Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for kindly folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 01-Nov-22 17:01:27

Here we are again
Happy to be together
All good pals
and jolly good company.

WELCOME to you lovely lot.

Grannmarie Tue 01-Nov-22 21:10:53

Doodle 🥰

Jaxjacky Tue 01-Nov-22 21:13:33

A kitchen to provide warmth of heart and solace, thank you soop.
I don’t bake generally, but, here’s a cheesecake I made earlier (ages ago, but it’s the thought that counts!).
Grannmarie I don’t even have Covid as an excuse for my memory mishaps!
Our new microwave is proving a challenge, I nuked my fish tonight, we’ll get there.
x

kittylester Tue 01-Nov-22 21:49:39

Found you!

Not a lot to report here so I'll just sit in that recliner with a glass of fizz and some smoked salmon.

I'll leave a gf chocolate cake with salted caramel butter cream and gold spri kles on the side.

Charleygirl5 Tue 01-Nov-22 22:27:57

I definitely think we need a butler and possibly somebody in the kitchen also because there are so many popping in that keeping on top of the dishes is becoming a bit of a nightmare.

The dishwasher is handy but there is a limit to what one can stack in it and the next one we buy should really be an industrial one.

Blossoming Tue 01-Nov-22 22:38:12

Maybe we could hire a handyman grin

Naughtyneine Wed 02-Nov-22 07:14:06

I've popped some warm croissants and maple pecan Danish pastries on the side for any early visitors.

Grandmabatty Wed 02-Nov-22 08:55:36

Naughty those are my favourite Danish pastries. I'll have a nibble thanks.

soop Wed 02-Nov-22 12:06:17

Wow! What a lovely lot you are. Nothing cheers me more than reading your messages. You are the best tonic in the whole wide world. Thank you.

I've ordered two more rocking chairs. Plenty of blankets to go round. I have a shortlist of possible butlers. Alan is tall, dark and handsome. Barry has a first-class sense of humor. Clive is the strong, silent type. He also makes an excellent brew Any comments? wink

annsixty Wed 02-Nov-22 12:21:13

Just find one who makes delicious cocktails as well Soop.
For those of us who have been down in the dumps, for no obvious reason, a little of what does you good is just the ticket.

kittylester Wed 02-Nov-22 12:38:29

There are quite a few of us now so maybe we need more than one butler.

Naughtyneine Wed 02-Nov-22 12:42:31

Soop we'll leave it to you as to which one looks best topless in a kilt ( ladies you know it makes sense🤣🤣🤣)

Blossoming Wed 02-Nov-22 12:49:37

Brrr, it’s chilly out today, those blankets are going to be well used. I’ve had my porridge and fruit, Mr. B has been shopping so there will be some delicious treats from the bakery for afternoon tea or coffee. I’ll be back, once I have done my cycling and my Gaelic lessons. DuoLingo has given me a useful grounding. Now I’m watching the excellent ‘Speaking Our Language’ programmes recommended to me by Grandmabatty.

They are available on YouTube youtu.be/AxeyZABaHeI

soop Wed 02-Nov-22 13:15:54

grin grin grin So, I may need to hire all three.
Naughtyneine We'll possibly need four. I like your suggestion. As you rightly say, it makes sense.

soop Wed 02-Nov-22 13:19:42

I'm to see GP tomorrow. Bloods and all that jazz. Also, the stoma has developed a grapefruit-size hernia. Extremely common according to NHS Google. I won't be able to put my body through yet more surgery. As it's painless, I'm trusting that it can be left alone. It doesn't trouble me in the least.

Grandmabatty Wed 02-Nov-22 13:25:25

Pouring rain now and the temperature is the dizzy height of 10° so the heating is back on for a while. I've visited mum and my friend and I'm staying home for the rest of the day. Blossoming I don't think it was me who recommended Speaking Out Language but I hope you find it useful. I'm awaiting a delivery of birthday and Christmas presents so I have a good excuse to stay in. Have a good afternoon kitcheners.

ShazzaKanazza Wed 02-Nov-22 13:32:58

Soop my mother in law had a stoma after Guillane Barre syndrome and she lived with a hernia the size of a rugby ball for along time. She even gave it a silly name lol.

soop Wed 02-Nov-22 13:59:53

Shazza That is reassuring. Many thanks. smile

GrannyGravy13 Wed 02-Nov-22 14:22:16

Afternoon dear friends 👋

I ventured out today on my own, first time in over a week, I did know where all the toilets were though, fortunately I managed without.

