Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 28th June 2022

(64 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 28-Jun-22 05:55:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its clear sky sunny start here in brackley this morning .
Today , I hope top get the bus to Bicester to do my usual there ,and then return home later .
I might get some B12 and Iron supplements to see if they help .
Take Care,
Mick

Ali23 Tue 28-Jun-22 07:57:20

Good morning everyone. Time to pack up and go home from Derbyshire, where I got wet yesterday morning in the rain in Bakewell and spent a glorious afternoon at Chatsworth in the sun ?

Mick, I also think that I would wait to see what the doctor says. He might have a specific plan for you.

Grandmattie, you are so right you do need your sleep. Do the hospice provide night carers? My friend’s father had a night nurse provided by Macmillan. My neighbour’s husband keeps her awake night on night (different reasons) and she has just had 4 weeks of night carers coming in, provided by social services.

Take care all.

ginny Tue 28-Jun-22 07:58:03

Good morning from a breezy but bright N. Bucks.
Almost ready for our trip to Devon. Only going half way today then onwards on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing our friends.
Thoughts with all who are struggling with illness themselves or of loved ones.

Susan56 Tue 28-Jun-22 08:03:59

Good morning from Shropshire.

Nothing planned today but as DH says always lots to do!Thinking maybe I should make a start on clearing the wardrobes?

Mick, I agree with Mary that you should wait to see your GP who will prescribe any supplements you need.

Thoughts with all unwell and those caring for loved ones?

Have the best day you can everyone??

Gingster Tue 28-Jun-22 08:08:30

Good morning all and yes it’s sunny again here in Essex. We had quite a downpour yesterday afternoon and it did freshen the air a bit.

This morning I’m having coffee with an old friend and we’ll chat for a couple of hours, back here for a snack with dh and then on to Bridge club. I feel a bit mean being out all day with the car but Dh is happy having an empty and walking the dog. He’ll watch Wimbledon and get the tea ready. He isn’t a sociable soul but does comment if I’m out too much?. We really are chalk and cheese!

Ash - my Dh shattered a window last week by strimming a stony area. Those machines can be lethal.!

Chrissielou - sorry to hear you have Covid, especially on your holiday. I hope your DD is ok ?. Get well soon. .

Urms - you’ve-started a trend! I had a clear out yesterday , although I’m not one for a lot of clothes, shoes, coats etc, anyway, but I’ve got a sack to go to charity. Now I’ve just got to persuade Dh to do the same. He has far more than me , always wears the same things but won’t throw anything out. ?

GM I do hope you get some rest today.

Marydoll glad you’re feeling a bit better.

I hope you all have a good day. ?

harrigran Tue 28-Jun-22 08:10:17

Good morning from a cloudy and a little cooler NE.
Washer is on and I am determined I will get everything washed and ironed today.
I gave away four enormous containers of lawn fertiliser that I no longer need. There are a husband and wife who mow lots of lawns in our street and they were happy to take them off my hands. I now have the rest of the garage to clear but baby steps.
So far so good sister's flight hasn't been cancelled and she should arrive tomorrow.
Thoughts are with grandMattie and all others with poorly relatives.

Pittcity Tue 28-Jun-22 08:20:59

I cleared my wardrobes out a la Urms but now the sales are on and they are filling up again......

Urmstongran Tue 28-Jun-22 08:25:41

Lovely Pittcity to buy new. In my case clothes that fit (sadly = a bigger size) but at least now when I open my wardrobe I can WEAR anything in there! I bought a pair of TU soft green summer trousers yesterday which I plan to wear for my lunch meet today. I have honestly found my clothes mojo after feeling overwhelmed for too long.
?

Sar53 Tue 28-Jun-22 08:29:44

Good morning from a sunny Essex by the sea.

So many poorly folks on here at the moment. Big hugs for you all.

We are having a new fridge/freezer delivered tomorrow so I need to finish defrosting the old freezer this afternoon.

Apart from that I shall be watching some tennis and doing a bit of my cross stitch. I shall be glad to finish this one, its huge and is taking months to do.

