Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 16th August 2022

(65 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 16-Aug-22 05:50:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but grey cloud start here in brackley this morning ,and still as yet no rain locally , with hardly any breeze .
It makes me wonder whether the heatwave will ever go .
Anyway plan to bus to Bicester early this morning for a change of Scenery .
Take Care,
Mick

ShazzaKanazza Tue 16-Aug-22 06:00:51

Good Morning Mick and everyone. It’s very misty this morning in Hull. We had rumblings of thunder at tea time yesterday and a good shower enough so DH didn’t need to water the garden. We are due quite a few showers today. ?

I’m up early as I have to be in Bridlington by 8-30 to take my uncle to Scarborough for a slit lamp eye test for his diabetes. He’s still waiting for his letter for his second cataract operation to be done. He says ‘if I don’t get it by Christmas I’ll ask them to take my eye out and put a glass one in’. ?

Have a good day everyone if you can. My thoughts to those struggling with illness and worries. ??

harrigran Tue 16-Aug-22 06:01:54

Good morning Mick and all to follow.
Been awake since 4.30, too warm to sleep so got up and put the fan on.
The expected thunder did not materialise and neither did the rain, shame as I didn't water the plants last night.
Nothing planned for today, might catch up with some TV.

crazyH Tue 16-Aug-22 06:05:10

I’m usually not up early enough to join the good morning thread. Can’t get back to sleep after a trip to the loo. But here’s my ‘Good morning’, to Mick, Shazza and all who follow- have a great day all !

Jaxjacky Tue 16-Aug-22 06:28:47

Good morning Mick and all from a cloudy S Hants, we’ve had no rain yet, I’m fingers crossed for today.
Slightly cooler yesterday, so household jobs put off for a few days were done in the morning.
Admin today, car service and eye test to book. I’m also holiday cover on the voluntary phone with a drive late morning.
Enjoy your day all ??

grandMattie Tue 16-Aug-22 06:35:30

Good morning. It’s overcast again in E Kent. I’m never sure if I like the cloud cover - it is less hot in the day, but much hotter at night.
My dermatology appointment took 10 minutes. The very nice young man told me I had nothing to worry about as the ‘mole’ was nothing more than a fancy “old age wart”! Phew.
Today, I have my T’ai Chi class with my lovely friends. This afternoon, I’m at the dentist. I can give them the latest from the dermatologist.
Ages ago, DH won some vouchers from Cook! We never did anything about it, but I shall on my way home from the dentist.
Hope the (marginally for us) cooler weather suits more of us wrinklies. Carpe diem. ??❤️???

Beechnut Tue 16-Aug-22 06:47:10

Good Morning everyone from an overcast Severnside. Rain yesterday morning and cooler throughout the day.

Today I have swimming and my annual review at the surgery. A little anxious about it but I’m nowhere near as bad as I was last year. Got myself into a right pod tizzy.

Have a good day all, good news Mattie ??

Susan56 Tue 16-Aug-22 06:47:40

Good morning from Shropshire.It’s still warm but we had some rain yesterday with more forecast for this afternoon.

I am pleased your appointment went well grandMattie.

I haven’t had much sleep as I too have a dental appointment today.I have had a dental phobia all my life and get myself in such a state.

Have a good day everyone??

Beechnut Tue 16-Aug-22 06:47:43

Old tizzy

Grammaretto Tue 16-Aug-22 06:48:39

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
It's my birthday again. Goodness it comes round often!
I have my Kiwi family staying and there's a Festival in Edinburgh so plenty of fun to be had.
We will do a trip to the tip ? first.
Much needed rain again today. I wish for rain for all of you who need some too. Some photos from yesterday's walk.

ShazzaKanazza Tue 16-Aug-22 06:52:53

Good Morning to you crazyH hope you join us again?

Happy birthday Grammaretto have a lovely day with your family?

Grandmadinosaur Tue 16-Aug-22 06:55:41

Good morning everyone from a cooler,cloudy East Yorkshire.

Happy birthday Grammaretto ?

An early start for you Shazza hope the roads aren’t too busy and all goes well for your uncle ?

Good news at last at your appointment GM

Today we are off to Llandudno for a few days. DH of to his usual early gym then setting off after that.

Take care everyone.

TopsyIrene06 Tue 16-Aug-22 06:57:24

Happy birthday Grammaretto from the south side. Have a lovely day with all your family.
Pouring with rain here for the second day running. Back to normal.

Greyduster Tue 16-Aug-22 07:03:08

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs from a cool cloudy South Yorkshire. Yesterday I just got home from shopping when it started to rain - for about a minute and a half and then it stopped. Didn’t even wet the ground. GS is coming over for the day today and we have brambles and nettles to chop down again behind the garden wall. He’ll enjoy that. Then I am going to make a start on clearing out the shed. Later we are cooking rib eye steak dinner with all the trimmings (it’s cheaper than taking him out!!).
Happy birthday Grammaretto!??Enjoy your day.
A good day to one and all.

