Gransnet forums

Chat

Feeling strange in a supermarket aisle and related matters

(7 Posts)
Lark123 Wed 25-May-22 18:23:04

GrannyGravy13

The only time I have experienced anything remotely resembling a panic attack was whilst wearing a face covering in a shopping mall in November 2020.

I just had to get outside, take face covering
off and breath slowly for a while, I then was able to return find my DiL and continue my Christmas shopping.

Same thing happened to me GrannyGravy13, in a grocery store summer 2020. I felt I would die of suffocation right there in the aisle. Came right out of the blue; thankfully passed off in a moment or two.

StarDreamer Wed 25-May-22 18:17:53

My previous post was in reply to Fanny

StarDreamer Wed 25-May-22 18:15:41

I am not a clinician, so although I know it happens, what it is called in any paticular occurrence I don't know.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 25-May-22 18:14:22

The only time I have experienced anything remotely resembling a panic attack was whilst wearing a face covering in a shopping mall in November 2020.

I just had to get outside, take face covering
off and breath slowly for a while, I then was able to return find my DiL and continue my Christmas shopping.

Cabbie21 Wed 25-May-22 18:14:01

Not limited to supermarket aisles.

FannyCornforth Wed 25-May-22 18:09:38

Also known as Agoraphobia; Panic Disorder; or Generalised Anxiety Disorder

Is that what you mean SD?

StarDreamer Wed 25-May-22 17:56:11

A thread on another topic has gone way off-topic but has produced an interesting discussion.

www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1310749-Royal-Mail-Parcel-Collect-is-the-title-yet-it-is-for-letters-too

So here is a thread to continue that discussion.