Have the best Tuesday you can, love to all xxx

Grandmabatty Tue 28-Jun-22 08:30:07

Good morning all from Polmont where it's grey and windy. It doesn't augur well. Grandmattie you definitely need your sleep. Marydoll I'm another glad you are feeling a bit better.
Yesterday dd and the boys came round. Dgs1 had a doctor's appointment but we played in the garden while dgs2 napped to give mummy a break. Dgs1 had lots of fun playing with the sand and water and investigating the tomato plants and beetroot. Dgs2 woke just as dd and dgs1 were heading to the doctor. So lots of baby noises and smiles for grandma! Mind you, the boy can scream when he doesn't get his own way. It turns out that dgs1 has a nasty ear infection and was given a spray to deal with it. Poor wee man. He's lost his appetite too which is definitely not like him.
Today I will hunker down as the weather isn't great. I'll potter and draw. No need for a clear out a la Urms as I did that earlier this year. Have a good day all.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 28-Jun-22 08:35:13

Gingster I got soaked to the skin in that downpour yesterday afternoon. Parked outside the chemist in the High Road, umbrella broke, I had sandals, knee length shorts and a T shirt on, in my defence when I left home an hour before to go to the doctors it was warm and sunny ☔️☔️??

GrannyGravy13 Tue 28-Jun-22 08:37:20

Urmstongran when the drugs kick in I intend to try on everything in my wardrobes and have a good cull before my busy month, thank you for the inspiration ?

Grammaretto Tue 28-Jun-22 08:38:11

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's really far too cold and windy to be considered Summer.
I am still staring at my new cooker. We used it to make potato rissoles yesterday but I have lost the instructions so fancy baking will have to wait.
I am expecting an Archivist today to talk to me about my late DHs papers. His "library" contains more historical documents than most museums.
It is easier with clothes, at least here, because if they're not worn the moths get them.
Sorry to hear your DH is not improving gMattie but glad you have DD and are getting some rest.
Chrissielou what a time you are having!
I also hope you make it to the play Marydoll
My Czech helper leaves today. She has been wonderful. She has transformed my DD's old room. It's presentable now. She even washed all the curtains and bedding and cleaned the carpet. She made me throw out masses of ancient electrical stuff.
Should I have warned DD?
Have a happy day if you can everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 28-Jun-22 08:40:18

Good morning all from bright Harrogate
grandmattie you must do what you have to do to get some rest, otherwise you will be of no use to your DH. flowers
That’s really tough getting covid on holiday Chrissielou. Hope you have the mild Version. Hope your DD is feeling the benefits from her treatment.
Hope your DDiis feeling better too Kitty
Glad your DH managed to enjoy his birthday ? yesterday Marydoll hope you are feeling better too
Have the best day possible folks

Jaxjacky Tue 28-Jun-22 08:50:21

Good morning from a breezy, dry S Hants.
So pleased you have a working cooker at last Grammaretto I’m sure you’ll soon be baking away.
gMattie somehow you need to sleep, hopefully some respite care for your DH will be available swiftly.
Bowls this afternoon.
Lots of poorly people here, I hope you all have an easier day, with the odd ?.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 28-Jun-22 09:04:29

Good morning from a mixture of weather in Oxfordshire, sunny, cloudy, very windy and not very warm.
Not much on today, more things to do from my list, all indoor stuff.
I’m still trying to declutter but too much going on at the moment, my list is full, so it will have to wait until after July. Although I did sort out some books to go to the charity shop, but instead they went onto the bookshelf in the garden cabin. As I said before shuffling things around instead of getting rid of them was not the plan!
So sorry that so many here are having a rough time, virtual hugs to you all and I hope you all manage to get some well earned rest today.

BlueSapphire Tue 28-Jun-22 09:22:42

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny ? Northampton.

Replying to Glammagran while I think about it and before I forget - the church is Calstone. It, and the village, hold a special place in my heart. It was my DF's birthplace and home for many years; my uncle and aunt lived there till the 1960s and I spent many happy hours there as a child. And yes, I am off on a cruise in August!

Yesterday was spent busy around house and garden. Cleaned the bathrooms in the morning, The rain cleared up by lunchtime, so I cut the front hedge by the drive in the afternoon, and weeded the border- took a good couple of hours. Chatted to next door neighbour, then his elder DD arrived.home from school with the results of her cookery lesson, and I was invited to try one of her sausage rolls, which were delicious.

A morning of not doing very much, an early lunch then out to a health walk.

