Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 10th August 2022

(39 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 10-Aug-22 05:53:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Another cloudless sky start to the day here in brackley .
A day of a early local shop , as it will be hotter later on.
I did manage a trip out on the bus yesterday ,again did it early .
I hope this heatwave into thunderstorms as most afternoons it gets cloudy but nothing like a storm though .
Take Care,
Mick

Sar53 Wed 10-Aug-22 06:16:55

An early good morning from Essex by the sea. The sun is already shining and we are off early today on our first trip out in our boat.
We are visiting a couple of marinas up the east coast, back on Friday afternoon.
We won't have any WiFi so not sure if I will be able to post.
Enjoy the next few days and stay safe in the heat to come. Love to all xx

grandMattie Wed 10-Aug-22 06:19:43

Good morning from E Kent. No point giving the weather, you know what it is!
Nice to see you back, taichinan. I had been wondering how you were.
Hope all went well with the first performance, Ash. ?
Had a long chat with DD yesterday. The girls are with their other grandparents and she and her DH were going out to dinner and theatre/cinema. Apparently, the aircon wasn’t working and they were offered alternative tickets next week. They can’t go, so opted to boil. I hope it wasn’t too dreadfully hot.
Today, I’m visiting a friend and her little DGD. Should be fun.
Hope people and their loved ones in sick bay have a better day. Carpe diem.????❤️

cornergran Wed 10-Aug-22 06:30:10

Morning Mick, morning All. You guessed it, a blue sky over our corner of Somerset. We seem to be in the firing line for the very hot weather this week having missed most of the last really hot days.

Yesterday mornings trip to the beach extended to lunch time, we found both shade and a breeze, very pleasant. After much faffing with our non functioning dash cam along with many a strong word we trundled to the supplier where it was fixed in seconds. Success if embarrassing as it was so simple. A long chat to our goddaughter and a rifle through my wardrobe filled the rest of the afternoon. One rail has produced a large bag for the charity shop. More to follow.

Some dust removal, a grocery delivery and more wardrobe culling on the cards today. Won’t see you all tomorrow as Mr C has an unreasonably early cardiology appointment. Hope the hospital air conditioning is working.

Take care everyone. Hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

Ali23 Wed 10-Aug-22 06:35:44

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Leicester. We have guests coming today from Spain. Im looking forward to spending a couple of days with them before they stay in our house whilst we are away for a week.
Needless to say, lots of cleaning and bed making occurred yesterday!
An early start this morning. My clothes must be moved from my bedroom, then I’ll go shopping at opening time so we can have our dog walk before their arrival.
Have the best Wednesday that you can, everyone.

Nannytopsy Wed 10-Aug-22 06:47:41

Morning everyone! An exciting day as we are off to meet our new grandson who was born on Sunday. Can’t wait!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Grandmadinosaur Wed 10-Aug-22 06:53:49

Good morning all from East Yorkshire. It’s a lovely sunny morning here.

I enjoyed a lovely lunch with the coffee morning ladies yesterday. We are all looking forward to holidays, trips out and for one an imminent new grandchild. Exciting times.

Enjoy cuddles today Nannytopsy

Another go with the flow day for me.

Take care everyone.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 10-Aug-22 07:05:31

Morning all from what promises to be a boiling hot West Oxfordshire. I have still got lots of books etc., to put back now the decorators have finished. They were brilliant and we said we would give them a 5 star review! I have a hair appointment late afternoon to have my roots done. I’m not ready to go totally grey yet! I also have things to drop off at the local charity shops.

brook2704 Wed 10-Aug-22 07:06:16

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s sunny and we’ve a forecast of 24º here today ?
Enjoy your special cuddles with your new DGS today nannytopsy
I travelled home from Cambridge yesterday, the journey was good with no delays or but the train was busy. A lovely welcome as DH met me at the station with DGD in tow, she’s was here for a sleepover last night as DD2 and DGS are away in Glasgow. This morning I think I’ll take her swimming at the pool in the gym and then a picnic in the park.
Enjoy your boat trip Sar it sounds just lovely ⛵️
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Pittcity Wed 10-Aug-22 07:16:11

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Hot and dry again.
Missing Wednesday morning coffee meetup as were visiting DD2 and DGS2. DGS (age 7) has requested a picnic at a local playground. I'm slapping on suncream and a hat.
Love to all ? x

BlueSapphire Wed 10-Aug-22 07:17:54

Good morning everyone from yet another sunny and bright day in Northampton. I have all the blinds and curtains closed at the back of the house, and will do the same at the front this afternoon.

