Gransnet forums

Chat

Funny grandchildren shares

(31 Posts)
Wyllow3 Sun 25-Sep-22 14:59:35

Smile of the day.

I'm on the bed having a computer chat break in the playroom while DiL and GDG age 6 go out to collect her new bike. 4 year old wants to go with and has minor tantrum as they leave and doesn't stop (a good moan needs an audience).

After a while I get fed up and out pops my own Dad's phrase

"Oh, do put a sock in it!!!!!

Whine immediately stops and 4 year old goes and picks up the lead for the Computer Socket and brings it over.

SueDonim Mon 26-Sep-22 21:44:59

Oh, cats! When our dear little cat died, my oldest GS said he was very sorry that we’d lost her, then followed up with ‘Buried or burnt?’ ?. He was going through a death obsession at the time, and visiting a cemetery was his favourite day out. ?

Children’s minds are just so untrammelled by convention and manners and polite society and I am enjoying these stories very much. I’m still chortling over the pergola, and wondering which flowers will be planted around it. grin

Witzend Tue 27-Sep-22 09:11:21

This was a niece of about 2 1/2, years ago now.
Visiting a step-great grandfather, a jolly old chap who was completely bald, she asked him where his hair had gone.
He said, ‘Where do you think it’s gone?’
Niece put her finger in her mouth, thought a bit, and said, ‘Up to Jesus?’ ?

Wyllow3 Tue 27-Sep-22 09:23:13

So that's where my thinning hair has gone....

Yammy Tue 27-Sep-22 09:55:46

My MIL's second husband died when our DDs were young. He had been lovely with them and the only second daughter had ever known. She knew there was to be a funeral and then piped up "Can you cry for Steps?', I wondered what she meant until she was wracked with sobs and I realised she had thought of him as her step-grandad which she had never called him.

Elusivebutterfly Tue 27-Sep-22 16:35:12

When my DGD was around 5, her uncle showed her a photo, saying "this is my new girlfriend". DGD replied "no it's not - she's too pretty for you!"