Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 5th October 2022

(48 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 05-Oct-22 05:44:55

Good Morning Everyone ,
With a dark and dry start here in brackley this morning.
Autumn seems to be slowly emerging with leaves beginning to fall.
Today , maybe a trip on the bus to Bicester , as I am starting to feel more confident in how far I can walk without having a sit down.
I do not get out of breath either , proves medication is working ,and also the added bonus from the Endoscopy is I do not burp or have hiccups , only odd burp if I have eaten .
Take Care,
Mick

Gingster Wed 05-Oct-22 08:23:04

Good morning all and it’s grey and a bit breezy here in Essex.

We had a good journey home and arrived only to discover we had left a Hold-all full of our clothes behind! ?‍♀️. I left it in the spare bedroom for Dh to bring down but somehow it didn’t happen. Never mind ! We’ll be going back in a couple of weeks ?.

I went to my Bridge club and Dh planted up the winter bulbs and pansies - I have a few more to do today while Dh goes fishing. It looks like rain but GG says none forecast !

Dd will pop in for a coffee after school drop off and we’ll walk up to town to see what the market has on offer. She’s feeling so much better after the steroids but has another infusion next week so we’ll see how she is after that.

Ash sorry to hear about your dear friend. She sounded like a wonderful lady ?.

GM try to take things easy. Look after yourself too! ?.

Trouble free journeys for all returning and welcome home. ?

Sar53 Wed 05-Oct-22 08:48:43

Good morning from Essex by the sea where the sun is trying to break through.

We have decided to go away for C.......... this year so I will be booking the hotel this morning. We have been there before so we know what to expect. Everywhere is booking up very quickly.

I also have an Excel document to prepare for DH for a dinner he is arranging for Saturday evening.

Have a pleasant Wednesday everyone xx

GrannyGravy13 Wed 05-Oct-22 08:54:00

Sar53 I am slightly envious of you going away for C*****mas, I had a a bright idea back in August to put an open invite on our family WhatsApp for C*****mas lunch here, they all said yes please. So it’s twenty folks for lunch and a full house for sleepovers ????

Jaxjacky Wed 05-Oct-22 08:56:02

Good morning from a blustery S Hants. Sad new Ash?
Lovely sunny pictures pittcity and Shazza enjoy your last hours of your holidays.
We had a great quiz evening last night, as DD for the last few I’m going to ask MrJ to drive next time, perhaps a glass of wine will ease the cogs in my brain.
Don’t forget to ‘gate keep’ for yourself too gMattie.
A friend here for lunch, then sorting out the chutney made yesterday is my day.
Enjoy your day ??

EkwaNimitee Wed 05-Oct-22 09:02:05

Good morning Mick and everyone from a dark and very rainy Carlisle.
Feeling fine yesterday I went to the garden centre for bits and bobs and, although I knew I shouldn't go and look at the plants, I did. The result being that I came away with three! There's certainly room for them still but goodness knows when they will go in when it keeps raining.
I'm not up to it today anyway, my bug has made a resurgence so I think I'll reach for a new book and take it easy.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Ashcombe, that was a shock for you.

I hope everyone has the best possible day.

Taichinan Wed 05-Oct-22 09:02:25

Good morning all. It's grey, damp but brightish on the Angus coast and doesn't feel that cold because there's no wind - at the moment!
So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Ash. Losing people is, I think, the saddest part of old age. We were a group of six friends but there are only two of us left now. It does give pause for thought if you let it.
Sorry you're feeling a bit gloomy, Grandmabatty. I felt very 'down' yesterday too and wrote it all down in a post on here - which the universe decided to lose for me! The strange thing was that having written down how I felt, the 'downs' disappeared with the lost post!
I too have been enjoying the lovely holiday pics. Safe travels home people - how can you bear to leave!
Your little 7yo caveman gave me a chuckle, Grannygravy. I hope he manages a good roll in the mud during his pre-school sports - to add authenticity you understand ?!
Nothing much on here today except to reach the end of yesterday's ironing. That was curtailed by the arrival of a beautiful bunch of flowers from DS1 (he's notorious for late birthday wishes - though he did phone on the day to say he'd forgotten!). I also need to go down to the town and get some tea, coffee and biscuits etc for tai chi tomorrow - the class has decided that it's time to reinstate a coffee break, which we always had pre-covid.
Now off I go for a second cup of coffee while the shower room heats up with my daily one hour blast of the heating. Gave a good day all x

Urmstongran Wed 05-Oct-22 09:21:08

Here’s Matt.

A soggy good morning everyone from south Manchester. I have no calls on my time today and nothing planned. It’s quiet here as no trains are running today owing to the rail strike.

I screenshot a load of photos on my iPad last night from my cache of over 4,000 - digital ones cost nothing ha! Remember the days when we’d take a roll of Kodak into Boots to be developed? Then get them back and after paying for the ones with no heads, or blurred we would end up with half a dozen decent ones! I will go down into Boots later and print off all the ones I’ve chosen to put a new collage together later.

Taichinan Wed 05-Oct-22 09:27:04

Grannygravy, what a wonderful Christmas (there! I've said it!) you're all going to have!
And I forgot to wish baubles a good first day back at work.
Mick it's good to hear you chirpier - just make sure you stay well for those appointments next week.

hulahoop Wed 05-Oct-22 09:28:37

Good morning from West York's it horrible out very windy and heavy rain ,it's our day for picking up Gc so hoping it dries up a bit. I have massive bruise on my thigh where I had flu jab discomfort has woke me up every time so very tired this morning ,Gmattie you will have to have a Rota so you don't get over tired.Have a good day all.