Have a charity sack to fill for tomorrow, so I aim to bite the bullet and send some of late DH's last remaining clothes which I have been holding onto for no other reason than sentimental.

Then this afternoon I shall sit out in a shady spot in the garden to read and listen to the radio.

One week from today I shall be excitedly waiting for my car to pick me up and take me to Dover for my cruise!

Urmston, the book I have just finished is Bel Canto by Ann Patchett. It tells the fictional story of a group of hostages and their captors in an equally fictional Latin American country - I was mightily disappointed with the ending. I have just started Would I Lie to You, by Aliya Ali-Afzal which is more at the chick-lit end of the spectrum, which I don't normally read, but I needed something lighter and easier after the last book.

Have a pleasant Wednesday everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 10-Aug-22 07:31:10

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate
Congratulations for your new DGS, I’m sure you will enjoy meeting him today Nannytopsy
Enjoy your trip Sars sound idyllic for this weather.
Nothing much doing today, but the washing machine will be busy. I have to pop in to the surgery this am and also to try out a new to me coffee shop. I may catch up with friends later
Have the best day possible folks.

kittylester Wed 10-Aug-22 07:35:44

Good morning all from a sunny but sticky North Leicestershire- mind you, the sticky might be having 2 DGDs in bed.

I don't think I've posted for the last couple of days - there has been a lot of life going on here.

Congratulations Topsy on your new grandson.

Grandmabatty Wed 10-Aug-22 07:40:03

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 10° but feels warmer. There are blue skies too. It looks lovely outside. Us northern folk don't get spells of weather like this often. Rain is usually the order of the day,so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
Yesterday's dentist appointment was not as bad as I feared. My broken tooth is going to have a white filling. If that doesn't work then she'll put a crown in. I'm back next week for some gum work and the fillings. I'm pleased it isn't more as it's nearly four years since I saw a dentist.
Today I'll visit mum as usual. Then I'm going for lunch to a friend who was bereaved last year and has struggled with depression since. His partner always did the cooking so I think he's a bit nervous too. I'm looking forward to seeing him again. There will be a small group of us and we know each other well, so lots of chatting. Later I'll potter about the house and garden. Have a good day all

Grammaretto Wed 10-Aug-22 07:46:37

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is a beautiful day.
My Kiwi family are here and every day has been packed with visitors and Festival treats.
I am not used to this level of activity.smile
Hoping my friends here are doing well.

Ashcombe Wed 10-Aug-22 07:48:39

Good morning, all from a bright, sunny Torbay.

Thank you for all the supportive comments about ‘Allo, ‘Allo. After two summers of disappointment when it had to be postponed, there was a real buzz amongst audience and cast members at opening night on Monday. The theatre is bedecked with tricolours and French posters with Front of House stewards, bar and coffee lounge staff suitably attired in berets, striped tops, etc. Onion Johnny and an accordion player greet patrons on arrival and our director has encouraged me to mingle, dressed as a “lady of the night” who invites gentlemen “to buy a nice girl a drink”! Great fun!

How lovely to have a new grandson, Nannytopsy! A boat trip sounds idyllic, Sar53 and it’s good to read of plans involving grandchildren.

Happy hump day! ?????

ShazzaKanazza Wed 10-Aug-22 07:50:38

Good Morning Mick and everyone from Hull.
Nannytopsy enjoy those new baby cuddles today?

Today we were due to have GS but his mummy and her boyfriend are taking him Chessington. He’ll love that as he really enjoys large rides.
I’m going to go to the gym this morning. This afternoon we’ll take as it comes but need to go to Home Bargains for bird food. The tits are clearing it all so quickly. We have loads and the long tails were back last night.

Enjoy all your activities everyone and hope those struggling with illness have some respite today ??

Marydoll Wed 10-Aug-22 07:52:53

Good morning all from a sunny Glasgow. I woke up with a blinding headache and feeling very hot and lightheaded. The cause: DH (soon to be ex DH) decided to put the heating on for ten minutes just to keep the boiler ticking over.
??????

I was delighted to see you posting yesterday, Taichinan and
congratulations on the birth of your new grandson, Nannytopsy.

We had great difficulty yesterday, getting compost, I wonder why this is.
Unfortunately, we were forced to visit B&M, which DH loathes! ?
We (the royal we) came out with three bags of compost, three bags of gravel, two reduced perennials for my new pots, an assortment of ground cover plants and a load of stuff we never knew we needed! Result! ?
DH did suggest that I have ten minutes in TKMAXX, much to his surprise, I declined. I knew I had already over done things. I never thought I would see the day, when I turned down a visit to TKMAXX!
This absence of DH's Victor Meldrew syndrome is really unsettling me! ?

