Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 9th August 2022

(46 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 09-Aug-22 05:54:53

Good Morning Everyone,
A clear blue sky is what I have woken up to this morning in brackley .
My plans for the day is to get the bus to Bicester around 9 , returning about 1130 , while the temperatures are reasonable as it seems to get hotter mid afternoon .
The only advantage with this heatwave , is the days are drawing in slowly .
Take Care,
Mick

monk08 Tue 09-Aug-22 08:54:08

Good morning all from a sunny Black country.
Towels in the washing that's the only trouble with all this nice weather I keep finding things to wash, I love to see washing on the line.
Nothing much happening here we're off to friends this morning it's his birthday tomorrow and he will be out with family. Will pop into Lidl on way back its local to him and haven't been there for a while.
Will catch up later so best wishes to anyone celebrating, safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Take care all and enjoy your Tuesday and may you all find some ?.

Urmstongran Tue 09-Aug-22 08:55:22

I’m always left wondering what novels you are reading peeps when you mention them! Looking for suggestions. Blue you’ve certainly piqued my curiosity.
?

grandMattie Tue 09-Aug-22 09:01:22

urms, Patrick Gale is always good value. Anther fave is Mary Wesley if you can find her.

Urmstongran Tue 09-Aug-22 09:01:57

Me (again) sorry. Just to say my Express lashes are nearly all out. I’ve hated the prickliness. Daughter thinks they looked nice but as she said, when she wears hers them it’s nice to peel them off at bedtime. I said ‘can you even imagine sleeping in them’ and she said no way. I’m so glad I didn’t know they’d last almost 14 days (and itchy nights!) when I had them done. At first I thought gosh I’ll be glad when they come loose in about 5 days. NEVER AGAIN! Vanity is a terrible thing. Ha!
?

EkwaNimitee Tue 09-Aug-22 09:07:01

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Carlisle. It was yesterday too when I had to go into town on errands. Sunday was a different story, cool and windy. However, I successfully forced myself out for a trip up to bonnie Scotland. I went up on country roads that were almost traffic-less but it was a different story in Gretna Green, my destination. There were coach loads of folk, practically all Scots and a few foreign tourists, not an English accent to be heard. No one was getting married, the main attraction was the piper. I do love a piper, I'd like to do a Queen Mother and have one waking me at dawn below my window but I don't think I'd be popular with the neighbours!

It's housework and laundry today and possible a little work in the garden. I had a tidy up in my veg border yesterday and found I had one runner bean ready to eat, so it was.
I wish you all a pleasant day.

SunshineSally Tue 09-Aug-22 09:29:41

Good morning all from a very warm and sunny South Hants. Washing machine has just finished spinning so will get it all on the line before stripping the bed and washing those too.

May even get the hoover out before it gets too hot ? to do anything! Gave the dog a bath yesterday and then a late walk, only for him to roll in something smelly, fox poo probably - cue another bath! ?

Not much planned for today. DH has a visit to the tip and we’ve a delivery due this evening of a long awaited dishwasher ?. Need to find someone to plumb it in and reposition the washing machine to the newly renovated utility room - wish me luck! ?

Hope you all have the best day you can.

Urms lovely to see Matt again.

Hugs and ? for you all

brook2704 Tue 09-Aug-22 09:32:55

Good morning everyone from a very warm Cambridge, we’ve clear blue sky and the sun is shining
We had a gorgeous day yesterday with the DGS and a BBQ in the evening
I’ll be travelling home to Inverness later today so I’m making the most of the weather whilst I can
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Blossoming Tue 09-Aug-22 09:34:09

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s another sunny morning in this corner of Lancashire, currently 17°C.

Yesterday was housework, cycling and Gaelic studies. Today will be much the same, with the addition of a Zoom meeting. It is the final Diabetes Prevention Program meeting today. I haven’t lost much weight but it has encouraged me to be more active and to eat more healthily so that is a positive result.

Have the best day possible ???

luluaugust Tue 09-Aug-22 09:37:41

Good morning all from a sunny W Kent, off to the supermarket early and then a pottering sort of day. No more cat care responsibilities as the other grandparents have arrived.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 09-Aug-22 09:43:38

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate
Will read your posts later. Going to have to go shortly- DH has a hospital appointment this am. He’s going because he has a permanent cough! I think I’m a bit of an authority because I had a cough for five years - finally curedfive years ago when DH took
over m, it turned out, I had TB but DH has been tested for that, and it’s not his problem. Any of my suggestions are scorned by DH
I have a prescription review this pm, so it’s all go medical wise.
The security system was finished yesterday. Took a lot longer than expected. It’s an easy system, just two doorbells and a camera. Not a lot of crime here, but after our last security system died (dog) feel safer having one installed.
Have the best day possible folks

aggie Tue 09-Aug-22 09:45:19

Good morning everyone from a very sunny Co Armagh .
Youngest daughter and her three girls left to get the boat for Bonny Scotland, she’s just txt to say my Sister is joining her in 5 mins
I miss her already , she has to drive home with a car load. , but never complains
Hope we all have as good a day as possible xxxx

Shirley48 Tue 09-Aug-22 10:17:19

Urmstongran - if you like crime novels you might like Michael Robotham - I’ve just discovered him. They’re not gory and I find him quite witty.

Chrissielou Tue 09-Aug-22 10:51:11

It's another hot day in Oxfordshire. Some foolish person decided it would be a good idea to have a large delivery of logs, and get organised before the inevitable price increase. I have been stacking logs in this heat grin and about to expire.
Tomorrow is DD1's penultimate chemo session, with the dreadful cumulative side effects of steroids and the chemo cocktail, the extreme heat and added to that school holidays, she's at the end of her tether.
Hope you all have a good day, I will now read all the morning posts.

GrannySomerset Tue 09-Aug-22 10:57:53

A busy morning thus far with visit from chiropodist, handyman painting the front door and surround and wonderful cleaner doing her magic. Appointment later to have a facial - have decided I need to rediscover my old self, and a little self care is the start. Am very envious reading about rain but know that when it does happen I will soon be wishing for sunshine.

Taichinan Tue 09-Aug-22 11:38:21

Hello everyone from the Angus coast where after many weeks of wall to wall grey skies and wind we have had lovely blue skies and sunshine for the past couple of weeks or so - and wind! Sorry I've become a lurker of recent months, but I've popped in to recommend Lucinda Riley's books to Urms, particularly the Seven Sisters series. Wonderful reads! In fact I'd recommend them to everyone and anyone.
I had a lovely weekend just past, having driven down to West Kilbride to see DS1's new house. It's an area I not only don't know but didn't know existed, and it's really lovely. Gorgeous little town, all higgledy-piggledy, with beach and hills. I drove via Loch Lomond and the Erskine Bridge which was a holiday in itself. DS1 and wife have downsized as both their sons have moved away and they found they were rattling round in their empty big house. How can it possibly be that I have a son of downsizing age?! On hearing I was going there DS2 decided to hop on a train from Lincoln and join us, which was just lovely. (DD and New Man are in Portugal with their five teens at the moment - but there certainly wouldn't have been room for them all in Downsize Mansions!). DGS1 and his lovely partner came down from Glasgow for dinner with us on Saturday evening so I was able to wish him Happy Birthday in person for once. He's 29!!! And 6ft5 - even when I raise my mere 5ft4 into tippytoes he has to bend down to give me a hug. Sometimes when I'm feeling low I wonder what life's all about - but on weekends like this one I ask no longer.
As I said, I have been a-lurking on here but can't start my day until I have read all your posts and your interesting doings (and great sadnesses). What a wonderful lot you all are! (I'm also of course so glad to see another couple of tai chi-ers on here - tai chi movements are my obsession as you probably realise wink.). Take care of yourselves and I threaten another novella (ala Marydoll) whenever I next have anything interesting to report.

Jaxjacky Tue 09-Aug-22 11:50:23

Good to hear from you Taichinan good to hear you’re fine and still the Taichi Queen!
What a glorious trip to the west coast with family at the end, like following a rainbow to the pot of gold.
Take care of yourself too ?

Taichinan Tue 09-Aug-22 11:53:17

Thank you Jax

Blossoming Tue 09-Aug-22 12:26:19

Lovely to hear from you Taichinan.

Thinking of you and your DDs Chrissielou and Gingster flowers

Taichinan Tue 09-Aug-22 13:13:09

Thank you Blossom.

brook2704 Tue 09-Aug-22 13:55:42

Such a lovely post Taichinan and so good to hear from you too