Gransnet forums

Chat

Sick people in shops

(134 Posts)
MerylStreep Sat 02-Jul-22 08:38:55

nanna8
I believe you’ve told us many times that you are a Christian.
You seem to have forgotten your lords teaching on judging

Chardy Sat 02-Jul-22 08:38:06

I'm with you Nanna8. Yesterday 1 in 30 people were carrying Covid, and the death figures are rising (87 yesterday) again.
Personally if I had a coughing fit in a shop, I'd like to think I'd go outside.

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 02-Jul-22 08:30:00

I cough with my Asthma, I would try to wear a mask, but it isn’t always possible, I’m not contagious.

ginny Sat 02-Jul-22 08:26:30

I have a long term cough ( I’m talking years)that has never been explained. It doesn’t make me feel ill and I am not.
I can have a prolonged bout of coughing, which sounds awful are wears me out but nobody else is going to catch anything from me.
Not all coughs are contagious.

Calendargirl Sat 02-Jul-22 07:03:04

If someone was coughing badly, I would keep well away from them, but wouldn’t dash out of the shop.

Greenfinch Sat 02-Jul-22 06:44:19

My DH has COPD and could have been that very man. Please don’t judge.

mumofmadboys Sat 02-Jul-22 06:36:19

The man may have no-one to shop for him and not own a computer to order online. Maybe he has COPD and has a cough a lot of the time. Who knows.

M0nica Sat 02-Jul-22 06:35:25

DH coughs a lot and can, at times, look rough. Nothing to do with him being 'sick'. Simply, that after heart-surgery and a severe hospital acquired infection, he has a damaged lung and this causes him to cough a lot.

Because he has a damaged lung, he cannot use a mask as it makes the situation worse. All this could apply to the man you saw.

nanna8 Sat 02-Jul-22 06:11:34

We just went to one of our local shopping centres and in the supermarket there was a man with no mask who was coughing everywhere and looking pretty sick. I grabbed my husband’s arm and we left very quickly but I was left wondering how selfish some people are, no thought for others. No excuse, there is a delivery service available at very little cost. O wonder diseases spread.