Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 3rd July 2022

(47 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 03-Jul-22 05:54:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a sunny start here in brackley this morning.
Today , a nice easy day for me , with the British GP F1 up the road , the local skies will see Helicopters passing above or close by taking people to Silverstone , which because of the event , becomes one of the busiest airfields in UK .
I my self will watch Tour de France live , on its last day in Denmark .
Health wise seem OK but getting used to when I take medication now plus with having Iron as well how soon that settles in , I have scrubbed taking paracetamol as when the Doctor told me acid shown in my blood test , hence why they want to check my stomach .
Take Care,
Mick

harrigran Sun 03-Jul-22 08:35:12

Good morning from a bright NE.
Yesterday was difficult as I felt poorly all day.
Family came after lunch and stayed until bedtime.
We talked about a family holiday which is booked for next week, not sure whether I will make it as I am awaiting the plumber to sort out remedial work in my bathroom and the boiler.
Thoughts are with grandMattie, I was never able to get any assistance with DH so know how it feels.
Take care all you poorly people.

Jaxjacky Sun 03-Jul-22 08:35:48

Morning all from a cloudy S Hants, grandchildren are here, eating croissants right now, then we’re off to a car boot sale, youngest wants Pokémon cards. They’ll be dropped back to their Mum at 12.
Happy Anniversary ginny ??
A poignant one for you yesterday Greyduster ?aren’t poppies lovely.
Thoughts with you grandMattie so hard.
May you have your best day all ?.

Grandmabatty Sun 03-Jul-22 08:47:12

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 14° and sunny. The post I thought I had sent yesterday disappeared so hopefully this one will appear. Thoughts are with all those who are unwell.
Yesterday I met a friend for breakfast and a blether. Then dd and the boys came round. Dgs1 seemed brighter but still complaining about his sore ear. Thanks for thinking of him Susan. Dd will take him back to the doctor on Monday if he's no better. Dgs2 is a sunny wee boy with a temper! My can he scream! ?
Today it will be just me and I'm glad as I'm all peopled out. I will hoover and iron and water the garden and potter away quietly. I think the cherry jam will get made at some point too. Possibly moussaka for dinner. Have a good day all.

baubles Sun 03-Jul-22 08:58:27

Good morning all from South Lanarkshire where the sun is trying to break through a watery sky.

Yesterday was such a lazy day, didn’t even get out for a short walk as the weather was so miserable. I was thinking about going to church this morning but I’m not sure if it would be too tiring even though DH offered to come with me and he hasn’t seen the inside of a church, other than for weddings and funerals, for years.

Thinking of Mattie, Marydoll, the Kalus and the poorly DDs. Hugs to you all.

ShazzaKanazza Sun 03-Jul-22 08:59:57

Good Morning Mick and everyone from Hull. It’s bright at the moment with showers later.

grandMattie and family ? such a sad time for you all.
Happy anniversary ginny enjoy your lunch with your friends.

We had a lovely afternoon and evening out yesterday with cocktails and a delicious spicy Indian on the marina. The old town of Hull was packed with revellers it was good to see.

Looking after our little grandaughter yesterday morning was lovely she is such a good baby. Her big sister managed 50 minutes on her first trip to the cinema but once all the treats had gone she got bored lol.
Today while SIL watches the Grand Prix with his dad. DD and the girls are back here for a roast so more lovely GD cuddles. DGS is with his mum today so we won’t see him and DS.
Have as good a day as possible everyone and my thoughts to those with stress and health worries. ??

EkwaNimitee Sun 03-Jul-22 09:04:56

Good morning Mick and all from grey showery Carlisle where a gardening day may or may not be possible. I might pop down to the garden centre to get a few plants in for when it is.
Otherwise, there are plenty of little jobs to do in the house and a backlog of reading to catch up on. The latter is the most tempting, I have a lack of get up and go this morning, I'm trying to give my btm a good kicking. I have a puritanical nature that feels I should achieve something useful every day!

Well, have a useful day or not, everyone, and may the sun shine on us all.

dragonfly46 Sun 03-Jul-22 09:07:28

Happy Anniversary ginny.
Greyduster flowers

Grannmarie Sun 03-Jul-22 09:08:10

Good morning, Mick and all, from cloudy North Lanarkshire. I hope it stays dry for my first park walk with my sisters since DH'S collapse nearly four weeks ago. He had his follow up Pulmonary out patient appointment, now waiting to hear from the consultant. Still weak and tires very easily, one day at a time.

Sending love and prayers to all who need/ wish them, I will light candles for everyone,
especially the GM family, Marydoll, Ginny's DGS, Grandmadinosaur and Kitty's daughter and brother...? ? at Mass this evening.

Enjoy the anniversaries, outings and family get togethers.

