Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 2nd October 2022

(46 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 02-Oct-22 05:54:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry this morning in brackley .
Yesterday , I went direct to Bicester ,as I gather from friends who I normally see when I go via Buckingham , there had been road accidents causing bus delays , anyway we spoke in Bicester .
Today , having brought a half yearly diary so I sort out my medical appointments and booked trips pencilling in and making sure there are no clashes
Today , watch some of the London marathon with cycling in afternoon.
Take Care,
Mick

Auntieflo Sun 02-Oct-22 09:32:12

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. Finally, after 3-4 days, I was beginning to feel better after both Flu and Covid jabs. It really took it out of me, but then I suppose it could have been the other meds I take as well. One of the jabs was in my thigh, as I can have nothing in my left arm.
Yesterday a friend came and brought some plants for the garden, and planted them for me as well. Brilliant. I have sorely neglected the garden and found that we have ground elder massing on one side. So Roundup is needed.
GrandMattie, you are such a good friend to your poorly visitor. No doubt she will recover much more quickly with your care.
I meant to post the other day, to say wonderful news about Chrissielou's daughter.
Also, sorry to hear that Marydoll's health has not been good. But sometimes to hear of her exploits, you would never know it.
Off to Church shortly, Harvest Festival, with donations going to the Food Bank. Then later, a Harvest Lunch.
Have a good day one and all.

Greyduster Sun 02-Oct-22 09:42:12

A late good morning, Michael and all GNs. Wyllow has our weather spot on - sun is shining here. I have been up since seven but DD stayed over last night and no chance to pick up the iPad until now. She has gone home but we had a lovely day yesterday - a walk out to find the History Timeline sculpture on the edge of the village which I had been told about but never seen (I must have walked past it at least four times!), then filling in some forms for a upcoming appointment, we cooked a meat free cannelloni for dinner and then played bananagrams all evening. She loves board games as much as I do.
Today I am going to spend some time trying to finish a painting that has been sitting staring at me for weeks, and do various things with a bag of potatoes that I will have to throw away if they aren’t transformed into something that can go into the freezer! I may also factor in a nap, as I didn't sleep particularly well last night.
Lovely photos everyone.
Have the best day you can, folks.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 02-Oct-22 09:44:00

Good morning all from bright Harrogate
What a dilemma with your friend GrandMattie I hope you are both comfortable
Keeping a diary for your appointments is definitely the way to go Mick
Amaiming at church today. Yesterday I painted four doors in the kitchen, but the paint is still tacky! If I could have found the receipt I would have taken it straight back. DH (who never does the painting) insists Homebase paints are as good as Dulux. I did point out I am allergic to the fumes from paints other than Crown or Dulux. Probably why I have been on paracetamol since!! And I have a bit more to paint!!
With that moan over!!
Have the best day possible folks

Nannagarra Sun 02-Oct-22 09:49:18

Good morning from sunny Sefton.
Preparing for new flooring in downstairs cloakroom before which decorating has to take place. I chose a richly colourful, dramatic paper, having been inspired by LLFL to move from safe beige, grey or white. DS1 pointed out it’s very N.T. And it is - confirmed by a visit to one of their properties on our return from Lincoln last week. I’m now not sure what to do…it’s so much easier when I do bland!
Family due this afternoon. Food already prepped so that should be easy.
Will catch up with your busyness later.
?

Taichinan Sun 02-Oct-22 09:51:47

Good morning all, and a happy 10th birthday to Iris. It's bright and sunny here on the Angus coast again.
Yesterday I had a lovely time when DD and DGDs came here and we all went out for a meal. Dancing GD had driven them here in her little Fiat, then drove us to the restaurant, and then drove them home in the dark. Quite unphased by it all! Her test (her second attempt) is in Dundee at 8.20am on Wednesday - fingers crossed for her!
I had my two jabs last Wednesday and I'm almost afraid to say that I had no side effects other than a vaguely achy 'flu arm'. The nurse (a Jo Brand look-alike!) gave me a good tip - relax the arm being injected completely and just let it dangle by your side. Apparently this protects the muscle and you have little or no side effects. It worked for me!
Since coming home from Lincoln I just haven't stopped so today I am going to be the perfect #lazygran and do absolutely nothing other than relax with a book. The ironing pile will still be here tomorrow.
Have a good day everyone x

NannyJan53 Sun 02-Oct-22 09:59:21

Good morning from a very bright blue skied Black Country.

