Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 25th November 2022

(74 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 25-Nov-22 05:48:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark with signs of overnight rain here in brackley this morning.
Today a small local shop to start with , I will then bus to Bicester ,where yesterday I noticed the amount of cars going into a multi storey car park for Bicester Village , obvious looking for Black Friday bargains.
Take Care,
Mick

mrshat Fri 25-Nov-22 17:20:35

All the best for your hip op tomorrow Greyduster. x

Ziplok Fri 25-Nov-22 14:34:27

Good afternoon all.
Late posting today as I’ve been quite busy but back from my travels now. It’s been a lovely day weather wise, so nice to have sunshine and blue sky for a change.
Just wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow Greyduster and look forward to seeing you back amongst us soon.

SunshineSally Fri 25-Nov-22 11:54:16

Such devastating news from Hellogirl 😢

Grammaretto 💐💐

Greyduster - I hope your hip op goes well tomorrow and that you make a good recovery

I hope all those on holiday have a wonderful time - and continue to post photos!😂

Thoughts to those with medical appointments looming. Marydoll Glad it’s nothing sinister and hope your GP/medical team can sort out appointments and results sooner rather than later. The waiting is always the worst part x

Grandmabatty Fri 25-Nov-22 11:45:51

SunshineSally congratulations on the new arrival and I hope you are feeling better.

NannyTuppence Fri 25-Nov-22 11:42:57

A lovely sunny morning down here on the south coast. but there's plenty of water around after heavy rain from yesterday. This afternoon busy helping to set up for our Christmas fair tomorrow in our church hall. hope the sunshine reaches everyone.

gillgran Fri 25-Nov-22 11:42:47

A late Good Morning from a bright, sunny, N., Cambs.,

Congratulations SunshineSally. sunshine.

Thinking of you tomorrow, Greyduster, hope all goes well for you.

Warm thoughts for all, especially those with health problems, themselves & their families.

hulahoop Fri 25-Nov-22 11:30:23

Grey duster good luck for tomorrow.
*Sunshine sally*glad you feeling better and congratulations on the new arrival.
We have Gson today his school is closed for deep cleaning ,following outbreak of scarlet fever .

SunshineSally Fri 25-Nov-22 11:14:22

Thank you all for the love 🥰 It really means a lot x

Blossoming Fri 25-Nov-22 11:02:33

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s a cool, cloudy morning in this corner of Lancashire, and it’s not raining! Not sure how long it will last.

Glad your cold is better LadyLFL, those lectures sound good.

Good that you’ve finally had the gastroscopy results Marydoll but there is no reason why you couldn’t have received them sooner! Even if they were still trying to decide on a diagnosis they could have let you know it wasn’t malignant.

Good luck for tomorrow Greyduster.

Enjoy your holidays Brook and Ginny and safe travels Oops.

Happy Birthday to your DH and DS Gingster, hope your DD is feeling a little better.

Congratulations on your new GD SunshineSally.

Hope all our poorly grans and family members are on the mend. Wishing you all a good day.

Litterpicker Fri 25-Nov-22 10:54:38

Good morning from sunny West Sussex. I woke up during the night feeling very achy (an increasingly common occurrence) 😕. I went downstairs to get a paracetamol and looked out through the patio door to see what the weather was doing. Seeing the twinkle of stars I stepped out in my pj’s and the sky was wondrously clear and starry - I didn’t stay out long in my bare feet but rejoiced to have seen it.

I spent quite a while sorting out a bagful of receipts and filed them tidily into envelopes according to category. I am not very organised with money but I do like to see what I’ve spent it on!

I am helping sort out donated hygiene products later. We will be outside in the organiser’s driveway so I’m glad it’s dry today.

Grammaretto 💐 to you on your sad anniversary. It’s good you will have company.

Hope all goes well tomorrow Greyduster.

Very sad news about Hellogirl’s son.

Congratulations to SunshineSally and glad you are feeling sunnier 🙂

monk08 Fri 25-Nov-22 10:26:01

Welcome back Sunshinesally 👋 and congratulations on the safe arrival of your new grandchild.
Good luck for tomorrow Greyduster

Grammaretto Fri 25-Nov-22 10:17:26

Lovely news Sunshinesallysmile

GrannyGravy13 Fri 25-Nov-22 10:17:21

I read Hellogirls devastating news on soops kitchen

No words could ease the loss of a child (((hugs)))

Urmstongran Fri 25-Nov-22 10:06:15

Oh and good luck tomorrow Greyduster for your hip op. I hope you join in again very soon to tell us how you’re doing. I think there’s a thread somewhere on GN about new hips and knees! All the best for you anyway I hope you get a great result.

