Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 26th May 2022

(44 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 26-May-22 05:52:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear sky and sunny at the moment here in brackley this morning.
Plan to do my usual bus trip to Bicester later , returning to watch cycling on TV .
Take Care,
Mick

Gingster Thu 26-May-22 08:06:03

Good morning all and yes GG it’s a sunny one.

Yesterday was lovely meeting to my oldest pals - it was a long day with train rides , walks and lots of chat. So tired when I got home last evening. ??.

Today I have bowls club but won’t go to my art group . I need to do some housework and gardening.

Poor GM and her DH. Hard times for you both. I’m glad your DS will be there for a while with you. ?.

I hope you all have a ‘good’ day. ?❤️

ginny Thu 26-May-22 08:09:15

Good morning all.
We are off on a family holiday in a large house in Devon tomorrow , so packing and other preparation to do. There will be 11 of us and a dog. Ages from 1 year to 90 years.
Thinking of all who are struggling with illness and worries.
Hope the day brings something good for everyone.

ShazzaKanazza Thu 26-May-22 08:09:51

Good Morning Mick and everyone from a beautiful day in Benalmadena. Cases packed and ready for the journey home. Hope to catch up with you soon Grandmadinosaur.
I’ve not really had time to read much GM but I’ve seen that Baubles is going through a very tough time and all my good wishes are speeding her way and hoping her recovery goes well. ?? so worrying for her dear family.

grandMattie as alway you have my support for yourself and your lovely DH what a terrible time you are going through. I felt really upset to think of him hours and hours uncomfortable in hospital. ?

We’ve had a lovely holiday but it’s back to reality and routine today.
Take care everyone and thoughts to all going through worrying times?

Stilllearning Thu 26-May-22 08:18:33

Morning from S Lanarkshire, dull with rain forecast (for a change!)

Ascension Thursday mass soon where I shall be remembering all our sick and wounded, so many just now. Glad your DS is going to be with you for a while grandMattie

Good to read of your happy progress on your cruise Ashcombe, you will have great memories to bring home,

Scentia I need a cup of tea just reading about your life! I hope you are a lot younger than me! also BlueBalou, , your plan for today was mine ( minus the cake making?) for the whole week and I am behind schedule!!

I expect getting out of bed will help so I’ll just wish a good day to all and get going ???

Feelingmyage55 Thu 26-May-22 08:22:08

Four seasons in the last hour here with family but looking bright and dry for the day to come which I good as we plan to eat at a park cafe with an outdoor terrace.
gm I do hope your DH is in a bed by now and you must be so relieved your DS is arriving.
Thinking of baubles.
Reading the early posts I am intrigued by what time you go to bed or do some of you survive on little sleep?
Have the best day you can.

harrigran Thu 26-May-22 08:27:01

Good morning from an overcast NE.
DS coming today, I don't need any shopping so we shall have a quiet day.
DD arrived from Brussels late last night after delays on the Eurostar, number of travellers increased due to public holiday.
grandMattie you are experiencing exactly the same situation that my DH had, it is dreadful and my heart goes out to you.
Thoughts are with Baubles, hoping she is feeling a little better today.

Susan56 Thu 26-May-22 08:37:45

Good morning from North East Wales where we are on early grandparent duty.

Yesterday’s eye appointment had mixed results.Sight test was really good but there is the tiniest haemorrhage quite near the macular so I have to be referred to the eye clinic as per guidelines.

I am about to take DGD to school and then will go into town for a couple of thing I forgot to get yesterday.DH will stay home with H.

I am so sorry for the dreadful situation you and DH are dealing with grandMattie.It will be so good to have your sons support.

Hope baubles is continuing to improve.

Have the best day you can everybody??

Grammaretto Thu 26-May-22 08:55:22

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
Your story brings it all back gMattie but so wonderful to have DS with you to share the load.
It was a miracle that my DS was able to come from NZ when he did, in the middle of the pandemic. There were only 3 people on the plane and the airports silent. His dad was so happy to see him.
Today more housework - desperately needed - on this not very sunny day,
Have a good one, those who can.

Anniebach Thu 26-May-22 09:04:06

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Greyduster Thu 26-May-22 09:06:45

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Breezy again in South Yorkshire and the sun is struggling. Yesterday was a bit of a down day. My son in law came round with a heating engineer he uses to discuss the possibility of upgrading my CH system. The options all sounded rather complicated. I switched off at the mention of micro bore pipes and something called Magnacleans! Then I phoned the Halifax to tell them DH would no longer be administering his sister’s financial LPA and spent thirty five minutes with someone who hadn’t a clue what she was doing and eventually reduced me to tears of both grief and frustration so I had to put the phone down! It was all done later, on line, in minutes.
Today DD and I are supposed to be going to our Botanical Gardens but it will depend on the weather.
GM I hope they find your DH a bed today and that they let you see him. It was pretty much the same with our A&E. The situation is indeed beyond the pale. Good that your son is coming to stay.
Have the best day you can, one and all.

