Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 27th May 2022

(41 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 27-May-22 05:54:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Another bright and sunny start this morning in brackley ,and its supposed to be a nice day in this part of the woods .
My plans apart from watching the cycling on TV later , will be governed by the way the feels to me , once I have done a early shop for essentials .
Take Care,
Mick

Anniebach Fri 27-May-22 11:16:33

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Taichinan Fri 27-May-22 10:48:24

Good morning all from a very cold, blustery but sunny (yay!) Angus coast The wind when we came out of the theatre last night was biting, and I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to be one of those summers that never actually materialise. I couldn't post yesterday as for some reason I was given no comment box, no matter what I did. However, here I am today (shrug my shoulders in non-comprehension.) Grandmattie I'm so glad you have your son with you now for a while and your DH home again - a lovely little ocean of calm. Susan so sorry about your worries for your mum. Being the elderly mun myself, on my own with family spread wide, I feel for you and am dreading when that time comes, as come it will. I was at my friend's funeral this week and she too was a distant mum. It was a beautiful funeral - a true celebration of her life. She was an identical twin and of course her twin was at the funeral. I had never met her before (another relative from afar) so found the likeness breath taking - even the tiniest little mannerisms were echoed. Quite beautiful, but a little discombobulating!
I was at DGD1's first end-of-year show last night and of course it was wonderful (I would say that!). I was a very proud granny beside her very proud mummy - and her very bored younger sister wink. We're all going again on Saturday and my niece is coming too - younger DGD no doubt tempted by a meal at Tony Macaroni's beforehand!! Today is a "rest" day for me after a hectic and emotional week. I shall enjoy it. Enjoy your happy hols, all those setting off and those already there, and safe travels Thoughts with the poorly at home, and the carers flowers and a good day for all x

BlueSapphire Fri 27-May-22 10:22:11

A late good morning everyone from a very sunny ? but windy Northampton. Have left it too late to do any washing before I go out; it will have to wait till tomorrow.

Was relieved to find out at the hospital yesterday that the little red swelling I have had for months on my lower eyelid was nothing more than a blocked oil gland. I came away with instructions to put a hot compress on it twice a day and then gently massage for a few minutes; I also have ointment to use on it for six weeks!

I had a.good mooch around the shops afterwards, had lunch, and bought a book using my birthday gift card.

Only three of us on our evening walk, and then had.the carvery option in the pub afterwards.

Happy days, grandMattie!

Poured with rain when we went to Stockholm, Ash, got soaked; the walk around the old town was abandoned, but we also had an indoor tour of the city hall, and also visited the Vasa museum, then returned to our ship by boat.

Wishing all a good day.

Blossoming Fri 27-May-22 09:59:09

Good morning Mick and all. It’s damp and cloudy in my corner of Lancashire, currently 12°C. We are promised some sunny intervals later.

Pleased that you have your DS and your DH home Grandmattie. It’s good that you will have the support of your son soon.

Sorry to hear about your mum Susan.

Glad your injuries are receding Dragonfly, do you think you will give Nordic walking another try?

Hope your arm improves Hollysteers, don’t tuck that painting under it on the way to the post office!

I have very fond memories of Stockholm Ashcombe and Marydoll. I and some friends were invited to a party by some students we met, great fun! They showed us round the old town too.

A warm welcome to any new posters I may have missed. Safe journey to any traveling and enjoy those holidays ??

Have a good day all, may all with troubles find some comfort.

luluaugust Fri 27-May-22 09:45:24

I wonder why I have become averse to the use of an 's' hmm

luluaugust Fri 27-May-22 09:44:05

Good morning all from a breezy, sunny W Kent. I intended to do the food shop this morning but it looks like this will be the best day for a few days so we are now thinking of going to a local garden for a wander, I'm sure I can find something to eat later.
So pleased to hear your new gM and hoping Susan get mum sorted out soon, I remember it well.

hollysteers Fri 27-May-22 09:19:22

Good morning Mick and all from a sunny northwest coast. Off to art then bank and post office to post a painting I have sold. I park a longish walk away from the centre to avoid paying for parking but don’t feel like the walk today as my right arm (which has no lymph nodes) is killing me. Strained it somehow and this IPad doesn’t help!
Thoughts as always to grandMattie and hope your cruise improves Ashcombe
Will read through properly later.