MrJ is off on a bike ride, so I have the house to myself!

Still feel a little 'off' after Covid jab on Friday. Planned to go to the gym this morning, put it off till I feel less achey.

We are off out for a meal tonight, as a local pub sent me a voucher code, where you buy one meal get the other free! All to do with it being my birthday recently.

We are off to Swanage later in the week in our caravan, as there is a Blues Festival there. Then we shall clean it on return to storage ready for winter.

Wishing you all a pleasant day.

harrigran Sun 02-Oct-22 10:01:12

Good morning from a sunny NE ?
grandMattie I fear your selfless offer of care for your friend may be more than you bargained for. The powers that be are very good at underplaying the amount of attention required.
Had you not offered, they would have had to find her a convalescent home where she would have remained until she was strong enough to cope.
Yesterday I received a message from DD to say that she had covid, she is alone in her home in Brussels. She does not know where she caught it but she was in the UK last weekend, at a hospital appointment on Monday, travelling by Eurostar on Tuesday and for the last week had builders doing work on her house. Living mid terrace means that all building materials have to be carried through the house which means contact she would not normally have.
GD2 arrived in school uniform after duty at the school open day, she showed prospective pupils around and played the piano in the music department. She played the Moonlight sonata, which she does very well and hopefully will encourage prospective pupils to take piano lessons too.

SIL will visit this afternoon and we will cook dinner together tonight. We are going to have pork medallions in a wholegrain mustard sauce.
Enjoy your Sunday.

luluaugust Sun 02-Oct-22 10:15:56

Good morning all from a grey, miserable W Kent. Off to DS's home today for GD1's birthday, its the nearest Sunday to her actual birthday. Other family should arrive in the afternoon so it will be lovely to see them all.
Happy Birthday Iris.
Your Sunday meal sounds very nice harrigran
Hope everything stays calm grandMattie
Best wishes

Georgesgran Sun 02-Oct-22 10:19:44

Good morning from a glorious Durham - two days in a row now. No real plans for today, but yesterday I noticed a little blister in a corner of the landing ceiling and this morning there is a line of water down the wall, so it looks as if I have a leak somewhere. Can’t do anything about it today, but will phone a local roofing contractor first thing tomorrow.
I seem to have so much going on at the moment, selling a house, trying to complete an HMRC tax return, taking a poorly friend for radio therapy, having DD2’s older dog here and now this. In the past two weeks I’ve had a big job done on my car, the central heating repaired and two new windows fitted. I feel a bit overwhelmed, especially being quite new to having to do it all myself. A right wuss today!
Best wishes to all. X

MawtheMerrier Sun 02-Oct-22 10:30:53

Consider yourself {hugged} Georgesgran - I know the feeling of just one more damn thing all too well. It has had me in tears before now at the most trivial “contretemps”
Have a coffee and a chocolate biscuit (medicinal) and if you can, share the stress with either a good friend or family member.
You do not have to be Superwoman (although it sounds as if you are pretty close already)

SunshineSally Sun 02-Oct-22 10:31:55

Good morning Mick and everyone from a downcast and wet south Hants ☔️

Yesterday was manic and was spent cleaning, looking after and entertaining the grandchildren, dog walking etc and I completely tired myself out! You’d have thought I’d have slept well - but sadly not. I kept thinking I’d forgotten something , but couldn’t, for the life of me, remember what!?‍♀️

Visit to MiL today - Drs are pleased with her progress. She’s now off oxygen therapy, and they have increased her water tablets, rather than having it intravenously. There is a chance she could come home tomorrow if she continues to do well?and I know that FiL is very much hoping this will happen although that will mean they’ll need more support from family i.e. us) to cope with everyday life.

