Gransnet forums

Chat

Who hasn’t had Covid?

(252 Posts)
Katek Wed 17-Aug-22 09:44:37

A group of people is emerging who seem to be immune to the virus. Neither myself nor Dh have had it - I was on the shielded (hate that word) list but took advantage of all that I could do when restrictions were eased a little. I met people, had meals out, stayed in holiday cottage, went to theatre with Dgc etc. Of course I observed all the distancing/mask wearing/sanitising guidelines - many others have also done this and still caught the bug but Dh and I haven’t. My elder daughter is department head in a local academy and she has never had the virus either. She’s in daily contact with 50 department staff plus 100s of pupils and has avoided it. Dgd has had it, but her mother still hasn’t even with it in her own home.

I was just curious to see how many Gnetters have avoided it.

MayBee70 Thu 01-Sep-22 17:59:12

sazz1

I know that masks are really ineffective unless they are the N type but still wore one to conform.
I'm still on the fence regarding the vaccine. I've had 3 of which 2 gave me horrific side effects including blackouts and falls so will have no more.
The question is did more people die before vaccination because the vaccine helped prevent this?
Or was the virus stronger at the start and weakened over time as viruses are known to do?
Government has actually stated that they are developing a new vaccine for Autumn as the ones we've had are not effective against the Omicron varients we have now.
I'm pretty sure none of the vaccines prevented transmission and stopped people catching Covid as cases rose dramatically after 90% of people were vaccinated in my area.
Sadly vaccine or refusing vaccine has split lifelong friendships, parted family members and alienated sections of society. In UK its been bad enough but other countries policies have been far worse.
That's my thoughts on it.

It was so disappointing to realise that the vaccine didn’t prevent transmission. But I don’t really know how many more people would have died if they’d caught covid and hadn’t had the vaccine. I think many people forget how sick the first virus made people.