Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 10th August 2022

(40 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 10-Aug-22 05:53:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Another cloudless sky start to the day here in brackley .
A day of a early local shop , as it will be hotter later on.
I did manage a trip out on the bus yesterday ,again did it early .
I hope this heatwave into thunderstorms as most afternoons it gets cloudy but nothing like a storm though .
Take Care,
Mick

Mapleleaf Wed 10-Aug-22 11:13:04

Good morning,

As Greyduster has already reported, it’s another hot day in South Yorkshire. We’ve been to the supermarket early before it gets any hotter - nice and cool in there, with the air con on and the fridges all very cold.

Just having a coffee now before deciding what’s next. Probably be relatively lazy, as it’s too hot to garden.

Those of you enjoying a trip to the seaside, enjoy your paddles in the sea, and have an ice cream for me ?.

Take care everyone and keep well hydrated.

hollysteers Wed 10-Aug-22 10:55:55

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside northwest coast.
Shattered today after four days in the Cotswolds. Stayed in Cheltenham but took buses out, the highlight being Winchcombe and Sudeley Castle and to discover Katherine Parr was buried there!
My back gives in after walking too much, such a nuisance as I love sightseeing. And I never seem to sleep the first night away.
I have a run through with the band at 1 but hardly feel up to it…
Will read through later and thoughts to gransnetters with DDs having treatment and anyone else with troubles.

Gingster Wed 10-Aug-22 10:18:01

I meant ON the sea Sar not IN! ??

Litterpicker Wed 10-Aug-22 10:17:51

Good morning from coastal West Sussex.
I actually made it to - and into - the sea yesterday. My swimming is a rather feeble breaststroke and the sea scares me so I cheat and take a big blow-up ‘tyre’ which I can lie on and kick my legs lazily. It was wonderfully relaxing floating gently up and down over the waves.

The flooring is nearly done. It’s all the ‘fiddly’ bits today. I had the usual nightmares the night before, that we’d made the wrong choice from the tiny sample and would hate it but no, it looks great and will brighten up the whole ground floor. Now to choose curtains for the sliding patio doors ?

Photos from son-in-law show that even the north west of Scotland is having some sunshine - glorious sunsets, looking across to Mull I think.

I hope you have a lovely day in Prestwick, Marydoll. I spent some time there one summer, as a young teen, with my neighbour’s niece who lived there. We swam in the sea every day and sometimes in the outdoor pool which was even colder than the sea. I must have been a different person then!

Thinking of Harrigran ? and daughters having cancer treatment - Chrissielou hope your daughter shakes of the horrible side effects of her treatment quickly and has a good result.

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 10-Aug-22 10:03:12

Another sunny day in Oxfordshire but we have a lovely breeze at the moment.
Up early to take dog out it was cool and refreshing, he so loves to play with other dogs, but he is elderly with a heart problem and 2 recently operated on hind legs bless him, we were watching a lady set up a Bat Watch video recorder last night on His late walk and he sat next to her ( after having a cuddle ) and looked at me as if to say “well, I’ll stay here and you can carry on on your own” I had to drag him away… he is such a good boy.
Anyway another day to be spent reading I think, housework can wait.
Congratulations Nannytopsy

Hope everyone has a good day

aggie Wed 10-Aug-22 10:02:20

Good morning everyone from a sunny NI
I’m sitting outside in a shady area , but I’ll have to stir myself to go for a chatty meeting about restarting our village club after the last two years in abeyance
I was trying on different tops and muttering to the mirror , this makes me look fat , I’ll swear it muttered back , but you are fat ! Sigh… I’ll just bite the bullet and wear the coolest , but least flattering top ?

GrannySomerset Wed 10-Aug-22 09:51:25

Living in a gloomy half light as all the curtains at the (currently sunny) front are closed. By lunch time will need to do the same at the back. This hot weather adds another layer of little jobs one way and another. Local flower club, of which I am inept but happy member, is celebrating its emerald anniversary with lunch today, but that is all there is in the diary until next week. If the forecast is right that is probably as well.

Hard luck having such a far-sighted DH, Marydoll. Just what you didn’t need!

luluaugust Wed 10-Aug-22 09:37:16

Good morning all from W Kent, cloudy but too hot already.
Seeing friend for a drink and chat this morning and after a broken night will probably snooze this afternoon, possibly in the garden but I have some lovely bites now.
Take care everyone.

Blossoming Wed 10-Aug-22 09:31:30

I’m Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s another sunny morning in this corner of Lancashire, currently 21°C.

I have been doing some housework as it’s going to be very hot later. Mr. B has gone to do the weekly shop. I will help put it away when he gets back. My plans for the rest of the day are cycling, Gaelic practice and balance exercises (not necessarily in that order).

Hope Mr. C’s appointment goes well Cornergran

Have the best day possible all ???

EkwaNimitee Wed 10-Aug-22 08:58:18

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Carlisle where it is 18C and steadily getting warmer.
I'm going to do the ironing shortly in case it gets too hot then I must give some serious attention to packing, plus wonder what to feed my DiL2 when she arrives on Sunday.
There's housework to do also and a book to finish, a re-read saved from 1991 that I shall pass to the charity bookshop tomorrow.

Have a pleasant day all.

Nannagarra Wed 10-Aug-22 08:52:35

Good morning from a sunny Sefton coast.
Our hallway has been floored; today the carpet fitters arrive. To avoid gripperrods and not get in the way of busy men I’ll take our DGD out on the bus to the playground and the pool. Another charity shop donation will be made en route. Later we’ll collect Mr Busy from nursery at which point the house should once more be child safe. Then it’ll be time to b r e a t h e and, without question, pour some vino.
Whatever you have planned, be sure to find a smile.
? ? ?

monk08 Wed 10-Aug-22 08:35:45

Good morning all from the Black country lovely blue sky yet again.
Nannytopsy congratulations on your new grandson enjoy your cuddles?.
Sar53 enjoy your boat trip wish I could join you, although I can't swim I love being near or on water.
I have a dentist appointment later .
Enjoy your Wednesday everyone, safe travels for those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
May you all find some ?.

Gingster Wed 10-Aug-22 08:24:13

Good morning all .

Spent the morning with DD yesterday but she wouldn’t let me do anything around the house. She likes to potter and do things gradually . So we just chatted and had a laugh or two . I think she felt much better by the time I left.

Today Im meeting DIL’s mum for lunch. We used to meet quite often but haven’t managed it for a couple of years. She a nice lady but in ‘ small doses’ . ?.

I’m wondering what to do with eldest gd tomorrow. She phoned to say let’s spend thursday together. A walk or lunch, - there is the musical ‘Waitress’ on at the Cliffs pavilion , Southend so I might suggest that. Anyone seen it?

Congrats Nannytopsy ??.

Sar enjoy the boat trip. It will be lovely to be in the sea in this hot weather. ⛵️

Ash the setting for your play sounds brilliant, entertaining as soon as the audience walks through the doors. What a great idea! ?

Mary enjoy your paddle with Dolly. ?. Lovely to get your feet in that sea.

Urms I think we have it hotter here than Malaga for the next few days. ?. Enjoy the pool. ?

Wishing you all a lovely day. ?

Marydoll Wed 10-Aug-22 08:23:00

Harri, ? I had nightmares before my endoscopy a few weeks ago. It wasn't half as bad as I had expected.
I had no sedation, as I wanted to know what was going on, is sedation an option for you?

As friend said to me yesterday , it's better knowing what you have to deal with, than not knowing what is wrong and worrying about what might be wrong. He made a lot of sense. It has helped me to come to terms with things.
This a man whose wife was told last week, that her liver transplant is failing after fifteen years of being quite well. There is probably no option to have a second one.
It really upset me, as her sister and I are friends and she has fought so bravely. It certainly puts my worries into perspective.

baubles Wed 10-Aug-22 08:17:36

Good morning all, it’s a beautiful sunny day here in South Lanarkshire.

Lovely to see Taichinan posting yesterday. Enjoy your cuddles with your new GC Nannytopsy.

We had a happy couple of hours with birthday girl and the rest of the family yesterday, so good to have time together.

Today DH and I will meet DS when he finishes work, DDoutL has taken the children are down south to visit their other grandmother and won’t be home till the weekend. I’m looking forward to seeing him.

Have the best day possible everyone. ??

BlueBalou Wed 10-Aug-22 08:17:28

Good morning from Wiltshire, it’s another sunny day here too.
Just back from early morning walk with DDog, it’s glorious to be out when the air’s still fresh and crisp ?
We did a walk where I can let her off (with everything crossed that she will come when called- recall tends to be somewhat selective!), so she had a lovely chase around with another rescue dog, it’s so lovely to see them enjoying themselves.
I have to empty the craft room today for decorating, so I intend to cull my stash at the same time.
Have a lovely day everyone x

harrigran Wed 10-Aug-22 08:06:50

Good morning from a sunny NE.
It was a warm day yesterday and I spent a lot of time in the garden.
Endoscopy unit at the hospital rang to triage me and to explain what was going to be done, I had a nightmare last night.
SIL is coming to take me shopping and just play it by ear after that.
Congratulations on the new baby ?
Enjoy your day.

dragonfly46 Wed 10-Aug-22 07:58:25

Good morning from as kitty says sunny Leicestershire.

Our large awning at the back of the house wouldn’t fully retract yesterday so will have to see if we can find someone to repair it when we get back from Holland. It is 25 years old and keeps the house cool!
Today will be spent getting ready for our trip - so excited to be seeing old friends again, I do miss them.

