting poppies yesterday.

hulahoop Sat 21-May-22 09:41:57

Good morning from a cool West York's Surrey to hear your fall Dragonfly. Shopping day here we have been away a few days so the fridge bare at the moment .enjoy your day all whatever you are doing .

Taichinan Sat 21-May-22 09:56:32

Good morning all. And it's another sunny breezy day on the Angus coast - how I love that sun!
As usual haven't read posts before posting - except for grandmattie's. So glad that yesterday went well for MrM and I hope you get your booster without hassle.
I'm off to a Diversity concert with DD and GDDs so that will be 'something different'. But I love dance in any form (and I can always take my hearing aids out wink) so I'm looking forward to it. I think....
Have a good day everybody -flowers andsunshine to all x

monk08 Sat 21-May-22 10:16:10

hollysteers lovely painting I do like poppy paintings.

Grandmabatty Sat 21-May-22 10:17:09

That is beautiful Hollysteers.

Blossoming Sat 21-May-22 10:18:51

Good morning Mick and all. It’s dry and cloudy in my corner of Lancashire, currently 14°C.

Yesterday was busy so not too much planned for today other than housework and physio exercises. I hope to go for a walk later.

Hope your journey goes smoothly Mick.

Oh dear dragonfly that sounds bad, hope your bruises soon heal

Have a good day all, hope you find a little happiness along the way.

yogitree Sat 21-May-22 10:21:10

Good morning from central Scotland where it's a bit blowy and cold (the heating is on). Daughter's baby has still not arrived and we are on standby!

Taichinan Sat 21-May-22 12:03:54

Hollysteers that is a beautiful painting! I'm posting a poppy one which I did about ten years ago, and is my favourite. I remember being nearly finished when I realised it was good and then being terrified to touch it again for a week in case I spoiled it! Keep up the painting because if you don't, you lose it (as I have done)..
Dragonfly so sorry to hear about your tumble. Take care.
Yogitree is this your first grandchild? It's so exciting! I remember when our first was due, when the phone rang in the middle of the night I turned to DH and shouted the baby's here, the baby's here. He said "Well answer the phone then ......."

Marydoll Sat 21-May-22 12:40:40

Those paintings are beautiful. What a marvellous talent to possess.