Glad to hear you’re enjoying Málaga brook and where are you off to Oops? Tenerife at this time of year must be wonderful ginny!

Urmstongran Fri 25-Nov-22 10:01:03

Congratulations SunshineSally on the safe (and speedy) arrival of your grandchild. 👶

BlueSapphire Fri 25-Nov-22 09:42:38

A later good morning from a bright and sunny 🌞Northampton; decided to have a lie-in after a row of early mornings this week. It is not easy trying to write this with a mug of tea to drink, tablets to take and a cat vying for attention on my lap.

So sorry to read the news from Hellogirl. What a dreadful shock. My deepest condolences.

Had two really enjoyable dance classes yesterday; it was good to be learning new routines after our big performance last Sunday. Not many of us there though; people must have been recovering after Sunday!

A trip to the shops this morning, where I shall have coffee and a snack, and do a top-up shop. No big lunch as I am out tonight for dinner.
Our little close has a neighbours' meal out every Christmas, and tonight is the night. Taxis are booked as well, so no-one has to drive. Really looking forward to it. My first turkey dinner of the season!

Must stir myself and get going. All the best to Greyduster for tomorrow.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 25-Nov-22 09:42:07

Congratulations SunshineSally what lovely news. Sorry you have been feeling out of sorts. I’m sure cuddles etc with your GD will help.

Urmstongran Fri 25-Nov-22 09:24:27

Here’s Matt.

Good I’ve slept in again, made a brew and see there’s already 46 posts to read! (mind you it IS 9am now!)

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where we have a warm sunny start to the day. Lovely. I’ve been watching a council worker in full wet proof and high-viz yellow onesie with a big pack pack battery, leaf blowing the pavements (we are on the main road). It is such a therapeutic pastime to watch and I’d fancy that - and getting paid for it in the sunshine. But only on a nice day like this. The pavement looks pristine now outside the railway station! (Morning amselerin and Waldi 👋).

We are doing school pick up, taking them home to then wait for the Tesco delivery. Daughter will be home by then too so we will loop back home to get ready and then out an hour later to meet friends in a nice pub near the golf course (they are members) and the hospital where she and I used to work and share an office. Are you keeping up at the back as that was quite a convoluted sentence. Never mind if not, I know what’re I’m headed and with whom.

Right, time for more tea and read all your Friday doings!
The sun’s in my eyes but I don’t want to draw the curtain as it’s lovely and it’s warming the room - no heating on yet. I ought to get my sunglasses on ha!

brook2704 Fri 25-Nov-22 09:23:56

Hoping all goes well tomorrow greyduster!
And lovely news from *SunshineSally Congratulations!

baubles Fri 25-Nov-22 09:22:42

Congratulations SSally and I’m glad you are feeling better.

baubles Fri 25-Nov-22 09:21:42

Good morning all from bright South Lanarkshire.

After a very busy day yesterday I’m not doing anything much today especially as I’ve got a horrible cold.

The children thoroughly enjoyed the museum visit yesterday, they’re always enthralled by the Millennium Clock which is two stories high with parts which move as the hour strikes. They are too little to pay attention to what the figures actually are which is good.

Best of luck tomorrow Grey.

Have the best possible day everyone.

dragonfly46 Fri 25-Nov-22 09:20:51

Congratulations SunshineSally

Jaxjacky Fri 25-Nov-22 09:20:32

Good morning from a brightening S Hants, grandchildren here as it’s an inset day.
Best of luck tomorrow GD.
Lovely pictures ginny thank you.
Enjoy your holiday Oops.
Congratulations SS that was quick!
Have your best day all 🦩🦩

GrannySomerset Fri 25-Nov-22 09:18:35

Off to Bath with friends, partly to help the wife buy some trousers. She is showing signs of dementia and it helps her DH to have someone else with her. I need to do a bit of festive shopping too, and we will have lunch out, so a good day I hope.

Slightly better news from Marydoll, sad news from Hellogirl and just about everything in between. This thread certainly captures life in all its ups and downs.

ShazzaKanazza Fri 25-Nov-22 09:15:42

Such lovely news Sunshine Sally and congratulations. Very pleased you are back with us and feeling like your old self. 💐