DH is clearing the 3rd bedroom - in readiness for when the plasterer comes on Tuesday. The whole room, including the ceiling needs doing - it’ll look like a cave until it dries. It’s the last room to be decorated! The other bedroom (although decorated) is currently the designated junk room, but hopefully by March it will all be done and we’ll have three usable bedrooms?

Just about to read your posts - once I’ve got myself a coffee! The log burner is already ON and the room feels cosy. I may even fit in 40 winks ?.
Have the best day you can. Thoughts for those with pains and / or worries ??
Hugs and ?? x

hulahoop Sun 02-Oct-22 10:34:57

Good morning from a bright West York's not doing much today apart from a walk sometime ,we did a lot of walking in Berwick last week so I'm not too bothered today . We have are flu jabs tomorrow and I am also having shingles jab .Have a good day everyone .

Kalu Sun 02-Oct-22 10:38:23

Good morning all from Glasgow where a dry day is forecast, no excuse now to do a Waitrose shop and hopefully clean out a few more garden pots. There is more I would like to be doing outdoors but one dry day isn’t enough time to do everything. I don’t like leaving jobs half finished but can only do so much weather permitting. It’s so frustrating.

My worry for you GM is you may have taken on too much as caring/nursing a bilateral amputee is a huge commitment. Hopefully friends of you both offer their help to lighten the load.
Take it easy today Grandmabatty. Housework all done means you can relax, put your feet up and hopefully a snooze to catch up on lost sleep.

Best wishes to all for a good day.

Grandmabatty Sun 02-Oct-22 10:51:45

Thank you Kalu. I've had a walk to Aldi and the cool air has woken me up. I realised three light bulbs had gone in the kitchen but sadly Aldi don't stock any. New neighbours have arrived across the road so that'll be my daytime viewing sorted ?.

Georgesgran Sun 02-Oct-22 11:27:59

Thanks Maw - I've a serious addiction to Tunnock's Caramel Wafers, so I'll take your recommendation on board. Of course, other biscuits are available, but just not as good!

cornergran Sun 02-Oct-22 11:52:01

A late good morning from me.

Home late after Mr C’s echo we were far too late to bed with no rush to get moving today. The walk up a steep hill out of the hospital showed us both how breathless Mr C can get now. He’s finally acknowledged concern. His reality has gone from being able to do most things to reassessing and changing the ‘how’ of it.

I totally understand georgesgran. My stress has been overwhelming trying to sort out one issue after another. It had all subsided yesterday then the flipping dash cam decided not to work so it’s back to the computer for me to try to find an answer. Minor I guess but straws and camels come to mind. Good thought about Tunnocks, I love them and have a stash smile. Enjoy yours.

Take care everyone. Hope Sunday is as you would wish it to be. ,

Mapleleaf Sun 02-Oct-22 11:59:21

Good morning from a still bright but chilly South Yorkshire.

Things never seem to happen singly, do they Georgesgran? Take Maws advice and enjoy a coffee and biscuit. ?

Had my covid jab yesterday and boy, does my shoulder feel sore. I kept waking up whenever I turned over onto it in bed last night, so feel a bit out of sorts with myself today. Oh well, it’ll pass, and the alternative just doesn’t bear thinking about, does it?

I’m ?for your MiL being able to come home tomorrow, SunshineSally.

GM, I hope that you are going to get some support helping your friend - it’s a big commitment you’ve taken on so be sure to look after yourself, too.

Well, I think I’m going to have a take it easy sort of day today.

Take care everyone.

Kalu Sun 02-Oct-22 12:03:30

Sending you a huge box of Tunnock’s Caramel Wafers, (great choice) and plentiful hugs Georgesgran - help yourself whenever needed. x

SunshineSally Sun 02-Oct-22 12:34:50

Thanks Mapleleaf ?

Georgesgran - my favourite too! Have you tried the plain ones (blue and gold wrapper) - they’re the best! ????

Stilllearning Sun 02-Oct-22 12:45:41

Just popped in post church to say Tunnocks Tea Cakes are my favourite! Absolute bliss?