Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 22nd May 2022

(53 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 22-May-22 06:01:29

Good Morning Everyone,
ts sunny and bright at this early hour in brackley .
Yesterday things went to plan , went via Buckingham to Bicester , a changing scenery both towards buckingham and Bicester with HS2 work .
Did my usual in Bicester ,and came home to watch cycling on TV .
Today an easy day in .
Take Care,
Mick

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 22-May-22 18:55:46

OH and I went to a pottery in Fernham this afternoon. I had already seen a photo of a pot I admired. It was perfect but quite a lot of money. The guy knocked a bit off but we are still thinking about it! I told OH that if I'd been on my own, I would have bought it. I think we'll get it next week. I have made lasagne for dinner but it is never as good as younger son's. Its the same recipe too!

aggie Sun 22-May-22 11:56:14

DianneAngel

When I did Domiciliary Care, I had to empty catheter bags into a jug. That's how they last a week. hugs

Yes we did that , but they still didn’t last a week

DianneAngel Sun 22-May-22 11:52:25

When I did Domiciliary Care, I had to empty catheter bags into a jug. That's how they last a week. hugs

hollysteers Sun 22-May-22 10:37:06

Good morning Mick and all from a dull northwest coast.
Pianist coming round today for run through for Wednesday concert. Hope the frogs jump back in their pond…
Nice day yesterday painting and ate my lunch of frankfurters in the sun next the man of 89 who told me how much he enjoyed life, every day a pleasure and no worries with good health. A lesson in itself.
Then driving to stock up, saw a terrible crash, tried not to look as looked as if it had just happened. On the way back the police had closed off the road. So scary.
Thanks for nice comments on my poppies and liked yours too Taichinan
Hope things get smoother grandMattie

aggie Sun 22-May-22 10:31:31

A bag for a week will not work ! That’s disgusting ?

Jaxjacky Sun 22-May-22 10:24:03

Fingers crossed gMattie

aggie Sun 22-May-22 10:23:29

Good morning everyone, I can see the sun is doing it’s best behind a trailing series of clouds , but not quite making it !
Managed to get the door of the greenhouse back on to tracks , how it came off I don’t know ! Only me here so no one else to blame !
I remember the battle of the catheter bags gM , one of the carers “ acquired “ some one week , but we had to hide them so the District Nurse wouldn’t be implicated ? her boss was a dragon , but with a kindly heart , just not good at turning a blind eye
Marydoll my youngest and eldest girls make too many allowances for me , middle lass expects superwoman !
I hope everyone has a good day

grandMattie Sun 22-May-22 10:13:40

The district nurse came and tld me that the bags she was bringing was for 1 WEEK use, not daily changes!!! No-one thought to explain the system to me. She also said that probably what the GP has prescribes will last 10 weeks not 10 days! So, I'm feeling less anxious about things now - that is, assuming that the product is what she has given me not a different brand... Hope it is the former not the latter. X

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 22-May-22 10:12:30

Vileda mop

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 22-May-22 10:11:49

cornergran intriguing? Maybe, I’m just cross, I don’t lose things as a rule and how I can mislay a large red bucket and a vile da mop with a 5 ft long white handle on it I’ll never know.

I had it the week before we went on holiday and it was definitely in the conservatory waiting to be put into the garage, I don’t remember putting it out there though.

Our garden is enclosed with high locked gates at the sides, I’ve even hunted in the hedges and trees. I didn’t put any bins out when we were away so I didn’t throw it in there by mistake.

We have a new neighbour, when he goes out I’m going to climb on a chair look over the hedge and see if it’s ‘blown’ into his garden. Although he seems a nice chap.

I’ve just been into the garage again to have another look! I can’t believe it’s gone.?

Poor bucket, I hope whoever has it looks after it, the mop I’m not too fussy about as it was a tad rusty.

I might write a poem about a lost bucket………..

Blossoming Sun 22-May-22 10:06:46

Good morning Mick and all. It’s dry and cloudy in my corner of Lancashire, currently 15°C.

Yesterday was light housework and pottering. I did my physio exercises as usual. The sun reappeared after lunch and I had a lovely walk along the riverside. There are so many wildflowers and the roses along the riverbank have the most beautiful scent. Today will be much the same, after our usual Sunday morning bacon rolls for brunch while we catch up on the news.

Glad your day went smoothly Mick.
Hope you are able to get what you need Grandmattie and your DH remains comfortable. Glad that cold is retreating Greyduster.
Glad the pain is gone Dragonfly, bruises often take a day or two to appear.
An artist friend of mine has an Artweeks exhibition at a venue in Deddington Ladyleftfieldlover. She paints the most glorious seascapes and coastal scenes, amongst other things and I love being by the sea.
Have a lovely day with your family GrannySomerset.

I will be back later to read the thread fully.

Have a good day all, may you find a little happiness along the way.

luluaugust Sun 22-May-22 09:59:48

Good morning all from a sunny W Kent. 8 here for lunch, first time in a while. I agree about the AC and our age. Of all the different family grandparents we are in the middle regarding age and I think our eldest daughter does appreciate that time moves on, our younger two not so much although DS will carve up for me today and DD2 will help with dishing up so maybe they have an inkling.
GM I hope the nurse arrives in good order and you get things sorted out tomorrow.

BlueSapphire Sun 22-May-22 09:57:41

A later good morning everyone from a bright and sunny ? Northampton. Looks like a lovely day for visiting village open gardens, which a friend and I are planning of doing this afternoon. And cake at the end of it too!

Enjoyed a lovely lunch out with DS and family yesterday, and particularly enjoyed meeting his.university friend again. Spent the afternoon chatting in their garden (with wine!), and then a gentle walk home.

