Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 25th June 2022

(65 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 25-Jun-22 05:53:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Another sunny start here in brackley this morning,with no cloud at the moment .
Today, will hopefully go to Bicester via Buckingham ,and return and watch cycling on T V .
Blood test went OK yesterday , I know have the kit to do the poo sample , but its setting it up to do it.
Take Care,
Mick

BlueBalou Sat 25-Jun-22 06:02:51

Good morning Mick, it’s a sunny start here too in Wiltshire.
The house is in complete mayhem because of decorating and a wonderful carpenter making built in wardrobes so at least it’s pointless trying to do housework at the moment!
I need to do yet more furniture jenga over the weekend in preparation for the bedrooms getting decorated next week. I will have yet more stuff going to the charity shop so that’s good.
DDog walk first though, I love our early morning walks -especially if we go across the fields- it’s so peaceful.
Hope everyone has a peaceful weekend x

Pantglas2 Sat 25-Jun-22 06:06:39

Good morning Mick and all who follow from a bright north Wales- it seems doubly appropriate for me to be using the chamberpot this morning after reading your post….?

I shall trot along for a ? after finishing my brew then to the allotment later to replenish my veggie supplies before my EV brunch - always think of her as I slather the ? on?

I’m off to a curry at a friend’s this evening but will drive and won’t stay late as I’m enjoying a ‘dry’ spell after my overindulgences in ??. MrPG fell at the first hurdle at DDs barbie earlier this week and commented on the lack of bottles in our recycling….?

Hope everyone has a peaceful weekend x

grandMattie Sat 25-Jun-22 06:13:31

Good morning from a bright E Kent. It reached 24C by early evening, which is far too hot for me. Hopefully today will be less hot.
Was exiled upstairs yesterday as DH has a bladder infection which has made him completely doolally and sapped him of what little strength he had in his legs. Moving him is impossible. One good thing is that he is obedient and will sip water/drink when offered it. He doesn’t remember that it was only 10 minutes since the last sip!
Shall be upstairs until I can manage to move DH down. Then I shall have to think of where I’ll sleep… but at least I’ll be able to move around and do stuff, while being able to hear him. His voice has gone.
It’s lovely to see you again, Urms. Marydoll, I hope you’re ok and managing to rest.
With hope that today is kind to everyone. Carpe diem. ?????

Jaxjacky Sat 25-Jun-22 06:16:12

Morning from sun in S Hants, just switched the slow cooker off, a gammon is now cooked. Family over for lunch, mid point between two birthdays, we didn’t risk a bbq as the forecast was iffy.
MrJ will grab my paper when he gets up, but I doubt it will get glimpsed until later today.
Have the best day you can ??

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 25-Jun-22 06:26:14

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I’m still in bed listening to the pigeons, cooing, and wondering why I didn’t sleep well last night. I will be volunteering at a nearby interesting historic house all day. OH said he would cook bangers and mash for dinner. ??? to lots of you.

Beechnut Sat 25-Jun-22 06:27:24

Good Morning from sunny Severnside.

Definitely going to clean my car today. I’ll start as soon as possible after 7am. In the meantime I am tracking my brothers plane. It’s over the Irish Sea right now. I shall wave as it comes over the channel even if I can’t see it in the sky.

Have a good day all and welcome back Urms ???

Greyduster Sat 25-Jun-22 06:28:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is up in South Yorkshire but thankfully there’s a breeze blowing. DD is doing the Round Sheffield Run today so the breeze will help keep the temperatures down. My trip to the Central Library yesterday was very good; a hands on art session which I found very therapeutic. My son is coming down to spend the day with me today and we will hopefully get the hedge at the back of the garden wall cut back, and maybe fit a walk in too. It will be good to see him.
Have the best day you can folks.

Sar53 Sat 25-Jun-22 06:44:43

Good morning from another lovely day in Essex by the sea.
Afternoon Tea yesterday was lovely and Lord of the Dance was brilliant, even DH said he enjoyed it.
Today we are having new fencing to one side of our car park, they will be here at 7.30 so I need to get dressed.
No other plans today.
Have a lovely Saturday everyone, much love xx

Jaxjacky Sat 25-Jun-22 06:56:41

Meant to say welcome back Urms you’ve been missed ??.

Urmstongran Sat 25-Jun-22 06:58:58

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s the start of another glorious day. As you can imagine this heat and sunshine suits me down to the ground. All’s quiet here, no trains squealing into the station opposite as it’s another day of the rail strike.

We have no calls on our time until 5pm when we are babysitting. Had to laugh the other day as L’il Miss and I walked home from the park:

Me: ‘oh look at these pretty flowers in this garden’.
L’il Miss: ‘what are they called grandma?’
Me: ‘fuschia. See how the pink & purple dangle down from the leaves’
Leila Miss: ‘they look just like earrings!’.

That’s what I shall always liken them to now. ?

Enjoy Saturday all who can and special thoughts to those amongst us who can’t right now. x

Urmstongran Sat 25-Jun-22 07:00:28

* ha, predictive text snuck through -she’s not called Leila!

LauraNorderr Sat 25-Jun-22 07:11:28

Good morning Mick and all from bright and sunny but very windy Anglesey.
It’s rained all night so will not have to water the garden today.
I’ll be busy doing nothing today after a week of visitors and painters.
Wishing you all peace and contentment.
???

