Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 25th May 2022

(58 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 25-May-22 05:50:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start here in brackley this morning with some cloud.
today, my chiropodist is early this morning, so will do a small shop first before she comes.
And then an easy day of housework and watching cycling on TV.
Take Care,
Mick

Marydoll Wed 25-May-22 08:23:43

I hope all is well with GM, she is usually an early poster.

Jaxjacky Wed 25-May-22 08:28:42

Good morning from an overcast S Hants.
Have a wonderful visit brook with an uneventful journey.
Washing and cleaning today with a stroll to the butcher, I need to order bbq meat for the jubilee weekend.
No gMattie yet, hope she’s sleeping.
Thoughts with baubles and her family.
Have a good day all.??

Elegran Wed 25-May-22 08:35:55

Best wishes to Baubles from me too. I don't often look at this thread but was alerted to the news this morning. I hope she keeps getting better and recovers completely.

Grammaretto Wed 25-May-22 08:39:21

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where it is chilly. Where has the sun gone.
I also hope gMattie is having a long lie but somehow I doubt it. Perhaps the district nurses have called.
Thinking of Baubles too. Such a shock.

Now I should do an hour's housework before my yarn group but I will look at my diary and have another cup of tea.

I hope the day is kind to all.
Marydoll !! grin

grandMattie Wed 25-May-22 08:43:48

Good morning from e Kent.
Not read anything yet as I have only just woken up.
DH was admitted to hospital with chemotherapy related vomiting this morning after going to A&E. I was there for 11 hours only coming home at 0530. I am pooped.
Poo DH hated the idea of admission but he was being so sick and taking nothing in, that he accepted the situation.
I haven’t read anything yet, but wish everyone a wonderful day. Carpe diem. ???

EkwaNimitee Wed 25-May-22 08:45:22

Good morning Mick and everyone from grey cool Carlisle where it is just starting to rain. The heating actually kicked in this morning.
A bit of housework and admin this morning then a look through my cookery books for ideas on what to feed the family this weekend. I do hope the weather improves for them.

I can't get Baubles out of my mind, a dreadful thing to happen, seemingly out of the blue, she was posting all last week. I hope she recovers well and rapidly.
Also hoping all is well with grandMattie who isn't here yet.

The best day possible to all.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 25-May-22 08:51:44

GM and Mr GM ???

Nannagarra Wed 25-May-22 08:59:55

Good morning Mick and all who follow.
Our beautiful, gentle golden retriever haemorrhaged and collapsed yesterday. Her chance of survival was 5% and we very nearly lost her just before midnight. Hourly the wonderful hospital vet updated us, wouldn’t give up on her. By 5am her prognosis was slightly more encouraging, though it’s still touch and go.
Carpe diem.

Jaxjacky Wed 25-May-22 09:08:43

I am so sorry to hear that grandMattie thoughts with you.

aggie Wed 25-May-22 09:09:01

Good Morning everyone, the sun is elusive this morning !
Yesterday I got showered , washed hair , got dressed in my last set of neat and tidy clothes , and sailed off accross the road for a meet up with our WEDNESDAY ( clue here ! ) club , no one about , cafe closed , back to the house , checked the wee note from our organiser , checked the calendar !
Thick or what !
I rang a fellow member , big mistake , after laughing like a drain she informed me I was a day early
So today I have repeated the exercise and am bracing myself for , pitying glances , sarcastic remarks or maybe they will all be better natured than me and ignore my daftness !
Baubles and gM are in my thoughts and prayers ??

harrigran Wed 25-May-22 09:10:03

Good morning from an overcast NE, must be cooler as the heating is on.
I was upset to learn about Baubles, lovely lady, when I saw her name mentioned this morning I went to yesterdays page to read what had happened. Get well soon Baubles flowers
SIL coming today to take me shopping, always buy too much because I don't know how many I am catering for until the family turn up or don't.
Sorry to hear about your DH grandmattie, I hope they sort him out quickly.

BlueSapphire Wed 25-May-22 09:11:57

Good morning from a very grey Northampton, but sunny spells forecast late afternoon.

Had a lovely Chinese lunch out yesterday to celebrate a friend's big birthday. We were stuffed afterwards, and I didn't need to cook in the evening.

Awaiting a Sainsbury's delivery this morning, then it's book club this afternoon. I shall try to cut the grass when I get back, as it's bin day tomorrow.

Lovely pictures again Ash; memories of a similar day in Helsinki three years ago.

What terrible news about Baubles; I do hope she is improving, and thoughts are with her family.

Have the best day you can folks.

