Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 16th August 2022

(66 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 16-Aug-22 05:50:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but grey cloud start here in brackley this morning ,and still as yet no rain locally , with hardly any breeze .
It makes me wonder whether the heatwave will ever go .
Anyway plan to bus to Bicester early this morning for a change of Scenery .
Take Care,
Mick

hulahoop Tue 16-Aug-22 18:22:21

Happy birthday grammatetto.Have lost one post hope everyone has a good day .Thinking of those with worries.

Maria59 Tue 16-Aug-22 13:24:23

Happy birthday Grammaretto

Mapleleaf Tue 16-Aug-22 11:14:21

Pile, not pike - now that would be interesting ??.

Mapleleaf Tue 16-Aug-22 11:13:45

Good morning all,
It’s starting to cloud over a bit here in South Yorkshire but still no rain. We’re supposed to have some this afternoon.

I must motivate myself to do the ironing before the pike grows too big. My excuse has been that it’s been too hot, though now it’s a touch cooler, so I ought to get on with it.

Happy birthday Grammaretto. Enjoy your day. ????.

Urmstongran Tue 16-Aug-22 11:02:14

“How Vypr works. We use your feedback to help companies to develop products that you might like to buy in the future. In return for answering questions via our FREE app, you'll earn Vypr points. Once you reach 10,000 points, you can redeem these for £5 sent directly to your PayPal account.”

Not for me then. Sounds like a lot of effort (over time) for a fiver. ?
#lazygran

Urmstongran Tue 16-Aug-22 10:59:34

Hello to you chapelhouse ? nice to have you join us. I’ve not heard of that app so I’m off to Google it!
?

gillgran Tue 16-Aug-22 10:49:56

Good Morning from a very hot, & still dry Cambs., ( thought about you, brook, on Sunday/Monday when the BBC news showed us Inverness, letting us know what rain looked like!))
Warm Birthday Greetings for Grammaretto, enjoy you special day. flowers cupcake wine

Thoughts for all with health worries & those poorly daughters too. x
Take Care all.

chapelhouse1999 Tue 16-Aug-22 10:28:25

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

luluaugust Tue 16-Aug-22 10:25:42

Good morning from W Kent, a few drops of rain with the promise of more to come. Happy Birthday Grammaretto
Meeting friends we haven't seen for years this evening so the catch up of all catch ups.
Best wishes to all.

Taichinan Tue 16-Aug-22 09:43:13

Hello everybody. Just popped in to say Happy Birthday to Grammaretto - lovely that you're able to share it with your Kiwis. Sad as usual to hear of all the worries and illnesses, but lovely to hear of all the holidays and outings too. Not so much the dental visits! Have a lovely time at tai chi grandmattie - it seems to attract the nicest people so your friends there will be the best wink. We had our bi-monthly committee meeting yesterday so I really must get down to the dreaded paperwork now. The weather has turned, up here in Angus - we haven't had an excess of rain but oh dear it is cold and this morning I wouldn't have been surprised to see sleet on the windows rather than raindrops! DD, New Man and The Five Teens came back from a glorious ten days in Portugal yesterday, so I bet they are feeling it. Youngest granddaughter returns to school on Monday for the winter term of her final year, so there you have it - summer is officially over!

Grammaretto Tue 16-Aug-22 09:37:32

Thank you very much for all the birthday greetings. I am truly touched.
Love to you all smile

hollysteers Tue 16-Aug-22 09:28:17

Good morning Mick and all from a cloudy northwest coast. Will have a warm up before singing this afternoon and have my music and props organised.
Nice day yesterday and my brolly came in useful! After nails done had a mushroom and garlic panini in one of my favourite cafes, although there is a regular sullen waitress who has seen me near,y every week for years and long faced, never says hello or acknowledges me when serving me.
Then strangely a hunt to find a kitchen towel holder, finally located inTKMX and it has a very pretty painted base.
GM? and birthday greetings Grammatetto
Thoughts to those with worries.

Blossoming Tue 16-Aug-22 09:21:17

Not sure how I managed to repeat my first post on top of my second post grin

Blossoming Tue 16-Aug-22 09:18:43

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s raining in this corner of Lancashire, still warm at 18°C. The sun is peeking out from behind the clouds and it’s feeling much fresher. It looks like today will be sunshine and showers.

Today’s plan is housework, usual exercises and Gaelic studies. I have a dress that needs hemming so may get on with that. Mr. B and I have finally arranged a trip to Galloway next month for the first time in 3 years. I’m feeling so excited at the thought of it!