Wishing everyone the best day possible!

ginny Wed 10-Aug-22 07:58:23

A bright sunny Good Morning to you all from N. Bucks.
I’m off to the surgery for a blood test this morning, they want to check the arthritis markers. My hand is not as painful today and the swelling has gone down a little.
I’ll have a go later at making some Millionaires Shortbread one handed.
A few other jobs and a quick visit from DD3 and the boys.
I will spend the afternoon doing a few sketches and maybe some watercolour.

Congratulations Nannytopsy enjoy !

Kind thoughts to all who are poorly or have other troubles.
Hope today is kind to you all.

Urmstongran Wed 10-Aug-22 07:57:33

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from Malaga where currently the temperature is 24°C rising to 31°C later. A day bythe pool for cooling dips is again the order of the day. Too hot to be out walking that’s for sure. Tonight, the other 3 adults have pre-arranged a seafood paella for dinner - I will choose something else from the menu!

Himself enjoyed watching the Rangers game with his holiday buddies last night. They have dubbed him their lucky mascot as apparently they always win if he goes with them!

Enjoy those cuddles NannyTopsy a special time for you. And thank you Blue for sharing the information about your reading choices. I do like to know! Hope you have a great time on the new boat Sar53 and you enjoy visiting some different marinas. Remember to pour those drinks once the sun is ‘over the yardarm’. That’s the only nautical expression I know hehe!
?

Greyduster Wed 10-Aug-22 07:53:38

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Going to be hot and sunny again in South Yorkshire. Had a steady day yesterday with GS here, who didn’t want to do anything in particular except cook something for dinner so we opted for shepherds pie. I had a medical appointment in the afternoon, left him chopping veg and expected to come back and see his fingers covered in sticking plasters, but no! He’s turning into quite a decent cook - the pie was delicious. Today I will take him out to lunch and then drive him home. I am staying at their house this evening. I hope there will be an end to this hot weather soon.
Enjoy your day, one and all.

Marydoll Wed 10-Aug-22 07:52:53

Good morning all from a sunny Glasgow. I woke up with a blinding headache and feeling very hot and lightheaded. The cause: DH (soon to be ex DH) decided to put the heating on for ten minutes just to keep the boiler ticking over.
??????

I was delighted to see you posting yesterday, Taichinan and
congratulations on the birth of your new grandson, Nannytopsy.

We had great difficulty yesterday, getting compost, I wonder why this is.
Unfortunately, we were forced to visit B&M, which DH loathes! ?
We (the royal we) came out with three bags of compost, three bags of gravel, two reduced perennials for my new pots, an assortment of ground cover plants and a load of stuff we never knew we needed! Result! ?
DH did suggest that I have ten minutes in TKMAXX, much to his surprise, I declined. I knew I had already over done things. I never thought I would see the day, when I turned down a visit to TKMAXX!
This absence of DH's Victor Meldrew syndrome is really unsettling me! ?

We are off down the coast to Prestwick today with Dollie, because her mum has to work. I hate sand, but the overwhelming love for my granddaughter, overrides this, so we will be building sandcastles and paddling in the freezing sea. ( Not for too long!). I have drawn a line at sand sandwiches, so we are going for a light lunch. Dollie says that lunch with gran and papa is the best part!
The fact that my favourite boutique is in Prestwick and that I have unused points, has absolutely nothing to do with my our choice of destination. ?

Wishing you all the best of days. Have a safe trip, Sar and sendining my very best wishes to the DDs and anyone else needing hugs. ?

ShazzaKanazza Wed 10-Aug-22 07:50:38

Good Morning Mick and everyone from Hull.
Nannytopsy enjoy those new baby cuddles today?

Today we were due to have GS but his mummy and her boyfriend are taking him Chessington. He’ll love that as he really enjoys large rides.
I’m going to go to the gym this morning. This afternoon we’ll take as it comes but need to go to Home Bargains for bird food. The tits are clearing it all so quickly. We have loads and the long tails were back last night.

Enjoy all your activities everyone and hope those struggling with illness have some respite today ??

Ashcombe Wed 10-Aug-22 07:48:39

Good morning, all from a bright, sunny Torbay.

Thank you for all the supportive comments about ‘Allo, ‘Allo. After two summers of disappointment when it had to be postponed, there was a real buzz amongst audience and cast members at opening night on Monday. The theatre is bedecked with tricolours and French posters with Front of House stewards, bar and coffee lounge staff suitably attired in berets, striped tops, etc. Onion Johnny and an accordion player greet patrons on arrival and our director has encouraged me to mingle, dressed as a “lady of the night” who invites gentlemen “to buy a nice girl a drink”! Great fun!

How lovely to have a new grandson, Nannytopsy! A boat trip sounds idyllic, Sar53 and it’s good to read of plans involving grandchildren.

Happy hump day! ?????

Grammaretto Wed 10-Aug-22 07:46:37

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is a beautiful day.
My Kiwi family are here and every day has been packed with visitors and Festival treats.
I am not used to this level of activity.smile
Hoping my friends here are doing well.