Susan56 Sat 25-Jun-22 07:13:22

Good morning from Shropshire.

A quiet day planned with Miss M.She is happy playing in peace without Henry smashing all her creations up.Lego and Barbie’s are the order of the day.We will take her home at teatime.

I hope the antibiotics kick in soon for your DH grandMattie.UTI’s are horrendous.Years ago I remember an elderly lady on the ward I worked on being brought in by two burly policeman.She was raving but it turned out to be a UTI and a week later the sweetest little lady was discharged.When he finishes his antibiotics get another sample checked,I am sure the district nurses will suggest it but it’s important as quite often a second course is needed.

Hope Marydoll is ok???hopefully hear from her today

Have the best day you can everyone??

dragonfly46 Sat 25-Jun-22 07:20:24

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Nothing at all planned for today so will relax. We seem to have been very busy recently.

I hope your DH’s UTI clears up soon Mattie.
Welcome back Urms.
Best wishes to all.

Grammaretto Sat 25-Jun-22 07:23:45

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
Sun and wind here.
Great to see you back Urmssmile and Matt.
I can remember loving fuschias as a child. But we used to pull off the extra "legs" so they looked like ballerinas.
Glad you enjoyed your treat Sar it sounded great fun
I had a lovely pre theatre meal yesterday at an Italian restaurant within the theatre. We saw Laurel and Hardy which was very good.
I hope the day turns out well for everyone.

Pittcity Sat 25-Jun-22 07:24:47

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
DH has just left to help set up the Air Cadet stall at our local Armed Forces Day show. I shall walk over later and maybe some of the family will come too. It's a free day out and the sun is shining.
Love to all ? x

ginny Sat 25-Jun-22 07:27:50

Good morning. A lovely sunny start to the day here in N. Bucks.

I’m off to a matinee performance at Tolethorpe House Nr Stamford with DD 2 today. We shall eat out on the way home.
Couple of jobs to do first.
Hope you all have a good day.

Blossoming Sat 25-Jun-22 07:28:41

Good morning Mick and all. It’s a sunny start again in my corner of Lancashire, currently 13°C.

Plan for today is getting on with clearing space and emptying the airing cupboard ready for the boiler service next week.

It reached 24° here too GM an£ the rain, rather than cooling it down, served only to make it more humid. I hope it stays cooler here.

Lovely to have you back Urms, we’ve missed you. I love fuchsias, I have a very old one that seems to survive anything.

Hoping Marydoll is taking it easy, she seems to have a lot on her plate just now.

Positive thoughts to those going through difficult times. I hope today is a good one for us all, with a ?or ??along the way.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 25-Jun-22 07:36:01

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate
Welcome back Urms
Hope you can soon get treatment for your DHs UTI. It’s so difficult for you just now
Yesterday took advantage of the good weather to wash blankets. Will do more today. We have someone coming to give us an estimate for a security system today. Apart from that, nothing much doing today.
Am missing Marydoll hope you are feeling better!
Have the best day possible folks

BlueSapphire Sat 25-Jun-22 07:38:25

Good morning everyone from a bright and ?Northampton. I always find weekend days the longest, so will take myself off on the bus to a retail park (Rushden Lakes) in East Northants. It's a nice ride on the bus, going through pretty villages, so I shall sit on the top deck and enjoy the view. Will have a.spot of lunch out as well.

Got both lawns cut yesterday before an evening outing to see a local amateur drama production, .'The Haunting of Hill House;' it went on a bit, .and I came away thinking "what was all that about?" Some of the actors were very good and well deserved their applause.

Must get my skates on, as I have some washing to hang out before my excursion today.
May we all see some sunshine ? today.

Grandmabatty Sat 25-Jun-22 07:43:20

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 13° and cloudy. It looks windy as well. Ladyleftfieldlover I didn't sleep at all well last night so I sympathise. In my case it was self inflicted. I foolishly had an iced latte at the cinema. I went to see Elvis last night with friends. It was fabulous.
Today another outing to breakfast with other friends. I'm looking forward to it. Then I'll pop in to dd and see how they are. Dgs1 hasn't been well the last couple of days. Then some house stuff to do. Have a good day all.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 25-Jun-22 07:53:55

Morning all

It’s warm, with fluffy clouds in S E Essex

We are driving (no trains) into London later to meet up with eldest AC for dinner, his wife had her flight from Spain cancelled yesterday, so she is hoping to get one early today and somehow get from Heathrow to meet up with us.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

brook2704 Sat 25-Jun-22 07:55:10

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s sunny and another gorgeous day is forecast.
Hoping things improve a bit for your DH soon gMattie
A relaxing weekend is in store for us and getting a few things ready as we’re off again on our travels on Monday. We’re doing a bit more of our walking adventure along the coast path in Devon and Cornwall. Its on our bucket list of challenges to complete whilst we still can as it’s quite strenuous in places ?
Your L’il Miss sounds delightful urms I’ll think of fuchsia flowers as earrings now too
Hi to marydoll and hoping things are ok ?
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

monk08 Sat 25-Jun-22 07:56:07

Good morning all from a sunny Black country,a little rain overnight so don't need to water the garden early morning.
Urms we have a fuschia from my late Father must be over 20yrs old shall look at it differently now and think of the flowers as earrings.
Full English calling so will take my leave and return later to catch up with everybody's happenings.
Have the best day you can everyone and may you all find some ?.