My successful hoard included Christmas toilet paper, kitchen roll, colour in table cloth and place mates for the GC’s Christmas lunch table (I nearly got three more sets for the adult tables, in fact I might return to get them).

Christmas biscuits are now purchased and put away, and I shall make some mince pies later and freeze raw, so it’s easy to pop them in the oven from December.

I am tired now and resting on my beanbag in the corner of this tranquil and healing kitchen.

See you later folks 🙋‍♀️

Blossoming Wed 02-Nov-22 15:16:04

Sorry Grandmabatty my memory is a wayward beast! I’m fairly sure it was a poster in here. Mr. B has bought a bag of ginger cookies from the bakery, help yourselves along with your beverage of choice.

I hope your GP visit is helpful soop. Well done on your successful shopping haul *GG13, I haven’t even thought about it yet!

gillgran Wed 02-Nov-22 15:22:01

Oh, lovely, a nice friendly new kitchen. Thanks to soop & all the good people in here.
Don't let me choose a beanbag to sit on, you'd definitely need a hoist to get me out! grin.
I'm enjoying all those calorie-free goodies. wink thank you.
I agree that we will need staff to look after us all.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself, had a tooth out yesterday, the second in the past 3 weeks. (both were old, failed, root-canal-fillings). sad This ageing lark is not doing me any favours atm!

Warm wishes to you all. x

brook2704 Wed 02-Nov-22 16:00:23

Oh my goodness I’ve got a lot of catching up to do, it’s an awful wet and windy afternoon here in Inverness so I’m pulling up a chair and will sit in the Kitchen for a while..

brook2704 Wed 02-Nov-22 16:16:11

So very well organised GG13 well done you, I think I remember you said you were having a lot of family round for Christmas so I guess you need to get organised early, impressive though 👏👏

Hope you’re feeling a bit brighter soon Gillgran and hoping there’s nothing to worry about with the hernia Soop

annsixty Wed 02-Nov-22 16:26:52

I hope you are all warm and cozy in the kitchen.
It has been the most awful wet, windy and cold day here, actually for the last few days.
I sometimes moan because I can’t get out but today is not one of those days.
Molly and me have been snuggled up together most of the afternoon.
Sausages , mash and onion gravy here tonight, it is all prepped, just needs cooking later and as it is Wednesday a very welcome G&T before hand.
I like to keep up with the things my H and I did, it gives me a sense of continuity and I enjoy it.
I hope all not so good soon feel better and anyone looking after others see some improvement.

Jaxjacky Wed 02-Nov-22 16:48:28

Pray tell where you got your kitchen and toilet roll from please GG13, I like getting ahead too.
After a worrying few days I had a face to face with a GP at our surgery today, I’m reassured.
It’s windy and we’ve heavy rain incoming, having checked our accrued credit yesterday, we’ve had the heating on for a couple of hours here and there. I do think of those who just can’t afford it.
MrJ is chef tonight, chicken sausages, mash and beans. We’re off to Dorset for a few days tomorrow as it’s our wedding anniversary. Warm clothing will be worn, no cooking involved.
Enjoy your evening all x

soop Wed 02-Nov-22 16:51:31

annsixty A big, warm, comforting hug.

gillgran We'll bags the rockers. Grannygravy must be super fit. The fancy chairs with buttonsand levers for lowering, lifting, reclining are for the tech-savy. Hospital beds can be much the same. I found my legs elevated almost to the point of doubling me head over heels. All that I intended was to sit up straight. hmm

The rain has hammered down. Sweetie Pie (feral cat) has lolled, stretched and banqueted for almost the entire afternoon. Not a meow of thanks. wink

As it's Mr Soop's 82nd birthday tomorrow, we are having a treat after the GP's appointment. There is a lovely restaurant not too far away from the surgery. We are going to have a Scottish breakfast. The following day, we're having a special lunch out with friends. He deserves a lot of spoiling.

Enjoy your evening. I shall return tomorrow afternoon. Your companionship is very much appreciated. smile moon

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion