Gransnet forums

Chat

Our Phoenix

(66 Posts)
kittylester Fri 19-Aug-22 06:47:44

It is a year today since our lovely, kind and funny Phoenix died. I'm sure lots of you will remember her many irreverent threads.

Sadly, she wasn't a member of GN when she died but had been here from the beginning.

Maw, who is also sadly no longer a member, has been in touch with the lovely person who helped care for and is happy to pass on any messages of remembrance.

Personally, I am going to complain the my ex son in law is still hale and heart despite the spell she wrote.

Hellogirl1 Fri 19-Aug-22 12:47:38

It doesn`t feel like a year, does it? Like Doodle says, a Phoenix post title was instantly recognisable as one of hers. R.I.P.

Curlywhirly Fri 19-Aug-22 13:02:05

Loved Phoenix's sense of humour, especially her thread about cooking the dreaded huge Christmas gammon! She was very talented with words and her posts had me laughing out loud many times. She is so very sadly missed thanks

Millie22 Fri 19-Aug-22 20:30:14

⚘ Rachel ⚘

A very brave lady.

Farzanah Fri 19-Aug-22 20:38:49

She was such fun.

farview Sat 20-Aug-22 09:44:06

Pheonix was a wonderful person..I used to see a new thread and immediately could tell when it was one of hers...she had a pure ,natural joy....RIP Pheonix ?

Baggs Sat 20-Aug-22 09:48:15

farview

Pheonix was a wonderful person..I used to see a new thread and immediately could tell when it was one of hers...she had a pure ,natural joy....RIP Pheonix ?

Yes, you only had to read the thread title to know!

RIP, Phoenix.

silverlining48 Sat 20-Aug-22 11:44:06

She was funny, she was brave, she is missed.

Barmeyoldbat Sat 20-Aug-22 11:47:05

Ah now I know what the other thread was all about.

ixion Sat 20-Aug-22 11:57:49

she had a pure, natural joy.

What a lovely comment Baggs!

Something so lacking these days.

ixion Sat 20-Aug-22 11:59:20

Sorry, should have quoted farview

CraftyGranny Sat 20-Aug-22 14:33:13

RIP Phoenix, sadly missed by so many. flowers

Lucca Sat 20-Aug-22 14:35:49

Grammaretto

I think Maw is posting, possibly under an assumed name.
I rememberPhoenix with affection.

No I don’t think so sadly.

Streaky Sat 20-Aug-22 14:46:25

I don’t post very often but I had to add my contribution to this thread. I think I must have joined just before Phoenix left. I remember so well reading one of her posts about her husband and being in absolute stitches! At a difficult time in my life that was such a tonic. I looked out for more of her posts and was disappointed when there were none. I was angry to hear what happened to her on GN and sad to learn that she had died. I wish I’d been on here earlier to read more of her witty posts.

mrshat Sat 20-Aug-22 20:16:12

Goodness! A year already. A lovely lady, loved and missed by so many. RIP Phoenix/Rachel flowers

ixion Sat 20-Aug-22 20:19:56

May I ask?
Would those to whom Phoenix was special (and have posted to that effect) think this is a good idea, or would it be too impersonal and 'open' for their personal comfort?