Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for kindly folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 01-Nov-22 17:01:27

Here we are again
Happy to be together
All good pals
and jolly good company.

WELCOME to you lovely lot.

brook2704 Sun 11-Dec-22 22:18:58

Hellogirl such a sad time, sending much love and support 💐

Blossoming Sun 11-Dec-22 22:26:40

Sending love Hellogirl x

hulahoop Sun 11-Dec-22 22:27:53

Very late today have had a lazy day ,just wanted to say hope your sons news continues to be good Suedomin
Annsixty you can't always stop the tears .Best wishes to all celebrating birthdays.

cornergran Sun 11-Dec-22 23:00:07

Just caught up. It’s been a busy week for us, mostly good, some frustrating but then that’s life.

Sleep well everyone. Love to all especially those with sadness and worry in their hearts.

Grannmarie Sun 11-Dec-22 23:24:40

Hellogirl, thinking of you and yours. flowers

Charleygirl5 Mon 12-Dec-22 08:12:59

soop it is perishingly cold and there is snow lying outside and this is London so heaven knows what the temperature is in your neck of the woods.

Where does Sweetie Pie put all of that food? I would be cheaper to keep but I am not hardy enough to live outdoors, cosy as it may be. She must be starving when visiting for food.
TOYA

Naughtyneine Mon 12-Dec-22 09:07:45

Morning ladies. I've had a big catch up on the weekend in the kitchen. It was my birthday on Friday and it's been a bit if a whirl. DOH took Friday off and we had a lovely lunch at a local tea room .. Then to Honiton and I managed to get my nails done..it took ages as there was a cue and when I finally got it I was worried that DOH would be frozen sitting in the car...I actually ran back to the car ..only to find him toasty warm and just waking up from a lovely hour long snooze. Back to the cottage and the log burner was lit and the ceremonial turning on of the reindeers. I was pinching myself. Our other friend arrived just after 10 from Surrey so we had a drink together and then made our way to bed. Next morning a voice from beside me said.. Just to give you the heads up ..we have snow.... Some very uncatholic words came out of my mouth.. in my defence ...I had only just woken up and I have dreaded snow since being trapped for 16 hours in the car trying to drive DD3 ( who was pregnant) and I home from work. I rallied when I looked out of the window and it all looked so pretty. I made scrambled eggs on sour dough crumpets with smoked salmon for breakfast then we went to Exeter via the garden centre ( to pick up a composter...my present from the Lodger). We had a mooch round the Christmas Market but the cathedral was closed due a Carol concert. It was bitterly cold but no snow there. We headed back before it got dark as I was reading at Mass and afterwards I cooked gammon for dinner whilst the 'boys ' watched the footie ( despite them all saying.. I'm not bothered about watching it but if it's on!!!! they were glued to it).
Sunday was a bit of a lazy start and I had a dilemma to sort....I was due to have a routine mammogram at 1.02pm but also play the elf at the Children's party between 1 and 3. So do I go to the mammogram dressed as an elf or try and get changed in the car afterwards...As the temperature was registering -1. I decided on the former. Now as we are new to this area I don't know my way around the local hospital so had to walk from one end to the other to find the breast unit. Just when I thought it couldn't get much worse.. as I de robed said elf dress I remembered that under my fish net tights I only had on a thong. The nurse and I were in hysterics. I then had to proceed to walk back to find DOH past people who must have thought I'd escaped from one of the wards. ...Oh well...it is our National elf service!!!!

Naughtyneine Mon 12-Dec-22 09:12:41

Here I am....

soop Mon 12-Dec-22 12:03:05

Grannmarie Thank you for your very special post. smile

Urms Ditto smile

Hellogirl Special hugs. xxx

soop Mon 12-Dec-22 12:10:16

Naughtyneine I have enjoyed a welcome chortle, thanks to your antics. grin

It is very likely that we'll all need to move our new kitchen sooner than I imagined.

I shall need to put the finishing touches to it in good time. We'll have a Raeburn. It will warm our kitchen and we can bake cake and have hot drinks at all times, day or night.

Blossoming Mon 12-Dec-22 12:15:41

Haha Neine that is hilarious! Love your elf outfit, you probably made several people’s days walking through the hospital.

It’s -2°C here and very icy outside. No gritting for us as this short road only leads to the river.

muse Mon 12-Dec-22 12:17:59

Good Morning Kitcheners.

