Gransnet forums

Chat

I know how to save the NHS money

(31 Posts)
pandapatch Sat 13-Aug-22 13:08:47

Have had a letter from the NHS this morning, telling me they are inviting me for bowel cancer screening (so far so good!) and that my screening kit will arrive in 2 weeks. Why are they fore- warning me, why not just send the kit???

Witzend Sun 14-Aug-22 14:13:09

They could sort out their admin, for a start. I know of more than one case where people have been sent to the wrong centre for a minor procedure, not to mention appointment letters sent to an address many years out of date - when the NHS have the correct one and have previously used it.

And I know I’ve said this before, but medics’ time so often wasted because the system will insist on sending appt letters to people with dementia, when they’ve been repeatedly told that the person will a) never remember, even if they haven’t already thrown the letter away, or hidden it.

Yes, I know, patient confidentiality - but WTF is the point when the appt. is almost inevitably going to be missed? A duplicate letter to a relative or carer would solve the problem (albeit a waste of paper and postage) but often they won’t even do that on the grounds of patient confidentiality.

Jaxjacky Sun 14-Aug-22 14:24:11

They could stop sending paper full stop, posting letters to those of us, like me who’ve quite willingly given their email and phone numbers to them. I use Patient Access and the NHS app, I don’t need paper.

PollyDolly Sun 14-Aug-22 15:38:09

growstuff

I don't use SystmOne, so I have no idea how it works, but it sounds as though the error is with their systems rather than the NHS, especially if the old medication is no longer on your repeat prescription. My GP uses PatientAccess. I order my repeat prescriptions online and have never received anything I didn't order.

No, the error wasn't on SystmOne. Both the GP and the Pharmacy use it; patients log into their profile, order the medication online, the request is then sent on to the designated Pharmacy and a few days later patient or representative collects the medication.

henetha Mon 15-Aug-22 11:42:48

I was on SystemOne, but it's changed now to Airmid here.
I order my meds this way.

pandapatch Mon 15-Aug-22 12:25:20

Well i still think they could put the test in with the letter. Don't see why the presence of the kit should cause anymore panic than the letter alone.They obviously send it to everyone eligible as I have no associated medical condition and have participated in the screening programme before. It doesn't say anything about telling them if you don't want to participate.