Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 30th September 2022

(79 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 30-Sep-22 05:57:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside at the moment in brackley .
Today , a small local shop to start for basics ,and then get bus to Bicester , return and go to get some Fish & Chips .
I contacted my sugary as to iron tablets using patients access and messaging my Doctor , reply was missing a few days will not hurt as the Iron Infusion I will be having will more than make up for it.
Take Care,
Mick

NannyJan53 Fri 30-Sep-22 08:06:58

Chrissielou wonderful news to read. So happy for your DD and you and your family

NanKate Fri 30-Sep-22 08:08:36

Morning Mick and All.

A misty day here in South Bucks too.

What wonderful news Chrissy ?

Trying to organise flu jab. Got a message from Doctors’ Surgery inviting me to select a date for my jab via my mobile phone. I selected a date and time and so did DH and then I got a message saying the site wasn’t working, phone the surgery !! ☹️☹️ Getting through to our surgery is like phoning the Kremlin, no hope at all.

ginny Fri 30-Sep-22 08:08:49

chrissielou So pleased to hear the good news about your daughter.

monk08 Fri 30-Sep-22 08:09:13

Welcome back NannyJan and belated birthday wishes you've caught me up?

NanKate Fri 30-Sep-22 08:09:32

Welcome home NannyJ

Sar53 Fri 30-Sep-22 08:10:31

Good morning from a very foggy Essex by the sea. Yesterday was lovely and sunny and warm, not today.

I had my flu jab yesterday morning and woke up this morning with a headache, achy joints and a very sore arm. Hopefully tomorrow will be different.

No plans today apart from the usual washing and vacuuming.

I hope all goes well for you and your friend GM.

Enjoy the day whatever you may be doing xx

Marydoll Fri 30-Sep-22 08:11:54

Good morning all from a showery and windy Glasgow.
I'm so pleased to hear that you have had advice from your surgery Mick

GM, I hope all goes well today and that you enjoy your visit with your family.
brook, enjoy your family visit. corner, rest! ?

Today, is our 45th wedding anniversary. Our wedding day was also a Friday, with gale force winds!! An indication of the turbulent years ahead. ?
It's also a poignant day. I was very unwell on the day we married, (no surprise there!), A few weeks later, I was admitted to ICU and DH and my mother were told to expect the worst, but if I did pull through, I wouldn't be strong enough to work or have children.
I certainly proved everyone wrong!! Forty five years of married bliss, a successful career and three children later, my bolshieness has kept me going.
Despite all my complaints on here about Mr MDoll, he has been my rock. ?

I'm sorry to hear that some are feeling under the weather. Yesterday first thing, I got a phone call from the surgery, to say that my blood tests of the day before, showed that my heart is not working properly, and my GP has contacted the cardiologist.
Not the best of news, as there is nothing much more that can be done for my condition. It explains why I have felt so awful recently, so not really a surprise. My GP certainly pulled out all the stops to get a quick result!
I have decided not to tell my children until I see the cardiologist. They have enough stress to cope with in their jobs at the moment. I am also an expert at covering up.

We are off to the old coaching Inn, just around the corner for lunch. I used to meet my friends there often, but haven't been in, since I started shielding. It means I don't need to walk too far, and an added bonus is that there is always someone I know to give DH a break from my endless wittering on. ?

If you are on holiday, enjoy and for those with appointments, I hope all goes smoothly.

PS. Pitt, I first visited Seville as a student. My friend was studying there and I spent Easter with her. I had the most fabulous time, topped by a love letter, which arrived from DH, saying he was missing me.
He has never written one since!! ?

Marydoll Fri 30-Sep-22 08:14:25

Chrissielou, what wonderful news! I shed a tear of joy for you and your family.

Sar53 Fri 30-Sep-22 08:15:04

Chrissielou such wonderful news about your daughter, much love to you both.

I know how relieved I was when my daughter received the news that her cancer hadn't spread.

Grandmabatty Fri 30-Sep-22 08:16:13

Marydoll Happy anniversary to you and MrDoll*. Enjoy your day x

monk08 Fri 30-Sep-22 08:23:38

Happy Anniversary to you both Marydoll enjoy your lunch.

Gingster Fri 30-Sep-22 08:25:23

Chrissielou. - such fantastic news! You were in my thoughts all day yesterday. ?

Gymstagran Fri 30-Sep-22 08:25:42

Good Morning from West Midlands, its grey and damp here. Looking forward to seeing my granddaughters today. Its the eldest's birthday.
Fantastic news for you and your family Chrissielou

GrannyGravy13 Fri 30-Sep-22 08:28:26

Morning all

Back home after a whirlwind five days in Spain visiting our dear friends in their new apartment.

Chrissielou you and your family must be on cloud nine after your DD’s news ??

Busy day here gym first thing then straight to chemist for Covid booster and on Granny duty at one of our sons this evening. Must try to put the washing on sometime ?

grandMattie I hope all goes well with your friend moving in ?

Marydoll (((hugs)))

Enjoy Friday folks ?‍♀️?

farview Fri 30-Sep-22 08:29:45

Chrissielou wonderful news,my eyes filled up...so happy for you all ?