Chrissielou Wed 25-May-22 09:26:56

A grey chilly day in Oxfordshire this morning. Where has the sun gone?
Thoughts and get well wishes to Baubles.
DD1 has had a rough week, despite wonderful news last week, chemo continues and causes numerous health issues along the way as a result. Total exhaustion is just one symptom, not easy when you have young children to look after. She tends to have a few better days before the next treatment begins.
Wishing you all a happy and pleasant day.

luluaugust Wed 25-May-22 09:35:34

Good morning from a cloudy W Kent. Off today to see Downton film with a friend, DH relieved to get out of accompanying me!
Very best wishes to Baubles and family and sorry to hear your news gM I expect everyone tells you to rest but it must be nearly impossible.
Good wishes to all.

Greyduster Wed 25-May-22 09:35:52

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a ‘meah’ South Yorkshire. I was “pinged” this morning by someone purporting to be from the NHS but I don’t have the NHS app on my phone so assume it’s a scam! I deleted it, but it rattled me. Heavy gardening left me shattered yesterday afternoon and out of sorts. An easier day today. Nothing more trying than a trip to the post office.
Grandmattie I’m so sorry to hear that your DH is in hospital. I hope they have him back on track soon. What trials you are having at the moment??.
Have the best day you can folks.

Grandmajean Wed 25-May-22 09:40:26

I don't post daily but want to send good wishes to Baubles GrandMattie and Chrissielou I know there are others with health and family worries too so flowers to all of you.
Nanagarra your dog has my good wishes too. Pets are very special.

merlotgran Wed 25-May-22 09:45:00

Good morning everyone from a drizzly south coast. No plans today.

Try and get as much rest as you can, GM You must feel like you’re constantly running on empty.

Thinking of baubles.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 25-May-22 09:57:01

Oh dear grandMattie sending (((hugs))) my thoughts are with you ????

Nannagarra Wed 25-May-22 09:57:15

Thank you Grandmajean. Her intestines aren’t working and her blood count’s alarming. We’re waiting and worrying.
Thoughts and hugs to Mr and Mrs Mattie, and to Baubles (about whom I PMd Baggs at silly o’clock).

GrannySomerset Wed 25-May-22 10:10:40

Sorry that gM and her DH are having such a tough time, nangarra and her DD too. Reminds me that my problems are merely inconveniences and not serious. As always enjoyed the Adventures of Marydoll though actually her pharmacy woes are serious and so very unhelpful.

After a busy couple days I have an empty morning but singing this afternoon and have offered to host this evening’s book group so need to check that the sitting room will pass the eagle-eyed visitor test. Meanwhile a walk into the village for some cash and one or two oddments.

Gymstagran Wed 25-May-22 10:20:22

Good morning from a grey, damp west midlands. Just pottering today. Thoughts are with all of those who are suffering side effects of chemo. Its a hard road.

Taichinan Wed 25-May-22 10:22:22

Oh dear gmattie, I'm so sorry for you both. Life can be so cruel sometimes. I didn't see the post about Baubles yesterday, nor have I had a moment so far today to go back and read, so all I can do is send my healing thoughts to her - and love of course x

brook2704 Wed 25-May-22 10:32:55

Sorry to hear your DH is back in hospital grandMattie hope things settle and he can come home again soon - look after yourself too ?

Auntieflo Wed 25-May-22 10:33:37

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. It is raining a bit and of course the window cleaner is due! My cleaning fairy is here, working her magic, so all will be fragrant and shiny when she finishes.
Sorry to hear about your DH GrandMattie, I hope you manage to get a good sleep to recharge your batteries.
Oops, I was just going to recommend a robot cleaner, but Pittcity got in before me. They are so good at under bed cleans.
Sending best wishes to your DD Chrissielou. I am having chemo treatment, but just the tablets, and they seem gentler somehow.
Thinking of Baubles and hoping that she is responding to treatment. Such a shock to all her family.
Marydoll, thanks for the mini novella. Hope you get your meds sorted soon.
I got bleach on a top this morning and had to bin it, so am fed up with myself for being careless.
Have a good day one and all.

Mapleleaf Wed 25-May-22 10:41:45

Good morning all,

It’s a very blustery but fairly mild morning here. I’ve just been outside to water the pots as they were all looking rather dry - the small amount of rain yesterday barely touched them.

? for Baubles, GrandMattie and all with troubles and worries today. I hope Baubles makes a swift recovery and that you, GrandMattie manage some recuperative sleep today.

I’d better go and do the ironing now - yesterday was a good drying day, as was the day before, so the washing now needs ironing and putting away.

Marydoll that sounds quite an adventure you had yesterday ?. I hope today is a little less eventful!

Take care, everyone.