We are off down the coast to Prestwick today with Dollie, because her mum has to work. I hate sand, but the overwhelming love for my granddaughter, overrides this, so we will be building sandcastles and paddling in the freezing sea. ( Not for too long!). I have drawn a line at sand sandwiches, so we are going for a light lunch. Dollie says that lunch with gran and papa is the best part!
The fact that my favourite boutique is in Prestwick and that I have unused points, has absolutely nothing to do with my our choice of destination. ?

Wishing you all the best of days. Have a safe trip, Sar and sendining my very best wishes to the DDs and anyone else needing hugs. ?

Greyduster Wed 10-Aug-22 07:53:38

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Going to be hot and sunny again in South Yorkshire. Had a steady day yesterday with GS here, who didn’t want to do anything in particular except cook something for dinner so we opted for shepherds pie. I had a medical appointment in the afternoon, left him chopping veg and expected to come back and see his fingers covered in sticking plasters, but no! He’s turning into quite a decent cook - the pie was delicious. Today I will take him out to lunch and then drive him home. I am staying at their house this evening. I hope there will be an end to this hot weather soon.
Enjoy your day, one and all.

Urmstongran Wed 10-Aug-22 07:57:33

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from Malaga where currently the temperature is 24°C rising to 31°C later. A day bythe pool for cooling dips is again the order of the day. Too hot to be out walking that’s for sure. Tonight, the other 3 adults have pre-arranged a seafood paella for dinner - I will choose something else from the menu!

Himself enjoyed watching the Rangers game with his holiday buddies last night. They have dubbed him their lucky mascot as apparently they always win if he goes with them!

Enjoy those cuddles NannyTopsy a special time for you. And thank you Blue for sharing the information about your reading choices. I do like to know! Hope you have a great time on the new boat Sar53 and you enjoy visiting some different marinas. Remember to pour those drinks once the sun is ‘over the yardarm’. That’s the only nautical expression I know hehe!
?

ginny Wed 10-Aug-22 07:58:23

A bright sunny Good Morning to you all from N. Bucks.
I’m off to the surgery for a blood test this morning, they want to check the arthritis markers. My hand is not as painful today and the swelling has gone down a little.
I’ll have a go later at making some Millionaires Shortbread one handed.
A few other jobs and a quick visit from DD3 and the boys.
I will spend the afternoon doing a few sketches and maybe some watercolour.

Congratulations Nannytopsy enjoy !

Kind thoughts to all who are poorly or have other troubles.
Hope today is kind to you all.

dragonfly46 Wed 10-Aug-22 07:58:25

Good morning from as kitty says sunny Leicestershire.

Our large awning at the back of the house wouldn’t fully retract yesterday so will have to see if we can find someone to repair it when we get back from Holland. It is 25 years old and keeps the house cool!
Today will be spent getting ready for our trip - so excited to be seeing old friends again, I do miss them.

Wishing everyone the best day possible!

harrigran Wed 10-Aug-22 08:06:50

Good morning from a sunny NE.
It was a warm day yesterday and I spent a lot of time in the garden.
Endoscopy unit at the hospital rang to triage me and to explain what was going to be done, I had a nightmare last night.
SIL is coming to take me shopping and just play it by ear after that.
Congratulations on the new baby ?
Enjoy your day.

BlueBalou Wed 10-Aug-22 08:17:28

Good morning from Wiltshire, it’s another sunny day here too.
Just back from early morning walk with DDog, it’s glorious to be out when the air’s still fresh and crisp ?
We did a walk where I can let her off (with everything crossed that she will come when called- recall tends to be somewhat selective!), so she had a lovely chase around with another rescue dog, it’s so lovely to see them enjoying themselves.
I have to empty the craft room today for decorating, so I intend to cull my stash at the same time.
Have a lovely day everyone x

baubles Wed 10-Aug-22 08:17:36

Good morning all, it’s a beautiful sunny day here in South Lanarkshire.

Lovely to see Taichinan posting yesterday. Enjoy your cuddles with your new GC Nannytopsy.

We had a happy couple of hours with birthday girl and the rest of the family yesterday, so good to have time together.

Today DH and I will meet DS when he finishes work, DDoutL has taken the children are down south to visit their other grandmother and won’t be home till the weekend. I’m looking forward to seeing him.

Have the best day possible everyone. ??