Gransnet forums

Chat

Finally the West Ham cat kicker goes to court!!

(304 Posts)
Shinamae Wed 25-May-22 00:13:46

I thought this might of been “kicked” into the long grass but…

hopefully that poor cat will get justice. ?

Callistemon21 Wed 01-Jun-22 19:52:37

Yes, that is Dagenham's, in response to Jaxjacky's post.

I think we all know Moyes now!
Even if we weren't interested in football previously.

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 01-Jun-22 19:49:43

West Ham’s manager is David Moyes. Don’t know about Dagenham’s.

Callistemon21 Wed 01-Jun-22 19:49:17

Jaxjacky

The brother is back in training at his football club, contract extended.

I meant to quote Jaxjacky's post.

Callistemon21 Wed 01-Jun-22 19:47:07

Whoever is in charge of that football club is not setting a good example at all, are they!
Is this the manager? Daryl McMahon:

(He looks a charmer)

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 01-Jun-22 18:04:27

Sadly that's true. I think if he had been given a custodial sentence (magistrates can't impose more than 12 months) he would have appealed and the RSPCA would have paid the costs if he'd won, which he undoubtedly would have. So the best we could realistically hope for. I look forward to seeing photos of him carrying out very menial work.

Chestnut Wed 01-Jun-22 17:57:20

On a scale of 1 to 10 for child or animal abuse he hardly registers. There are so much worse cases, starving animals or children to death, beating animals or children to death, serious abuse lasting several months. He was heartily shamed on top of his sentence so I'm really not that bothered.

Sparklefizz Wed 01-Jun-22 17:16:54

Angry and disappointed. A ridiculous penalty.

Shinamae Wed 01-Jun-22 16:58:51

I was really hoping for a custodial sentence ?☹️

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 01-Jun-22 16:20:48

Appalling.

Jaxjacky Wed 01-Jun-22 16:19:52

The brother is back in training at his football club, contract extended.

Smileless2012 Wed 01-Jun-22 15:41:44

Bitterly disappointed and angry.

Joane123 Wed 01-Jun-22 12:05:30

180 hours community service, I suppose it's all we can expect. Horrible individual.

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 01-Jun-22 11:30:26

Dreadful behaviour. Why on earth does she have cats? I’m afraid I would have been pestering the RSPCA for action. You could also tell the police given that she’s in breach of a court order handed down in criminal proceedings. I really wouldn’t just wait and see what happens

HurdyGurdy Wed 01-Jun-22 11:25:41

Germanshepherdsmum

Didn’t you report her Hurdygurdy?

Yes. But after the first instance, nothing seems to have happened sadly.

She'd obviously left the balcony door open for the first cat (but no food or water) as it managed to make its way to my daughter's balcony (2nd floor). The RSPCA became involved, accompanied by the police, who broke into the flat in case the neighbour was unwell, and the cat was rehomed. The RSPCA took her to court where the ban was imposed.

Not much later than that, two cats appeared on her balcony (no sign of her again) and one fell from the balcony. It got up and ran off, never to be seen again, so hopefully it wasn't badly injured.

RSPCA were called again, but as far as my daughter knows, took no action.

I was at my daughter's a few months ago, and I could hear a cat miaowing. As there are only two flats on that floor, and my daughter doesn't have a cat, the assumption is that the neighbour has/had yet another cat. It's not been heard again though.

If the neighbour does another disappearing act (this happens quite regularly), and if there sounds to be a cat there, the RSPCA will be called again.

Oldwoman70 Wed 01-Jun-22 11:25:34

I saw a comment in a newspaper from someone who said he should have received a fine which would really hurt equal to a years salary to be donated to animal charities. I have little doubt his "community service" will consist of teaching football, something he would actually enjoy rather than a punishment.

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 01-Jun-22 11:13:08

The brother has been sentenced to 140 hours CS.

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 01-Jun-22 11:09:22

Didn’t you report her Hurdygurdy?

HurdyGurdy Wed 01-Jun-22 11:06:27

Sorry - obviously I am too slow at typing, as others have posted before me

HurdyGurdy Wed 01-Jun-22 11:05:44

Hes been given 180 hours community service, and banned from keeping cats for five years.

How they monitor whether he is keeping cats or not, I don't know. My daughter's next door neighbour was banned after abandoning her cat in her flat for over a week. She's had at least three more since the ban.

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 01-Jun-22 11:04:14

Indeed.

Callistemon21 Wed 01-Jun-22 10:53:25

People who abuse animals can now face a maximum sentence of five years in prison as the Animal Welfare (Sentencing) Act comes into effect today (Tuesday 29 June)
29th June 2021

Callistemon21 Wed 01-Jun-22 10:51:55

Zoejory

I'd have liked him to get a month in prison.

Or six

Zoejory Wed 01-Jun-22 10:49:39

I'd have liked him to get a month in prison.

Callistemon21 Wed 01-Jun-22 10:48:42

It's a pathetic sentence imo.

Callistemon21 Wed 01-Jun-22 10:47:55

Clearing shopping trolleys from murky canals, litter picking on verges?
Cleaning up faeces at the zoo?

As long as the community service doesn't involve teaching football skills to impressionable youngsters.