Georgesgran Wed 05-Oct-22 09:37:08

Good morning from Durham where it has rained solidly for the past 12 hours. It was remiss of me not to inform the good wishers on GN that the leak is fixed! The plumber was unable to pinpoint it, but felt water was somehow seeping from a bend in a copper pipe. The whole length was renewed and everything seems OK now.
I’m meeting a friend for coffee this morning after she has her pneumonia job. I ventured on the website to look for a walk-in centre for a Covid booster and was directed to Bradford, Leeds or Kendall! There doesn’t appear to be anywhere in county Durham itself.
Mick I can only echo what Marydoll says – it would be tragic if you ‘fell at the final hurdle’ prior to your important appointments, through your own actions. Please be careful.
My very best wishes go to those dealing with their own illnesses or the illnesses of their loved ones - it’s not easy. X

GrannyGravy13 Wed 05-Oct-22 09:37:13

Sorry Ashcombe I have just reread your post, sending condolences to you ?

luluaugust Wed 05-Oct-22 09:38:53

Good morning from a sunny W Kent. Taking a friend to a large local shopping centre as she has a friend coming to visit and needs M&S to feed her. I expect we shall wander a bit and have a cup of tea. Glad others are having to give a thought to Christmas, it comes regardless of whether we are ready or not.
Take care all.

aggie Wed 05-Oct-22 09:40:00

A soggy good morning to all , from Co Armagh
Ache where I got my jabs yesterday, but not too bad
Club now , I’m going to be late! I’ll catch up later
Hope we are all keeping as good as we can

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 05-Oct-22 09:47:53

Good morning all from wet Harrogate
So sorry about your friend Ashcombe.
Look after yourself GrandMattie or you are no use to your friend!

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 05-Oct-22 09:51:11

Oops that went too quickly! Finger trouble!
Glad you are getting yourself sorted Marydoll. The specs frames sound quite glamorous!
I do envy you holidaymakers getting the sun while we freeze!
Have the best day possible folks

BlueSapphire Wed 05-Oct-22 09:57:13

A later good morning from a bright and sunny ?Northampton. Later this morning as I had a bit of a lie-in after my early morning yesterday.

Had a good day out in the Cotswolds yesterday; nice to have a change and a good look round somewhere else. It wasn't too busy either, but did notice quite a few American tourists. At least it didn't rain! Treated myself to lunch and wine in a pub in Bourton-on-the Water.

Hope to be out to well-being cafe this afternoon, although rain is forecast.

Lots to do before then, so will wish all a.good Wednesday.

hollysteers Wed 05-Oct-22 10:04:08

Good morning Mick and all from Cloudy Chambers northwest coast.
Buddy meeting at music club yesterday and now I am a moderator, politics rear their ugly head, as so and so doesn’t get on with so and so etc.lol..
I tried the TooGoodToGo app, but lost my reservation last minute, will try again. Not sure if it’s worth it from the reviews I have read.
Taking the bus for a change to piano recital in town, then will pick up the red trousers to complete my trouser suit. They only have a 12 and I fear I might need a 14.
My cat is pestering me these days, waking me too early and fussing about, I think I have spoiled her, but she’s worth it.
?*Ashcombe*.

hollysteers Wed 05-Oct-22 10:04:52

Busy meeting ?

Mapleleaf Wed 05-Oct-22 10:24:22

Good morning.

It’s a very wet and dismal morning here in South Yorkshire, but as Wyllow says, it’s worth it to fill the reservoirs, which fell to below 50% capacity in our area during the very hot summer, leading to the hosepipe ban which still remains in place.

Hope the trousers fit Hollysteers - sizings are so variable now, that you might find they are just the right size. If not, perhaps they might be able to order size 14 for you.

Today, some supermarket shopping if the rain eases (if not it can wait until the morning) and some ironing to do. I will prep tonight’s dinner, too, once I decide what it’s going to be. Sometimes, I just don’t know what to do for a change. I’ll mull it over a bit ?.

I’m pleased that you are finding the medication alterations are having a positive effect, Mick.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Ash ?.

Well, take care everyone.

Blossoming Wed 05-Oct-22 10:32:30

Good morning Mick and everyone. A stormy morning in this corner of Lancashire.

I’m feeling better today, Mr. B has done the shopping and I’m putting it away as he has gone for his Covid jab.

Have a good day all, virtual hugs to all in need of some comfort.???

Kalu Wed 05-Oct-22 10:37:30

Good morning all from a dreich Glasgow. Thankful I don’t have to go out today as I got drenched going from the car to my Pilates class yesterday, walking very quickly as running for me is a thing of the past!

All the best for your first day back baubles. I’m sure your co-workers will be delighted to have you back and not allow you to overdo it.
My condolences Ash. Losing a good friend is so hard to accept.
I hope your gloomy feeling has lifted after an early night Grandmabatty. Lucky you going to see James Taylor, I am still a huge fan of his music and he is still very easy on the eye. Swoon.
Hoping the arrival of your beautiful flowers helps to keep the gloomies away Taichinan. I love the picture of the Hares.
Sending lots of love and hugs kitty. Recovery time is frustrating but a must for your return to good health. You will get there. x

Hoping today is a good day for all and a step forward for those, whatever your struggles may be.

Kalu Wed 05-Oct-22 11:05:01

Marydoll. Your purple glasses sound very eye catching? Fabulous, you must wear them at our next coffee catch up.