Must now.go back and read the whole thread; wishing all well today.

hollysteers Tue 28-Jun-22 09:35:55

Good morning Mick and all from a breezy northwest coast.
My dreams are very vivid at the moment, my late DH and my mother often appearing. Read yesterday this could be a sign of approaching dementia, oh no, it was nightmares for that condition and these were rather nice.
Off to sing this afternoon and must get some artwork framed for exhibition.
As there are quite a few with troubles here sadly, I will just send my thoughts to all.

Blossoming Tue 28-Jun-22 09:36:09

Good morning Mick and all. It’s sunny in my corner of Lancashire, currently 16°C.

Not much planned for today other than my Healthier You zoom meeting and usual physio exercises.

Enjoy your London trip Grandmadinosaur. Have a lovely time on your walk Brook, hope you didn’t get too wet.

Sorry you’ve succumbed to Covid Chrissielou, hope your daughter isn’t feeling too bad, and your daughter too Kitty.

Hope you can get some extra support and some sleep GrandMattie. You need both at this sad and difficult time flowers

Positive thoughts to those going through difficult times. May today be a good one for us all, with a ?or ??along the way.

EkwaNimitee Tue 28-Jun-22 09:39:14

Good morning Mick and everyone from grey but brightish Carlisle where worse is forecast for the afternoon.
More plants put in yesterday but I may have underestimated the number I needed when I went to the garden centre at the weekend so I may need a return visit....Meanwhile the cherry tree planted in the front is giving off unhappy vibes. Nothing obviously wrong with it but no new shoots coming forth. Probably has the same feelings about this summer as I have.
It's housework this morning and I suspect it will be a reading afternoon plus I have 2 small pictures ready to hang.
All this talk of clearing out wardrobes is making me feel restive. I have 2 large wardrobes jammed full plus chests of stuff stored away for the season/holidays. At least I could take some to the charity shops but what do you do with surplus bits and bobs of kitchen ware, accumulated over the years, some from the late caravan, and now no longer needed? I sometimes wonder why one person needs so much stuff around her to support her daily life!

Wishing all of you with troubles a better day.

luluaugust Tue 28-Jun-22 10:00:33

Good morning from a rapidly clouding over W Kent. Yet another quiet day, nearly ten days since first signs of the Covid so should be free soon, surely.
Had a good look round the wardrobe yesterday and culled a few bits for the charity shop next week.
Best wishes to all

aggie Tue 28-Jun-22 10:34:38

Good morning everyone, bbrrr it’s chilly !
I’m resisting putting on the heating , it’s underfloor type so it isn’t instant anyway . Got my cardi on and crocheting a blanket , or pretending to crochet ??
We got a lot of gardening done yesterday so the rain is doing a good job on the plants
I have more birthday cards to make , but inspiration is lacking ,
I am sad to see what gMattie is experiencing, lots of us on here can understand your pain !

Party4 Tue 28-Jun-22 10:39:33

Morning all ,due to family crisis haven t been able to keep updated on GN posts til this a.m.
So sorry to hear of illness amongst our regulars and their families.
Thinking of GMattie whose strength amazes me,please try and accept any offers of help and try to catch up on sleep, you need self care to meet the levels of care your DH needs to remain comfortable.?
Phone call yest to let us know BIL whilst bedridden and in nursing home suffered a bad fall on Sat.(confused attempting to get out bed).Although he had previously tested negative, yest.he tested positive and struggling.We fear the worst but he has surprised us all over past 10 yrs. of illness.Now of course we are unable to visit as they have other cases of Covid, such a shame as the home have been brilliant over 2yrs in keeping it virus free.
Quiet lazy day apart from washing bedding as tomorrow it's hectic Wed DGC x 4 care p.m. with hairdressers appt in morn.
Thoughts to all those with illness and worry.

ShazzaKanazza Tue 28-Jun-22 10:44:37

Party4 good morning.
I’m keeping everything crossed for your BIL so sad you can’t visit now but I’m hoping he surprises you again and can recover from his bout of covid. ?

utterbliss Tue 28-Jun-22 10:57:42

Good morning everyone.

Today is my 70th Birthday.

This is the first time I have posted on the day-by-day site.

I think it is lovely how supportive you all are to one another,

no horrible judgmental comments.

I wish you all a happy day.

Blossoming Tue 28-Jun-22 11:13:26

Hello Utterbliss, welcome to the GM thread and Happy Birthday!