Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 29/May 2022

(51 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 29-May-22 05:54:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright but cloudy , but also cool start here in brackley .
Yesterday , I decided to stay at home , and watch the cycling, this morning apart from getting my lunch , I will also watch the final days stage in the Tour of Italy .
Mind you , the forthcoming week will be interesting ,as I have a mixed bag of things to do .
Take Care,
Mick

dragonfly46 Sun 29-May-22 08:06:41

Happy Anniversary Ladyleftfieldlover.

cornergran Sun 29-May-22 08:13:21

Morning Mick, Morning All from a sunny corner of Somerset

Yesterday was unreasonably active, today will be much less so. A garden potter for an hour or two and much sitting reading methinks.

You must be exhausted grandmattie, hope today is a good one for you both. Safe trip back tomorrow sar, good luck at the airport urms, hope all goes to plan. Love the cabin oops, a peaceful place. Oh marydoll, please rest today and let others look after you. I’d be with you kitty, would much prefer being home with the children. Hope the family return victorious or I suspect much grumpiness.

Take care everyone. Enjoy what you can of today.

Grandmabatty Sun 29-May-22 08:13:23

Happy anniversary to you both Ladyleftfieldlover. Enjoy your day.

Jaxjacky Sun 29-May-22 08:14:02

Beautiful Ladyleftfieldlover. Happy Anniversary ???.

monk08 Sun 29-May-22 08:15:02

Happy Anniversary Ladyleftfieldlover?? enjoy your day

cornergran Sun 29-May-22 08:15:28

A very happy anniversary ladylfl, that’s a fabulous view to celebrate with. Enjoy your lunch, that journey will be worth it.

ShazzaKanazza Sun 29-May-22 08:16:53

Good morning Mick and everyone. We have a mixed day of weather today I think but at the moment it’s lovely. I love that first morning walk around the garden with my cuppa. Our tadpoles are starting to change to froglets which amazed our DGD yesterday as she tried to fish them out with a stick.

Enjoy your last day of the Tour of Italy Mick.

grandMattie it’s good to hear you and your DH had a better day yesterday. It must be so frustrating for you. I was very worried about you yesterday ?

Sar enjoy your last day, hopefully you’ll be coming home to sunny weather. Though you’ll certainly feel the temperature difference. We are still feeling it from our hot week in Spain last week.
Urms have a fabulous holiday with all your family. Such treasured memories to be made.

Ladyleftfieldlover have a wonderful anniversary today.

Take care everyone with all your wonderful activities, family gatherings and Sunday lunches. Hugs and a hand hold to all those with worries and illness. ??

Ali23 Sun 29-May-22 08:27:48

Good morning everyone, from sunny Leicester.
Grandmattie, I’m so glad that things took a turn for the better. Long may it continue.
I’m planning to work on a tiny cardigan today, which I’m crocheting following a you tube video... technocrafting!

Ali23 Sun 29-May-22 08:29:07

Sorry, sent too soon... have a lovely Sunday, everyone, whatever you are doing.

Susan56 Sun 29-May-22 08:32:07

Good morning from Shropshire.

A quiet day planned here today hopefully??DH is planning a day in the garden.

Thank you Mary, I think mum is beginning to show signs of improvement.My brother is there today and we are planning to go midweek as we need to organise things going forward.First thing will be a pendant alarm which mum has agreed to.If anyone can recommend any companies for the pendant alarm I would be really thankful.

I hope you feel better as the day goes on Mary?

Sar, your month in France has gone by so quickly, safe travels home and Urms hope the airport isn’t too awful.

Love the cabin Oops, you have given my DH ideas??‍♀️

Hoping for a good day for grandMattie and family???

Have the best day you can everybody??

harrigran Sun 29-May-22 08:33:25

Good morning from the NE where we have rain, it feels cooler.
Sister and BIL visited yesterday and while they were here the family arrived.
DD and SIL are coming for dinner this evening, hopefully one of them will be able to help me put the salt in the dishwasher as I was unable to open the lid. Silly little things that leave me frustrated.
Thoughts are with the poorly people and their carers.

hulahoop Sun 29-May-22 08:38:39

Happy Anniversary ladyleftieldover have a lovely day. Slow but sure Dragonflyget some rest Marydoll .GM hope today goes well .
Safe journeys to all travelling .We are decorating ?.

Urmstongran Sun 29-May-22 08:41:35

Spectacular view LLFL! Happy anniversary to you both!
??

EkwaNimitee Sun 29-May-22 08:42:55

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny but cool Carlisle.
Today I will do some slight re-organising of the house as the family arrive for a short stay in the late afternoon. I'm keeping out of the garden, consecutive days of hole digging for shrubs did not do my prolapse much good. Disappointing because I thought my exercises were reversing matters.
I'm relieved to hear good news from you grandMattie, and hope your DH stays in better form.
Good luck at the airport Urmston and Happy Anniversary Ladyleftfieldlover. And a happy Sunday to all.

luluaugust Sun 29-May-22 09:12:52

Good morning all rapidly clouding over here in W Kent.
Happy Anniversary Ladyleftfieldlover
Marydoll I hope you now get some rest.
Quiet day here, best wishes to all.