Gingster Fri 27-May-22 09:15:06

Good morning all.

Dog walking with my old friend/neighbour this morning.
Dh will look after little DGD as the school is closed today. Lunch later with friends at the country pub - hopefully sit outside ?.

You sound more cheerful today GM . You need a break from all the trauma and frustration. ?

Wishing you all a ‘good’ day.
???

Greyduster Fri 27-May-22 08:51:15

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire but it’s very breezy again. The trip to the Botanical Gardens was postponed yesterday because of the weather so DD and I will go today. Then this evening, we are going out to dinner and the theatre. Exciting!
GM I’m so pleased that your DH is back at home. The very best place for him is with you and your DS?.
A big hug for anyone with cares and health issues. Have the best day you can, folks.

ShazzaKanazza Fri 27-May-22 08:47:09

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s promising to be a lovely day today.

grandMattie your post sounded a lot more upbeat this morning. Enjoy having your DS home giving you both some much needed love and support.

Sorry to hear about your poorly Mum Susan and hope they get to the bottom of what is wrong. I can imagine how worrying it must be being far away from her. I’m lucky to have my mum just 20 minutes or so away. ?

Enjoy driving your classic car Sar it sounds so much fun. Looking forward to hearing about that tomorrow.
I was thinking of you all last week when the man on the table in front of us was wearing a shirt covered in flamingos. I said to DH you should get one like that. That didn’t go down to well lol.

Enjoy your day everyone with all your wonderful activities and hugs for those with worries and illness. Take care ??

EkwaNimitee Fri 27-May-22 08:32:13

Good morning Mick and everyone from breezy and bright Carlisle. Showers may come along sooner or later though.
I'm off to the out of town butcher and delicatessen shortly. I want some local meat for the family coming this weekend. The difference between a cut from there and the supermarket can be quite marked, sometimes you'd think they were entirely different species of animal. I also need to re-fuel and am wondering how much it will cost today because I don't think prices at the pump are coming down.

I hope you get better news about your Mum, Susan. A worrying situation for you.

Wishing you all a good day if possible.

aggie Fri 27-May-22 08:23:05

Good morning everyone from a sunny Co Armagh
So glad to see your OH is home gM ,
Art class this morning, then hair cut , if
I remember to tell my lift to stop at the hairdressers on the way home from class , we are so busy talking we don’t remember anything else
Thoughts and prayers for all our poorly friends

Pittcity Fri 27-May-22 08:22:35

Good morning from a sunny but breezy Colchester. Washing in and destined for the line.
I am having a quiet day in as I have a bit of a cold developing. DH will get some shopping and then both he and DS have plans with their friends for later to which I am not invited. I will rest with honey and lemon.
Love to all ? x

dragonfly46 Fri 27-May-22 08:05:14

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

No Nordic walking today - I still look like a panda but at least it is symmetrical.
Will gently walk dog instead.

Pleased to hear the lightness in your mood Mattie.
Susan what a worry for you. My parents moved to be near us which was a great relief.
I sometimes wonder what we will do as both AC live far away.

May everyone have the best day possible.

Chrissielou Fri 27-May-22 08:02:53

Beautiful morning in Oxfordshire, sunshine is streaming in. I'm so looking forward to a week off work, DH isn't off but I can relax, read, go long walks with dog and bake!
Wishing everyone a happy Friday.

Urmstongran Fri 27-May-22 08:01:48

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester. It’s dry again with white cloud cover, again. The Boy Wonder and L’il Miss break up from school today for their 2 week Whit holidays. Same for their mum from where she teaches. The children are apparently counting down their sleeps to Sunday!