Greyduster flowers

luluaugust Sun 03-Jul-22 09:29:55

Good morning all from a sunny W Kent. I think I might have to go and buy a blow up bed as I now seem to have one more person coming to stay than I have beds for! Otherwise quiet day.
Good wishes to all

Blossoming Sun 03-Jul-22 09:45:33

Good morning Mick and all. It’s cloudy and bright in my corner of Lancashire, currently 16°C.

I’m glad you’re feeling better Mick and settling into your new routine.

Thinking of GrandMattie and Marydoll flowers

I am still in bed with a mug of tea. My back hurts when I move, so another day of not much. Thank you for all your kind thoughts. I’m annoyed with myself for falling, I don’t know why grin

Happy Anniversary Ginny

Waving to Urms and the crumpet queen, missing their friendly chatty posts in this thread.

Hope today brings some happiness and comfort to all.

hulahoop Sun 03-Jul-22 09:59:45

Happy Anniversary Ginny .We were up at 6 am to go to boot sale oh likes to go ,we could do to do one ourselves but he doesn't fancy that. Thinking of all with health problems be it themselves or a family member.

gillgran Sun 03-Jul-22 10:16:11

Good Morning to you all from a bright, warm & still very dry Cambs.,

Thinking of all with worries, especially grandMattie & your family.
I really hope you feel better soon, Marydoll.
Warm thoughts for you, Greyduster. I love to see poppies, & what a pretty area you live in.

As much as I love this area, our flat fens are....very flat.!!
Our DD managed to walk the +32+ miles yesterday in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance with her cousins & lots of their friends, on the Fen Rivers Way, from Cambridge & into Norfolk, the fund is now at £25K (& rising!).

In prettier surroundings, I've enjoyed hearing of your walking holiday, Brook.

Enjoy Suffolk by the Sea, Gingster.

Happy Anniversary to ginny.

flowers for all who need them.

Party4 Sun 03-Jul-22 10:41:42

Morning and thanks to Mick.
? and thoughts to GMattie and Marydoll although there appears to be many GNs with worry and family illness.Is it as family increase so do the worries but when times are good, life is so good.
Up early to support DIL in local 10k charity run.She has such a hectic lifestyle and fits in so much as well as being a fantastic wife and mother.We are blessed to have her.
Visit to check on the oldies later.Men will be going to final match of season then all here for dinner.How the weeks fly by.

aggie Sun 03-Jul-22 10:55:57

Good morning everyone from a dull CoArmagh
Family have left after a short stay , now to put the house back together again
Virtual Mass this morning, our Chapel is closed for refurbishment so I can’t light candles , but I do think of all our poorly and stressed members

hollysteers Sun 03-Jul-22 11:09:31

Good morning Mick and all from Cloudy Chambers northwest coast.
Very enjoyable evening with friend in the city last night and oh my, some sights to be seen…
Meal at one of our favourite restaurants, but I chose a spinach and cream Wellington, which was disappointing. I come from such a large family, I often stumble across various cousins when out. No hangover as only one gin and tonic, then soft drinks, can’t cope with bad heads now. I’m tired as it is. Home by 12 and a far cry from past wilder patches. My nighttime cramps are now seriously disrupting sleep, might be my statins.
GM??? and thoughts to all with worries.
Will read through later.

Chrissielou Sun 03-Jul-22 11:36:30

Sitting in the garden looking over the fields with a coffee, very late to post. Covid symptoms are declining but still no taste or smell which is odd.
Thoughts are with you grandMattie and I wish you a peaceful day with your family beside you and DH.
Thankfully another week before I'm back to work. Am in 'the doldrums' as my mum used to say, think all the continuing anxiety with my DD1 has caught up with me a little, I can do nothing to help her apart from listen just now. Life very hard for her.

hollysteers Sun 03-Jul-22 11:44:06

Thoughts too to Greyduster and I love the photos.

ShazzaKanazza Sun 03-Jul-22 12:12:41

Chrissielou so sorry to hear your DD is going through a hard time. It makes you feel sick inside doesn’t it wishing you could take all the hurt away from your children. ?

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 03-Jul-22 12:23:11

Good afternoon all from showery Harrogate
Just got back from church, where I said a wee prayer for you GrandMattie what trying time your are having.
Hope you are feeling better Marydoll
Happy anniversary Ginny
Have the best day you can, folks!

Chrissielou Sun 03-Jul-22 12:47:46

Thank you ShazzaKanazza, you are so right.

Mapleleaf Sun 03-Jul-22 17:16:37

Greyduster, a day of mixed emotions for you yesterday, I’m sure. The photos are beautiful, what a lovely area you are close to for such lovely walks, I hope it gave you some comfort. ?