Gransnet forums

Chat

Christmas is . . . just around the corner . . .apparently

(29 Posts)
Vintagenonna Thu 18-Aug-22 20:59:04

God-daughter has put a message on the family whatsapp saying that decorated xmas trees are on show at CostCo.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 19-Aug-22 08:22:42

I love revelling in the seasons. So I’m still enjoying summer, sitting in the garden, sadly looking over my poor garden that has been badly neglected this year - and another holiday, then I look forward to all things autumn, a break in the Forest of Dean, the smell, the colours, bonfire celebrations and at the very end of autumn making puddings and cakes etc. Then December and all things Christmas.
Then winter, which I tolerate rather than enjoy, the Spring which I adore, but is always disappointingly colder than I think it ought to be, but time to wake up the garden and plan.

So enjoy the moment and don’t wish away the time?

Witzend Fri 19-Aug-22 08:29:24

I enjoy the run up and the week after, more than the actual day. I love seeing all the decorations, lit up trees in people’s windows, making mince pies and playing carols (none of either of those in this house before 1st December though) plus of course the excitement of Gdcs who still believe in Father Christmas.

Joseanne Fri 19-Aug-22 08:46:44

I hadn't really thought about it, but once September arrives I will be counting the weeks. We were married around Christmas time, and because this year is a special one, it will be an even bigger celebration. The grandchildren make it special too.