Pittcity Sun 29-May-22 09:15:28

Harrigran, I ignore the salt warning on my dishwasher as it is not needed with modern all-in-one dishwasher tablets.

aggie Sun 29-May-22 09:20:45

Good Morning everyone, from a sunny NI , I have been out in the greenhouse where it’s 24 deg ,
My lovely friend and cleaning lady is visiting this afternoon , she has has her surgery on her knee and I hope to see her not struggling as she has been for the last few years , I hope we can sit outside , she loves gardening, (nothing to do with the wreaths of cobwebs indoors !)

Anniebach Sun 29-May-22 09:23:01

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

BlueSapphire Sun 29-May-22 09:41:26

Good morning everyone from a beautiful sunny ? Northampton. Some washing awaits in the machine to hang out.

My plans changed yesterday; decided to go and exchange the t-shirt I bought in Sainsbury's on Friday for a bigger different size. Then called in at Matalan and got some cropped.trousers in a black/white gingham for my cruise.

So it's the garden centre today for plants for the pots by my front door. Shall enjoy the 20 minute walk there and back, and will have a good mooch around while I'm there, and a cup of tea.

Glad it was a better day grandMattie, make the most of your DH's hospice stay to get some rest.

Marydoll, hope you feel better soon.

Ladylfl, happy anniversary!

And wishing a good day to all and some sunshine ?!

Urmston, enjoy your holiday, safe travels.

Greyduster Sun 29-May-22 09:55:54

Happy Anniversary Ladylfl - spent many an anniversary in West Wales. Have a splendid day??

Blossoming Sun 29-May-22 09:57:59

Good morning Mick and all. It’s cloudy and grey in my corner of Lancashire, currently 9°C.

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day so we went out. We enjoyed lunch in a country pub that we haven’t visited since before the first lockdown. Good to see it is thriving, so many have closed down.

I had good news from the doctor on Friday. My uric acid has gone down from 500 to 352 so I can continue with the low dose medication and should not have any further gout flare ups. My repeat prescription grows ever longer!

Thinking of you Grandmattie, hope today brings some peace.

Get some rest today Marydoll, hope you feel less rubbish soon.

You must all be so excited Urms, hope the airport isn’t too awful.

Happy Anniversary Ladyleftfieldlover, lovely views.

A warm welcome to any new posters I may have missed. Safe journey to any traveling and enjoy those holidays ??

Have a good day all, may all with troubles find some comfort.

Taichinan Sun 29-May-22 10:21:09

Good morning all. Blue skies and sunshine over The Smiddy on the Angus coast. Still that cold north wind though which does not bode well for our tai chi in the park later!
grandmattie don't apologise - you're being a wonderful carer for your DH. So glad it went on to be a better day for you both.
Enjoy your extra couple of hours sleep Marydoll - it sounds like you need it.
That cabin is amazing, Oops - you could hire it out as a B&B!
Happy Hols Urms (and lovely flags). Your DGD waking up making airplane noises gave me a chuckle!
momb I am full of admiration of all that you are doing with your Ukrainians - they have certainly had more than a lucky escape ending up with you.
A lovely view indeed ladyleftfield and not a cloud to be seen.
I'm sure you will regain your confidence in time dragonfly - but that was quite some tumble you took so it will take a while to get over it. Believe you will, and you will.
Last night, the final night of DGD1's end-of-year show was excellent. I don't know how she will get through the next few weeks with no dancing - I think she's already counting the weeks until next term! And of course there are still the performances with the Scottish Dance Theatre to come next month, with plenty of rehearsals. That will get her through June!
Now off I go to look out layers of warm clothes for this afternoon - and as I write the grey clouds are thickening .......
Love to all x

GrannyGravy13 Sun 29-May-22 10:22:58

Morning all

The sky is getting progressively greyer here in S E Essex.

A quiet day today after a busy pine yesterday, roast chicken for dinner this evening. I shall put up the bunting at the front if the house this morning along with some in the garden.

Will now settle down and read all the previous posts.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

mamaa Sun 29-May-22 10:35:10

Good morning all, and I hope, as good a Sunday as can be had for all.
Today I shall be mainly 'dashing away with a smoothing iron'- I iron much less than I used to now I'm retired, but I do still like to have lovely ironed bedding.
Not quite there yet Urms re total #lazygran achievement, but getting there wink grin.
Oh well, I've procrastinated for long enough, I'll just finish this cuppa and then start...

gillgran Sun 29-May-22 11:02:54

Good Morning from a sunny at the moment, Cambs.,

Great photos again today, a lovely view for your anniversary, LLFL.
That's a super cabin, Oops.
Urms, I love to see the Union flags flying, (& enjoy your family holiday).

I hope you soon feel better Marydoll, take it easy.

dragonfly, that was a nasty fall you had, along with the bumps & bruises, I think that our confidence does take a knock, taking time to recover. Take care now.

Warm thoughts for you & your family, grandMattie.

Be kind to yourselves.