EkwaNimitee Thu 26-May-22 09:09:34

Good morning Mick and everyone from wet Carlisle. I hope it's going to clear up as promised because the constant rain is frustrating my efforts to get my plants in, lots still sitting around in pots. Otherwise, a pottering around sort of day which should include booking hotels for each end of my August holiday.
You and your DH are having a dreadful time grandMattie. I hope he's out of there and home soon. Sadly, it seems your experience isn't exceptional, the thought of ever having to be taken to hospital is a worrying one.

Also thinking of Baubles and hoping she is recovering well, she has a lot to get her head around now.

luluaugust Thu 26-May-22 09:17:57

Good morning all from a sunny, blowy W Kent. Off to art group for a chat. Enjoyed Downton film with friend yesterday.
GrannyGravy hope you enjoy your day out at Bluewater it was quiet yesterday.
Thinking of baubles and hoping things have improved.
gM a friend's daughter works in our local hospital and it is just the same, which doesn't make it right of course, kind thoughts to you and all.

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 26-May-22 09:39:49

Good Morning all from wet, miserable Harrogate.
I am shocked how your DH is treated in your hospital GrandMattie so glad you will son have your DS for support.
Baubles I hope you are improving and will soon be better.
I now await my Sainsburies Delivery which seems to vary from 9 am - 10.30am. I have to into town, yet again to pick up my iPad which the shop doesn't want to take in part exchange! Tough! I'll just keep it. I have a hospital appointment at lunchtime, then a zoom call to my sisters.
Your cruise sounds just lovely Ashcombe
Have the best day possible folks.

Blossoming Thu 26-May-22 09:42:02

Good morning Mick and all. It’s cold, wet and windy in my corner of Lancashire, currently 12°C. No sign of the heatwave some sections of the media were talking about last week!

Another good night’s sleep for which I’m very grateful.

So sorry to read about your and DH’s further trials and tribulations Grandmattie. It’s good that you will have the support of your son soon.

Very glad to hear that Baubles is improving though it will be a long road.

I’m enjoying reading about far flung places, Ashcombe and her DH are following a route I traveled as a teenager.

A warm welcome to any new posters I may have missed. Safe journey to any traveling and enjoy those holidays ??

Have a good day all, may all with troubles find some comfort.

hulahoop Thu 26-May-22 10:15:53

What a horrid time you and Oh are having GM ?.Baubles hope you are continuing to improve.? To all travelling about hope your journeys are without too much stress .

hollysteers Thu 26-May-22 10:45:03

Good morning Mick and all from Cloudy Chambers northwest coast.
Midday concert went well after all the worrying about my cough and frogs, but meant I was more on edge, waiting for one of the blighters to appear! Then I had a lovely lunch in Chester and mooched around that lovely city before driving home. My son arrived on his motorbike at exactly the same time. We have always had a slight telepathic thing going on, although I knew he was due sometime that evening, it could have been anytime.
A 4x4 in front of me in moving traffic suddenly decided to back into a space on a one way system, which meant I had a little bump with the car behind, no damage except stress and I dropped some tan makeup on my dress when changing for the concert, aargh. Soap and water and fan dryer did the trick.
He cooked a nice spicy meal and did a few little jobs. Lovely to have him here.
Such a hard time grandMattie? and thoughts to Baubles and all with troubles.

gillgran Thu 26-May-22 11:26:45

Good Morning to you all from an overcast, dry, but blustery Cambs.,
Gwenisgreat, I was disappointed to see your weather today, as our DD is in Harrogate on a yoga retreat until the weekend. Today she was around Knaresborough where her paternal grandmother & great-grandmother were born/lived. (& she was hoping for dry walking weather!).

Thinking of grandMattie, I hope your DH is soon more comfortable. It will be good for you to have your DS with you to share your worries.

Healing thoughts for baubles.

Happy holidays for brook, Ashcombe, ginny.

Take Care all, especially those with added worries.

Grannmarie Thu 26-May-22 11:34:18

Good morning, Mick, good morning all. The sun is trying to come out in a cloudy, cool Lanarkshire. I'm home from Ascension Thursday Mass where I lit candles and remembered our GM sick people, and all those who love them and care for them. ??
Such difficult times for so many here, especially GrandMattie's DH, Baubles, and the poorly DDs and DiL. I'm hoping and praying for improvement for the patients and support for those caring for them.

We enjoyed out childcare day with DS2 yesterday, managed a wee walk between the showers, to splash in puddles and inspect big diggers and cranes! Came home exhausted but very thankful.

Housework to catch up on, hoping for a wee park walk later with my dear friend.
Enjoy your Thursday, take care.