Gransnet forums

Chat

Our Phoenix

(66 Posts)
kittylester Fri 19-Aug-22 06:47:44

It is a year today since our lovely, kind and funny Phoenix died. I'm sure lots of you will remember her many irreverent threads.

Sadly, she wasn't a member of GN when she died but had been here from the beginning.

Maw, who is also sadly no longer a member, has been in touch with the lovely person who helped care for and is happy to pass on any messages of remembrance.

Personally, I am going to complain the my ex son in law is still hale and heart despite the spell she wrote.

luluaugust Fri 19-Aug-22 09:03:06

Remembering Phoenix today.

sodapop Fri 19-Aug-22 09:03:41

glammanana

Such a joy to have known this lady GN is a sad place without her x

Can't add anything to that. RIP Phoenix

Purpledaffodil Fri 19-Aug-22 09:07:24

Oh yes the gammon?
Such a sad loss. RIP Phoenix

Saxifrage Fri 19-Aug-22 09:14:26

I think of her often in the morning. Many years ago she started an indelicate thread about bowel problems. From this thread I learned that I have a rectocele and tips to deal with it. Saved me a lot of worry and angst as I realised it was not uncommon and manageable. Thank you Phoenix.

Charleygirl5 Fri 19-Aug-22 09:21:00

She was very brave, especially at the very end of her life. She and I had kept in touch over the years and she along with myself and others, were thrown off GN for a couple of weeks, entering what we called the Doghouse. I do see the others writing on GN which is great.

She was terminally ill at that time so it was not really "in the spirit" of GNHQ to do that but mentally she rose above it. A nicer kinder person one could not "meet". She had been dealt a few rough deals in life = RIP Rachel.

kittylester Fri 19-Aug-22 09:23:00

Good post charley. You said what lots of us think.

Auntieflo Fri 19-Aug-22 09:25:17

RIP Phoenix.
Saxifrage, I do remember the indelicate thread! having had problems myself ?
Her postings brightened up many a day.

Smileless2012 Fri 19-Aug-22 09:32:08

Her sense of humour was a constant source of joy. For you Pheonix flowers.

merlotgran Fri 19-Aug-22 09:47:55

Is it really a year? ?

So many memories of daft, hilarious posts. I remember the two of us ‘sparring’ writing silly poems about plimsolls of all things.

Her spontaneous sense of the ridiculous is sadly missed.

God Bless you, phoenix

Grannybags Fri 19-Aug-22 09:52:45

Can't believe it's a year. I miss her funny threads flowers

I didn't realise Maw had left GN. Sorry to hear that

MiniMoon Fri 19-Aug-22 09:59:35

Dear Phoenix RIP. I do miss reading about the antics of Oliver Sprout that silly cat. ? She brought so much fun to Gransnet. ?

annodomini Fri 19-Aug-22 10:22:10

As long as I have a memory, Phoenix will live in it.

Kalu Fri 19-Aug-22 10:25:55

So many happy memories of Phoenix. Her wacky sense of humour was so uplifting, a caring friend and such a beautiful soul.

You have indeed said what many of us are feeling * Charley* thank you and kitty also for starting this thread to remember our dear friend. Maw will be so sad not being allowed to share her own tribute to Rachel.

Rachel ❤️

Granny23 Fri 19-Aug-22 10:31:36

thanks for the memories Phoenix

Grammaretto Fri 19-Aug-22 10:35:21

I think Maw is posting, possibly under an assumed name.
I rememberPhoenix with affection.

toscalily Fri 19-Aug-22 10:40:57

Lovely memories of Phoenix flowers

Doodle Fri 19-Aug-22 10:42:52

GN is a sadder place without Phoenix. We always knew when a funny thread name appeared that Phoenix would be the instigator. Such wonderful humour. I miss her too a lovely person. Phoenix flowers

I too hadn’t realised Maw wasn’t posting (Hope she still is somehow as we need people like her on GN )

aggie Fri 19-Aug-22 10:43:14

Phoenix was a delight and a one off
I didn’t know Maw wasn’t posting , another one off

LauraNorderr Fri 19-Aug-22 10:47:25

I remember trying to dance wildly to pata pata on that sad day with tears streaming down my face for an inspirational woman I had never met but who had made me smile many times. RIP Phoenix.

Callistemon21 Fri 19-Aug-22 10:49:08

Thank you for starting this thread, kittylester.

It's hard to believe it's a year since phoenix left us.

I can't cook gammon without thinking of her curse, have to try to get the last bit of ointment out of a tube by swinging it round in circles and I remember all her very funny threads, posts and spells.

phoenix - you were a joy, it was a privilege to have 'known' you.

kittylester Fri 19-Aug-22 10:49:50

Maw isn't posting on gn under an assumed name.

Iam64 Fri 19-Aug-22 11:07:01

Phoenix was great fun

Maw - we need posters like maw. Full of positive support for people, huge heart and a different take on lots of things. Come back maw x

Callistemon21 Fri 19-Aug-22 11:10:39

kittylester

Maw isn't posting on gn under an assumed name.

Perhaps she'll come back after she has had a break?

gillgran Fri 19-Aug-22 11:12:13

Thank you kittylester for starting this thread, & it's good to know that Maw is in touch with friends of dear Phoenix. flowers

SueDonim Fri 19-Aug-22 11:35:48

Phoenix. ❤️