ShazzaKanazza Fri 30-Sep-22 08:30:25

Good Morning Mick and everyone from Menorca. It’s forecast a mixed day of weather today. Not sure what we are doing as regards Mum and Dad. We will go over to their hotel mid morning and go for morning coffee then see from there.
DH and I enjoyed our afternoon visiting Punta Prima and walking over all the rock pools and then over to a gorgeous little rustic bay called Binniacolla (I think) where I enjoyed enjoyed a sangria. We had dinner with them last night. I ordered a sea bass and got a full one. I forget where we are food wise occasionally lol.

Chrissielou that is the most fantastic news about your daughter.

Marydoll happy anniversary to you and your husband. ? I’m sorry you didn’t get good news yesterday.

Pittcity your pictures of Seville are gorgeous.

Love to you all and have a good day sorry there are some of you struggling with illness ??

Urmstongran Fri 30-Sep-22 08:32:26

No Matt.

Good morning everyone from a dry, mild south Manchester. So much news on this thread this morning!

You are such a ‘good egg’ grandMattie. It’s a good thing you’ve set parameters though so everyone knows the script. You may well enjoy the company too yet you’ll have a couple of weeks pre-Christmas to get straight and sort yourself out.

Sorry you’re achey ginny. Keep snuggly till you feel better. I go for mine in the morning. Gulp!

Enjoy your fish supper Mick. That’s now a no-no for me on this low fat (and Orlistat) diet. I have to lose 5% of my total poundage to be given another prescription. Being very aware of what I’m eating has shocked me into realising just how greedy I was before!

We have been asked to do school pick up. Yay! We get to see the Boy Wonder back from his residential school trip - he will be full of it as he is sporty and so enthusiastic about any new experience!
?

Lovely to hear from our ‘holiday girls’. Keep the photos coming please I’m enjoying them. Have a great Friday all who can. x

Wyllow3 Fri 30-Sep-22 08:32:47

Good Morning from an overcast S Yorks.

I know I'm new and don't know folks but - Chrissielou my heart jumped up for you - it takes little imagination to put myself in your place!

I also like to read what everyone is "getting up to". As I have quite bad CFS at the moment its never much here, so a visit to the gym today is much looked forward to. But with all these Zoom classes people are doing, I wondered, mmm it would be good to have a Zoom stitching group to "egg me on".

so best days all with health, de-cluttering, medical matters and family and friend meet-ups.

It did sound a very moving and well done funeral there upthread and..

...anyone want some runner beans from a total glut of them...

GrannySomerset Fri 30-Sep-22 08:33:52

Great news, Chrissie and happy anniversary, Mr and Mrs Marydoll. We see life in all its joys and anxieties on this thread.

Hearing aid check and supermarket the highlight of the day and a very limited amount of news coverage. It is all too much and I realise that economists disagree over the right way forward so confusion reigns. Weather forecasts suggests heavy rain later and tomorrow, sorely needed but will it just run off the very dry ground?

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 30-Sep-22 08:34:12

Good morning from a Misty (but sun is shining through) morning in Oxfordshire.
Moving furniture day today, ready for the tradesman coming in on Monday, will tape up kitchen cupboards and drawers to stop dust getting in them and move everything we need into the Dining Room, Conservatory has to be completely emptied
The ironing of the holiday clothes might wait until the work is being done to give me something to do, I then plan to make a start on clearing the accumulated ‘stuff’ from the upstairs rooms, to keep me out of the way of the noise and mess.
Chrissielou excellent news, I know how you are feeling.
Granmattie good luck with your friends arrival today, I hope you both get a good nights sleep.
Marydoll ??Happy Anniversary to you and MrDoll.
Mick pleased that you at least had a chat to someone.

Have a good day everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 30-Sep-22 08:34:32

Good morning all from grey Harrogate
So pleased with your news Chrissielou such a relief.
Good that you’ve sorted your medication out Mick.
Hope all goes well when your friend arrives GrandMattie
Thankfully the doc I saw yesterday saw me as a person with symptoms, and not one symptom at a time With maximum of two to be treated!! Now to wait for my prescriptions to arrive!!
Today we have to see the results of the bathroom designs, then the plumber is coming for something entirely different. Then another bathroom designer is coming. So busy day!!
Have the best day possible folks.

Urmstongran Fri 30-Sep-22 08:36:11

X posts Chrissielou such fantastic news! You and all your family will be on Cloud 9 this weekend! It’s great to hear of success stories about cancer - it gives everybody hope for the future.

harrigran Fri 30-Sep-22 08:38:52

Good morning from a dry NE after overnight fog.
I didn't do much yesterday as my shoulder and arm was sore and painful after my covid vaccination on Wednesday.
Decided to bring my Campanula plant into the porch for the winter so gave the ceramic pot a good clean.
Great news about your DD Chrissielou.
Happy anniversary Marydoll and Mr Md, enjoy your lunch.
Today will be a quiet day so will try and get some cooking done in preparation for the weekend.
GD will be at school tomorrow showing round prospective pupils and their parents and they will arrive here for a late lunch after.

cornergran Fri 30-Sep-22 08:40:59

So pleased for you all chrissielou.

Congratulations to you both marydoll. Enjoy your lunch, well deserved.

Urmstongran Fri 30-Sep-22 08:55:48

Anniversary congratulations Marydoll to you both. Enjoy your lunch. Bet you bump into loads of folk you know!
?