Gransnet forums

Chat

New items of clothing ! Do you wash before wearing?

(134 Posts)
Davida1968 Mon 27-Jun-22 16:19:06

It depends! On what it is/where its worn (!) and from where I bought it.....

Dickens Mon 27-Jun-22 16:14:16

Urmstongran

Nope.
#lazygran

Just bought a pair of summer trousers in Sainsbury’s and popped them on a hanger ...

It's not lazy Urmstongran... life's just too short!

... I quite like Sainsbury's clothing range. I did once wash a sweater I bought from there because I saw the sales lady pick it up off the floor before putting it back on the hanger, and it was the only one of its kind left. Unfortunately, it was one of those tunic-type sweaters made of cotton which looks and feels like wool... and I hung it on a hanger fairly damp and it stretched so much, it became a dress grin.

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 27-Jun-22 15:55:37

No.

Zonne Mon 27-Jun-22 15:53:37

Nope. Too lazy, and I can say its better for the planet. And my water bill.

HowVeryDareYou Mon 27-Jun-22 15:45:45

No, I don't wash anything before I wear it (I don't believe in making work for myself)

Urmstongran Mon 27-Jun-22 15:29:33

Nope.
#lazygran

Just bought a pair of summer trousers in Sainsbury’s and popped them on a hanger ...

NotSpaghetti Mon 27-Jun-22 15:23:58

Yes. My daughter works in the industry and says everyone would be keen to wash them if they saw the storage/making-up process and what happens along the line.

Audi10 Mon 27-Jun-22 15:22:02

I forgot to say all new items I hand up on hanger on the washing line to get airing first

Audi10 Mon 27-Jun-22 15:15:32

I always wash underwear yes, but I can honestly say I do not wash anything else! Maybe I’m a mucky pup!