Gransnet forums

Chat

Unisex changing rooms

(59 Posts)
HeavenLeigh Mon 26-Sep-22 12:11:57

Would you feel comfortable trying on clothes in a unisex changing room, while I’m quite a confident person and happy in my own skin, I wouldn’t be happy using one, I like to look at myself in all angles to see if things fit and the thought of a man coming in and stripping off few feet from me is a big no no. What do you all think !

Fleurpepper Thu 29-Sep-22 13:37:35

Rosie51

So still potential for a cell phone to take photos or film of a woman or child in a state of undress?

Well yes, and no. Because staff are around and other customers too- so location is important.

Mollygo Thu 29-Sep-22 13:52:11

For those of us concerned with the safety of females -adult or child, then single sex changing is important. It’s quite obvious that not everyone is concerned with that.

MeowWow Thu 29-Sep-22 13:58:52

A definite no from me. I wouldn’t go in a communal changing room either.

Norah Thu 29-Sep-22 14:01:07

Jaxjacky

Another plus of ordering online only.

Indeed. Never leave the comfort of home to shop.

TerriBull Thu 29-Sep-22 14:53:04

I did read somewhere, apropos of Primark making their changing cubicles unisex, one young woman, understandably, furious, when I think I read one or maybe two men barged into her curtained cubicle. As stated above, in this shocking age of up skirting and covert filming we unfortunately live in, I can see problems ahead hmm

Galaxy Thu 29-Sep-22 21:00:03

The rates of sexual assault are higher in mixed sex changing than in single sex. That's the issue.

LadyGracie Thu 29-Sep-22 23:34:08

What about unisex toilets. I recently went to an NT property in South Wales, it was an events day so very busy. The ladies toilets were closed which meant the mens was for everyone. The urinals were barriered off and there were two cubicles, the floor was soaking and the seats drenched and it was disgusting, needless to say I left and won't be returning.

Shelflife Fri 30-Sep-22 00:11:38

It's a NO from me !!