Good news from the dermatologist GrandMattie, one less thing to worry about.

Good luck with the dentist Susan, I have my check up next Tuesday. I was terrified of the dentist for many years following a bad experience. My current dentist is lovely, I’ve been going there for quite a while and have lost the fear now.

Happy Birthday Grammaretto

Have the best day possible all ???

Blossoming Tue 16-Aug-22 09:10:39

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s raining in this corner of Lancashire, still warm at 18°C. The sun is peeking out from behind the clouds and it’s feeling much fresher. It looks like today will be sunshine and showers.

Today’s plan is housework, usual exercises and Gaelic studies. I have a dress that needs hemming so may get on with that. Mr. B and I have finally arranged a trip to Galloway next month for the first time in 3 years. I’m feeling so excited at the thought of it!

Have the best day possible all ???

Anniebach Tue 16-Aug-22 09:03:33

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Beechnut Tue 16-Aug-22 09:02:33

Wishing you a Happy Birthday Grammaretto ???

Nannagarra Tue 16-Aug-22 09:00:53

Grammaretto ? ??

Sar53 Tue 16-Aug-22 08:54:09

Good morning from Essex by the sea. It is cloudy but the sun keeps trying to come out.
We had a small shower yesterday afternoon, about 10 minutes of heavy rain but within an hour the ground was dry again.
A very Happy Birthday to Grammaretto, enjoy the day with your family.
I have a neighbour coming in for coffee later this morning then I am going to check up on the boat and do a bit of cleaning on it ready for our next adventure, hopefully the end of next week.
DH is having a lovely time motoring up the Thames, they spent last night in a place called Goring, moored up on the towpath.
Have a pleasant Tuesday everyone and lets hope we get a bit more rain in the south of England xxx

baubles Tue 16-Aug-22 08:50:42

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s tipping down, normal service has resumed.

Happy birthday to you Grammaretto, have fun with your family.

I hope your DD is feeling a bit better today Chrissielou.

You’re often in my thoughts Marydoll, I hope you don’t have to wait too long for the results.

Pleased all is well with your ‘mole’ gM. I didn’t have any so when one appeared on my torso a few years ago and was getting bigger I took it off to the GP. I was rather bemused when she told me not to worry, it was just a senile wart and I had a couple more on my back.

Not a lot happening other than having my nails done later, I’ll dither over the colour and end up with some shade of pink no doubt.

Have the best day possible everyone.

brook2704 Tue 16-Aug-22 08:48:50

Hoping your DD is a bit better today chrissilou and her temperature is down again soon ?

Kalu Tue 16-Aug-22 08:48:24

Good morning all from a grey drizzly Glasgow. The garden has been well soaked which saves me watering every evening…..every cloud!

Happy Birthday and many happy returns of the day Grammaretto. ??Lovely to have your Kiwi family visiting and on your birthday too. So nice to see you here this morning TopsyIrene, I hope you are well and we can catch up again in the not too distant future.

Looking forward to a visit from DD1 and the girls later today before they go back to school which must be soon but I can’t remember which date. 6th yr braided blazer for GD1’s final year, how quickly the years have passed.

Have a pleasant day all.

BlueSapphire Tue 16-Aug-22 08:48:24

Good morning everyone from a very grey Northampton, rain forecast but I'll believe it when I see it. It was a lot cooler yesterday, and the only rain was a light drizzle for about 5 minutes.

The cats were sent off safely to the cattery with no drama about getting them in their carriers thank goodness. Such a pity that I can't tell them where they're going and why, and that it's only for a couple of weeks.

Today is packing day, so must get showered and dressed, then make a start. I have done a Covid test this morning which is negative (and so it should be after 11 days of isolation!).

Happy birthday ? Grammaretto, enjoy your day.

Gymstagran Tue 16-Aug-22 08:44:01

Good morning from a cooler West Midlands. Just a sprinkle of rain yesterday, hopefully more today. I'm having a relaxing early morning after four days of looking after grandchildren and the dog and chickens. Also supervising painters and builders while the heat was excessive. They worked from 7am to 7pm, all windows and doors open so no escape from the heat. I am in awe of my daughter in law who takes it all in her stride. Leisurely lunch with a friend later.

brook2704 Tue 16-Aug-22 08:43:06

We’re fine thanks for asking Gingster it has rained such a lot though, some roads were flooded and the roof came in at one of the local Tescos and at the Vue cinema, probably more places too. DD2 had a lightning strike very close to their house but thankfully no damage done. The rain hasn’t really stopped much since Sunday so we’re very soggy here ☔️☔️☔️