Jaxjacky Tue 16-Aug-22 07:05:50

Happy birthday Grammaretto ??have a lovely day.

Ashcombe Tue 16-Aug-22 07:06:42

Good morning from a wet Torbay where it’s still raining! A blessed sound!

So pleased to hear your positive news, grandMattie! What a relief!

Happy birthday, Grammaretto!

In haste as we have to do an early Lidl shop before I join the Props team for the morning at the Theatre.

Have a good day! ?????

brook2704 Tue 16-Aug-22 07:09:18

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s still raining, once it starts here it never knows when to stop
A very Happy Birthday grammaretto enjoy your special day! ???
No plans for today, I don’t think I’ll be in the garden so it’s a good opportunity to catch up on all the indoor cleaning and tidying jobs
Enjoy your time in Llandudno grandmadinosaur
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

ginny Tue 16-Aug-22 07:13:44

Good morning.
After two very busy days we are having a quieter one today.
We will take the boys to the local park across the road then back for the little ones nap.
We are 10 minutes walk from the centre of Rye so will wander in for lunch and a look around.
Not sure how the weather will be but it is a bit overcast at the moment.
Wishing all a pleasant day.

cornergran Tue 16-Aug-22 07:21:53

Morning Mick, morning All from a cooler, damp, overcast corner of Somerset

Understand we had a heavy shower yesterday afternoon, it looks as if there was some steady overnight light rain. More forecast for today. I can hear the sigh of relief from the plants.

Two exhausting and wonderful days with our not so little Littlest. A long and physically tiring one yesterday with a fair bit of travelling to the SS Geeat Britain, his request, where the staff and volunteers were really responsive to his needs. Couldn't thank them enough at the time, will send an email today.

Today we do - not very much. The leak detection at out neighbours bungalow has been postponed until Friday, the day of their return. I’m disappointed for them, had hoped for an answer by then.

Good news yesterday grandmattie, pleased for you. Good luck at the dentist susan. Happy birthday wishes to gramaretto, I’m sure a wonderful day ahead.

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all

dragonfly46 Tue 16-Aug-22 07:21:58

Good morning from murky Leicestershire. It still feels warm.

We are back from a wonderful few days with friends in Holland. It was lovely to be among so many people who clearly love us and miss us and we’re delighted we had made the trip over. I was reassured to know I was still able to drive on the right with little effort.

Happy Birthday Grammaretto hope you have a wonderful day with your family.

Wishing every one the best day possible and some rain!

GrannySomerset Tue 16-Aug-22 07:23:23

Happy birthday, Grammaretto, how lovely to have your Kiwi family to share it. Grey morning and much cooler, ideal for my WI trip to a local historic cemetery - actually very interesting and perhaps lunch out to follow. Looks dampish and I expect we may have some real rain at some point but it is so nice not to feel overheated.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 16-Aug-22 07:29:04

Good morning from an overcast and cooler Oxfordshire, hopefully we will get some rain today.

Chimney sweep here this morning, I remember when he used to come when I was a child, mum would put dust sheets over the furniture , put the ornaments away and roll up the carpet!

I’ve just cleared the fireplace and moved the coffee table.

Let’s hope he only finds one nest up there. Remove a nest, clean the chimney and fit a new cowl ( the jackdaws ripped ours off) £200 for any more nests in the chimney £75 per nest!! Let’s hope they’ve lived in the one nest for the last 15 yrs ?

Anyway it will be good to get it done and secure from the noisy jackdaws, even though they didn’t use our chimney this year they still use the Ariel for take off and landing.

Apart from that just housework, MrOops and nephew are going to get new tyres which apparently will take all,morning and include a cooked breakfast somewhere by the river.
Lucky them.
Happy birthday Grammeretto
Good news Granmattie

Have a good day everyone

Gingster Tue 16-Aug-22 07:30:50

Good morning all and STILL NO RAIN!!!, here in Essex!
Yesterday we had rumbles of thunder, we ran around closing windows and bringing in washing. We had a little sprinkle at that was it! I was so looking forward to a thorough soaking.
I see Inverness had floods Brook . Hope you’re ok?

Dh and I walked into town to do some banking, had a coffee and a wander round, walked back and it was just as hot as ever ?.

Today I will see Dd this morning and help her out in any way she needs me to. This afternoon is Bridge club.

Happy birthday grammaretto. Have a lovely day with your family ❤️.

Have the best day you can, everyone. ?

kittylester Tue 16-Aug-22 07:33:56

Good morning all from my bit of Leicestershire (about 4 miles from dragonfly) where it is also murky! It is really muggy.

We had a few spots of rain last night but not enough to make us even go inside.

DH has a hospital appointment today and DD2 is going home today leaving the girls with us.

Pittcity Tue 16-Aug-22 07:40:42

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. The sun was out half an hour ago but the rain is forecast for lunchtime. It rained a little yesterday and was oppressively muggy but today it will only reach 23° which is cold compared to the 30s of the last weeks.
Tuesday is charity shop day. The air con won't have to work as hard and I must remember to take my brolly.
Love to all ? x