We are off to spend an hour with my stepfather this afternoon.
Check he’s packed everything he needs for clubbing in Pacha ha!
?

Enjoy Friday (you to gillybobs) all who can. x

cornergran Fri 27-May-22 07:59:47

Morning Mick, morning All from a sunny corner of Somerset.

Yesterday went more or less to plan, nothing short of a miracle. Trying a new bus route today, other than that who knows at this point.

That sounds so much better grandmattie. Hope you get better news of your Mum today susan, distance is such a barrier. That sounds potentially exciting sar, your gite owner is a very brave man I think. Goodness, patience of a Saint comes to mind marydoll. Your experience is making me wonder how much we annoyed our son and his partner when we stayed with them for a month between homes. A lot I suspect!

Take care everyone. Hope Friday is kind to us all.

monk08 Fri 27-May-22 07:59:27

Good morning from a sunny Black country.
Glad to hear both your DH and son are home with you GM .
Need to go and collect my new glasses sometime today and will probably take a look around M&S outlet as it's close by, I might find something that I don't really need.
Friends coming later and we shall go to the club.
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ?.

harrigran Fri 27-May-22 07:51:16

Good morning from a sunny but very windy NE.
It was a noisy night and with the wheelie bins out.
DS and I spent the day together, he beat me at Scrabble again.
Today I must do some housework, kitchen and bathroom floors need washing, least favourite job.
Pleased you got your DH home gM and you have your DS for support.
Thoughts are with Baubles and her family.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 27-May-22 07:43:22

Sorry to hear about your mum Susan I hope they can get to the bottom of what’s wrong. It’s difficult when you are far away. We have the same issue with my MIL.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 27-May-22 07:41:05

Good morning from East Yorkshire where it is a sunny start to the day.

So pleased that DH and DS are home GM

A quiet day for me yesterday and a lovely time with GS after school. Recently he seems to be into puzzles and games so we completed a jigsaw after tea.

Today I need to do a food shop and collect some items I’ve taken to the dressmaker. She’s a lovely lady and can do miracles in that department! Sadly she said she is thinking of giving it up. I understand her reasons as she’s nursed elderly parents in the last year who passed away and now has a FIL with health issues too. Running a business at the same time must be hard.

This afternoon I am going with his parents to GS’s school. They are having a Jubilee party on the field. His reception year are singing Let it go from Frozen. He was practising when he was here last night. ❤️

Hoping Baubles is making good progress

Take care everyone.

Sar53 Fri 27-May-22 07:38:39

Sorry to hear about your mum Susan, I wish her well xx

Grandmabatty Fri 27-May-22 07:37:43

Good morning all from Polmont. 10° and windy. Susan I'm sorry to hear about your mum. ?Grandmattie you sound so much happier today. Marydoll I'd struggle with having lodgers as I'm used to my own space. It won't be forever though.
Yesterday I had a lovely meal at an Italian restaurant. It was so good I just had a slice of toast at teatime.
Today I have a chiropodist appointment early-ish and then I'm picking up dgs1 from nursery for an hour. I look forward to seeing him. Have a good day all.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 27-May-22 07:37:40

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate
What a relief GrandMattie. It’s like you’ve come though a dark tunnel to the light at the end. Long may it last.
This morning I have my Dgs wonder what mischief he will bring! I should also be having the delivery of a new Microwave which I hope will work better than the current one.
Have the best day possible folks

Sar53 Fri 27-May-22 07:35:48

Good morning from France where we are due a warm and sunny day.
The owner of the gites has a collection of 5 classic sports cars and has invited us all to take a car and drive out to lunch. No power steering, left hand drive and all manual what could go wrong. I'll let you know tomorrow how it went.
I'm glad your DH is home GM and that you have your DS with you, I hope you have a better day.
Enjoy Friday whatever you are doing. Love from France xx