Thinking of those with worries and cares. May the sun shine on everyone today.

Nannagarra Sun 22-May-22 09:30:26

Good morning (or ‘Good ironing’ which originally appeared) from calm, overcast Sefton.
Off to an N.T. property today + tea + cake before DH watches football at 4.
Having to chase up essentials such as catheter bags is ludicrous grandMattie. I hope the DN arrives promptly and offers a way through this ridiculous complication so you do not have to face it repeatedly.
Sorry to hear about your bruising dragonfly.
Sending a ? and the hope of some ? to you all.
?

Anniebach Sun 22-May-22 09:25:20

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

EkwaNimitee Sun 22-May-22 09:12:10

Good morning Mick and everyone from a grey dreary-looking Carlisle where it'll likely rain before long. I might be out planting things if there's a dry spell but if not, it's reading the papers and my book plus a bit of hotel booking and letter writing I should get on with. Reassured somewhat by my visit to the doc last week, I made the final payment for my cruise so, fingers crossed, I'm going.
Catheter/colostomy bags...why a restricted supply?! One is not likely to be going round the neighbourhood selling off a surplus. Good luck with getting reliable deliveries grandMattie.
Have the best possible day everyone.

Party4 Sun 22-May-22 09:11:37

Morning .Thanks again Mick for early opening and keeping us updated of your travels.
GMattie if powers that be had a clue of emotional stress,worry and workload they might JUST try and make things a little easier all round.It is probably part of some tick box exercise.
GreyD summer colds are no fun so do hope you continue to improve.
Last weekend BBQ cancelled for indoor dining and again this week the weather appears dull.Will re assess at 2p.m. to be honest will be having the same food but cooked and eaten in dining room rather than garden.
No sports for GC today so after visiting the very oldies and doing any jobs /errands they allow us to do we will return home await arrival of family and decide on a suitable walk.
School hols next week so care day will be full on and will need day after to recover. We are relatively young GPs but as people are having DC later in life now I wonder how future GPs will cope in same situation.
MaryD do please think of yourself, maybe your DD during her stay will realise the limitations your health problems cause. I think when you have been so very active and organised during their lifetime and in mind/actions still are, I think they find it hard to know when to step up..My family sit and let me entertain them as I always have and happy to do so but as we get older with health issues it isn't as easy.How long will they be staying ? Are they generally tidy? So hard as we all have our own standards as to what's acceptable and we become set in our ways.
Hope it's a good day and thoughts to those with illness and worry.

Mapleleaf Sun 22-May-22 09:07:13

Good morning all,

It’s looking as if it might be a fine but cloudy day here today.
More pottering in the garden is on the cards this morning, then possibly relaxing with a book this afternoon. The wet and mild weather has made everything grow at quite a rate, so a bit of taming needs to be done.

How frustrating for you, GM. Sometimes all logic and common sense seems to go out of the window, doesn’t it?

Hope the day goes as well as possible for you all.

harrigran Sun 22-May-22 08:56:03

Good morning from a dry and mild NE.
Had a lovely afternoon and evening with DS and GD2, he brought a memory stick with photos of our recent outings and we had a slide show on the TV. After dinner they watched a fantasy film, I did my crossword.
Today SIL is coming for dinner and we are going to cook our Michel Roux meal, need to look for a decent bottle of wine to go with it.
My thoughts are with you gM, getting what you need is a minefield. I am dependent on colostomy bags being delivered by a company and I am limited to a certain number per month. Not sure whether it is my GP or NHS guidelines.
Have a good Sunday.

Gingster Sun 22-May-22 08:53:17

Good morning all and it’s another beautiful day here on the Suffolk coast. We always have a slight breeze , which suits us.
We’ll our week here is almost done. We’ve got the place back in order and the garden looks fine. We won’t be back for a few weeks as DD’s appointments loom and I have a glaucoma test follow up app.

Dh broke his front tooth yesterday, so thats another appointment to be made. Our little DGD also lost her front tooth yesterday. Bloomin teeth!

Roast gammon today (if Dh can manage it) and a longish dog walk along the beach and inland back home.

Wishing you all a good day.?

Susan56 Sun 22-May-22 08:27:23

Good morning from Shropshire.

I had a successful shopping trip to Cheshire Oaks yesterday so that’s me sorted for a while.I don’t find shopping the pleasure I used to.

A quiet day planned today,gardening and reading.Perfect!

Wishing you all the best day possible??

Urmstongran Sun 22-May-22 08:25:08

I love the name and ethos of that restaurant kitty how unusual! Bet you have a delicious lunch.

Urmstongran Sun 22-May-22 08:23:12

I have indeed GG13! My sister emailed me about it yesterday. Fortunately Ibiza, being a small island, is a tad cooler with temperatures still high for May but still in the mid-20s. Oo-er! ???

kittylester Sun 22-May-22 08:16:11

Good morning from a brightening North Leicestershire.

We had a busy day yesterday but today promises to be much more relaxing. We are meeting old friends for lunch at the restaurant overlooking Trent Bridge cricket ground where there will be a match taking place.

The restaurant is called 'Six' because it is on the boundary, there are 6 choices for each course and it is on the 6th floor with views towards Charnwood Forest.

Have the best day possible everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 22-May-22 08:11:57

Morning Mick and all

Beautiful blue sky here in S E Essex a warm day ahead.

Nothing planned other than roast pork for dinner this evening.

Urmstongran have you seen the news from Spain regarding the highest May temperatures on record 40 degrees I. Some places including Andalusia.

Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday,

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?