😁🤣 Love that Naughtyneine. The children will think you're brilliant. Thong in this weather! Belated birthday wishes for you. Scrambled egg + smoked salmon is my favourite brekkie. I'm a sourdough toast fan but will look out for crumpets.

Ladyleftfieldlover I remember seeing the glass work when you made it. It looks lovely in the wintery surroundings.

Those 3 young ladies bring back my 60's memories Urm Sandy Shaw was my favourite way back then.

Those tears do catch us out ann. Big hug for you.

The rain we had Saturday and into the night, froze the ground to a skating rink so Sunday morning I rang the local hospital to apologise and say I wasn't venturing out to drive or in fact, even walk to the car. Such a sympathetic lady answered. Bless her. She'd had a horrendous journey into work. I have another appointment on 21st for the x ray. My DGD1's 18th birthday 😊
In a way, I was rather thankful as my windscreen cracked on Friday, on the passenger side but it is creeping across. That's booked in for repair tomorrow.

I had a despondent DS on the phone last night. DGD2 hasn't done well with her mocks. She isn't copying with it well. Anger is covering her feelings too. It is so difficult for him. He and his partner have been separated for 12 years now - DGD2 is their only child. He has only limited time with her.

I had a day sewing yesterday and now have my peg weaving and a welsh tapestry to hang on the wall. MrM has found me some distressed brass hooks for my weaving.

Take care everyone.

annsixty Mon 12-Dec-22 12:38:02

Good afternoon everyone.
Thank you all for your understanding about my feelings on Saturday.
I’ll be truthful, it was the football that finished me off, my H was a real sportsman, he played golf, cricket, squash but his real love was football .
He was a lifelong Derby County supporter, he would be horrified at them now.
However I digress, the restaurant we were in has a bar at the other side with about 10 screens showing the match, we couldn’t see but could hear.
When the first penalty was won a huge roar rang out and I could suddenly imagine my H’s excitement and that did it.
I so wished he had been there .
I don’t like to imagine his dismay at being out.
But it was the football that finally cracked me.

soop Mon 12-Dec-22 14:21:03

just popping in to check on our Kitchen status. Not too long to wait for our new gathering place. I shall tackle the ironing and return within an hour or so. Our new kitchen is warming nicely. smile

Hellogirl1 Mon 12-Dec-22 14:43:30

Thanks for all the kind good wishes.
Neine, thank you for making me smile.
The celebrant is coming here on Wednesday afternoon, what sort of refreshments, if any, should I provide?

Charleygirl5 Mon 12-Dec-22 14:56:24

Hellogirl sorry but I am of little help to man or beast. Perhaps as little as possible, tea/coffee and a piece of cake? Under the circumstances, nothing will be expected but the weather is very cold so a hot cup of something would be appreciated.

I agree Naughty you were lucky the men in white coats did not catch up with you.

Jaxjacky Mon 12-Dec-22 15:06:59

I just offered the one for my Mum a hot drink Hellogirl1 when she came to our house.

annsixty Mon 12-Dec-22 15:11:38

Just an offer of a hot drink Hellogirl
They do know what a lot of grief and stress you are all under and probably don’t expect anything.
It is a very sad thing you are doing, I wish you all well.

soop Mon 12-Dec-22 15:26:35

Hellogirl1 A hot drink. Maybe a chocolate biscuit. Something simple will suffice. We will all be thinking of you.

soop Mon 12-Dec-22 15:30:53

A small buggeration to share with you lovely lot. We were informed that the ladies who measure stoma hernias would be visiting Scotland this week. I was told that I would meet them in a hospital near Glasgow. Seems that the weather (possibly) has scuppered their plans. I am now to discuss the hernia over the phone. A tad disappointing, to say the least.

soop Mon 12-Dec-22 16:17:32

The new kichen awaits. We now have extra rocking chairs, beany bags and a number of those chairs that have a gizmo to higher, lower or become "laid back".

soop Mon 12-Dec-22 16:18:48

Warm mince pies and a spicy punch drink awaits you lovely lot

soop Mon 12-Dec-22 16:19:50

Thick Scottish tartan rugs and plumped- up cushions...

soop Mon 12-Dec-22 16:20:42

I am about to lock this door and open up our new gathering place.

soop Mon 12-Dec-22 16:21:20

See you soon, I hope. You haven't far to travel. wink

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion