Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 25th June 2022

(66 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 25-Jun-22 05:53:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Another sunny start here in brackley this morning,with no cloud at the moment .
Today, will hopefully go to Bicester via Buckingham ,and return and watch cycling on T V .
Blood test went OK yesterday , I know have the kit to do the poo sample , but its setting it up to do it.
Take Care,
Mick

hulahoop Sat 25-Jun-22 13:29:07

Hope pain subsides and you can stay out of hospital if you have to go to hospital a consultant will be in call if needed .Kitty and Chrissie hope your daughters get sorted .

Grandmabatty Sat 25-Jun-22 13:24:26

I'm really glad you have your husband home Grannmarie. Baby steps indeed

Curlywhirly Sat 25-Jun-22 13:18:30

So sorry to hear you have pancreatis Marydoll as if you don't already have enough to contend with! Hope things improve for you over the weekend. Take care thanks

Grannmarie Sat 25-Jun-22 13:08:41

Just popping in to send love and prayers to all who need/ wish them.

Mick, I hope you can arrange yoyr sampke ASAP, your practice nurse will advise you, or you can see a tutorial video on YouTube. Sorry, I still can't do links!

GM, I hope your DH responds quickly to the antibiotics.

Kalu, wishing your husband well for his surgery, glad you've got family with you just now.

Marydoll, I'm so sorry to hear that you are in such pain, hoping and praying for speedy improvement.

Kitty, thinking of your DD , and all the DDs /DiLs facing treatment.

DH is now home after 2 weeks in hospital with sepsis and suspected COPD. He is a lucky man, things got quite scary. He is weak and sleeping a lot, but very thankful.
Baby steps.
???

harrigran Sat 25-Jun-22 12:46:58

Sorry to hear you are in such pain Marydoll, SIL was admitted to hospital on a Saturday with a perforated gall bladder and there were no surgeons available until the Monday afternoon. When I worked in theatre there were surgeons there 24/7 , are they above weekend work now ? [Angry]

Grandmabatty Sat 25-Jun-22 12:31:35

I'm so sorry Marydoll. It's a horrible affliction. I hope it subsides very soon.

JenniferEccles Sat 25-Jun-22 12:08:07

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain Marydoll.
Pancreatitis is horrid.
One thing struck me though, how can it be right that there are no surgeons in hospitals over the weekend, meaning patients have to wait until Monday?
How long has this been the case?

gillgran Sat 25-Jun-22 11:29:17

A late Good Morning from a bright & breezy Cambs., Fortunately (for me) it's not so hot as the past few days, it's a lovely 20, just right for me!!

So sorry to read that many have health problems, either yourselves or your loved ones.

Thinking of you all, take all the good advice on here.
flowers for all who need them.

Anniebach Sat 25-Jun-22 11:08:44

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Greendress Sat 25-Jun-22 11:03:07

Marydollflowers

luluaugust Sat 25-Jun-22 10:57:51

Very late this morning, I am so sorry there are so many health problems, take care Marydoll, Kalu and gM
Another quiet day but can now go for half an hour without coughing so improvement.
Best wishes to all

Stilllearning Sat 25-Jun-22 10:52:58

?*Kalu*, very glad you have family with you.

I’m sorry you are in such pain Marydoll, I hope it lessens soon. x

ShazzaKanazza Sat 25-Jun-22 10:52:53

dragonfly I agree with you that grandMattie’s earrings are beautiful. When I was 16 I had my ears pierced. I didn’t put any in for quite a long time and one healed up. Last year popped into Claire’s accessories and had them done again. Had a pair of pearl earrings put in. A few weeks later took them out and blow me the ear had healed over again in just a few days. There is a very thin layer to break through and my DH wants to do it again with ice and a needle. I’m such a wuss I’d pass out I think ?

Georgesgran Sat 25-Jun-22 10:33:11

Sorry to hear you’re so unwell .MD - lots of fluids and painkillers and do as you’re told! Your health limitations must be very annoying for such a character as you.
?Kalu - I’m sure you DH is in the best place, for now.

Susan56 Sat 25-Jun-22 10:30:00

Marydoll and Kalu?

aggie Sat 25-Jun-22 10:25:34

Good morning everyone , though it doesn’t sound like a great day for some people with poorly OHs
It is so hard to watch partners suffer while caring for them pulls your own health down xxx
Poor Marydoll that is an awful pain I’m told xxx
Just had a phone call from youngest Son , he , his partner and son were due to visit with my sister , then come here for a few days but she is just back from Germany and has tested positive for Covid so they will be here tomorrow instead of next week ! It will be nice to see them , they are still getting better from their dose of Covid, just as well we are all well jabbed or it could be curtains !

Marydoll Sat 25-Jun-22 10:22:12

I have seen a doctor and and have medication to ease the spasms. My GP says I have to present myself at A&E, no point in phoning 111.
I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

Urmstongran Sat 25-Jun-22 10:17:37

Poor you Marydoll. Pancreatitis is very painful. I hope you have something in your medication box that might ease the pain for you, if not ring 111 perhaps or your pharmacist for advice? Hope you are better soon and hospital can be avoided.

dragonfly46 Sat 25-Jun-22 10:17:33

Oh wow Mary pancreatitis is incredibly painful. My DS had it when he was 30 due to gall stones and nearly died. Please go to hospital - even at the weekend it is the place to be.

Sorry to hear your DH is in hospital Kalu I hope he returns soon after his op and all goes well.

Chrissie I remember these things crop up during treatment but hopefully the chemo goes ahead on Monday. Is she coming to the end yet?

I love the earrings Mattie I have never had my ears pierced and often regret it.

ShazzaKanazza Sat 25-Jun-22 10:16:34

Marydoll hope it settles down and you keep out of hospital. ?sorry you have felt so poorly x

Blossoming Sat 25-Jun-22 10:13:41

I hope the pain settles soon Marydoll flowers

GrannyGravy13 Sat 25-Jun-22 10:12:11

Marydoll I hope the pancreatitis settles down soon, sending you a (((hug)))

Marydoll Sat 25-Jun-22 10:09:38

Good morning all, a short post.
I have pancreatitis and am quite unwell.
I will have to go to hospital if it doesn't settle by tomorrow.
The only reason I'm not in hospital, is because it's the weekend.
I would just be lying in A&E and wouldn't be seen by a surgeon, until Monday. Fingers crossed it will settle, The pain has been horrendous.
To those who sent PMs, thank you. I couldn't lift my head off the pillow yesterday to reply, but they were very much appreciated..
Love to all, who are struggling.

hulahoop Sat 25-Jun-22 09:56:00

Welcome back Urms ,Gm and Kalu ?and all who need them .We are going to one of our Gg dance show this evening it's lovely to see how they are improving year after year she is 10 started when she was 3 .It's our third week without buses and unpredictable train service I feel for people without transport especially elderly we live on a steep hill a walking from town is very difficult taxies are doing a brisk trade but not everyone can afford them .

ShazzaKanazza Sat 25-Jun-22 09:29:51

Kalu so sorry you have the worry of your DH in hospital. So pleased though you have family there for support. X