Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 25th November 2022

(73 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 25-Nov-22 05:48:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark with signs of overnight rain here in brackley this morning.
Today a small local shop to start with , I will then bus to Bicester ,where yesterday I noticed the amount of cars going into a multi storey car park for Bicester Village , obvious looking for Black Friday bargains.
Take Care,
Mick

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 25-Nov-22 05:53:20

Good morning Mick, I haven’t peeked out through the curtains yet, but I can’t hear rain. I expect the car parks will be filling up from now until Christmas.
Busy day today, changing beds, washing, cleaning the hose and cleaning and emptying the fridge.
Holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks.
Have a good day everyone and let’s hope we see some sunshine, I’ll come back later to catch up with everyone.

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 25-Nov-22 05:53:38

House, not hose !

grandMattie Fri 25-Nov-22 05:58:09

Good morning from a dark, clear E Kent. The forecast is for sunshine. I shall try to up my Vit D.
Had a successful appointment with the podiatrist. A charming young man.
Another charming young man served,E hot chocolate at the station, told me the warmest place to sit, and suggested I could read anything on the newsstand without buying it. I had an enjoyable hour with “New Scientist”.
Quiet rest of the day. Made Shakshouka which DL asked for, I had run out of “think”. I have also finished a Joseph for 5he second nativity I’m knitting. Next I shall make myself another jumper. I’m loving the one I made a couple of years ago but only finished a few weeks ago.
I feel very sad for all the difficulties our GMmers and their families are going through. May they be resolved and the pain reduced. Hugs 🫂 and prayers 🙏.
Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

karmalady Fri 25-Nov-22 06:07:36

Good morning, s somerset is set for some sun today, I do hope so

By hook or by crook I will get myself out on my bike, might also pull a few weedlings out

Anything else can wait, this body needs fresh air and whatever sun is offered

Ashcombe Fri 25-Nov-22 06:21:16

Good morning from a clear, fine Torbay with the promise of sunshine!

Thank you for your many supportive comments regarding the plight of DD2 and the cancelled flights to Australia. Having explored the possibility of using alternative airlines, they’ve decided to postpone the trip due to the prohibitive cost of booking at this late stage. (three weeks before the original date) A great disappointment to all concerned on both sides of the world. They’ve been trying to go over there since summer, 2020 but Covid, lockdowns, closed borders and travel restrictions have intervened each time. I've yet to hear when they might rearrange.

My thoughts are with those with worries about their health or that of loved ones. I hope today brings some relief. 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

cornergran Fri 25-Nov-22 06:46:19

Morning Mick, morning All. Looks dry outside, there’s hope our corner of Somerset will see some sunshine later.

Unreasonably pleased to do a grocery shop without getting soaked yesterday. The decorations came down from the loft with our usual system, I drop the storage bags, Mr C misses them. A large bag weeded to go to the charity shop tomorrow along with several items the resident squirrel, aka Mr C, has been persuaded to part with. Will head to the sea front on the bus today. As karmalady says there’s a need for fresh air and movement.

My thoughts are with everyone managing illness or worry about themselves or loved ones.

Hope Friday is kind to us all.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 25-Nov-22 06:49:57

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I am still in bed but won’t race to get up anytime soon. My cold is much improved so OH and I may go out for lunch depending on what his cold is like! I will listen to two V&A lectures on Asian interiors and Australian interiors this morning. I assume that OH will be watching various football matches today! I will be pleased if England and Wales win their matches but I won’t be watching! I’ve still got lemon ice cream to make for Christmas and lists to make. Have a good Friday everyone. Isn’t it Black Friday today? I’ve just remembered that I bought a Black Friday handbag from John Lewis the other day, so must click and collect it. Enjoy today everyone but commiserations to those who will find it difficult.🌹

BlueBalou Fri 25-Nov-22 07:05:17

Good morning everyone, another wet start here in Wiltshire.
Yesterday I dropped my friend at the hospital then met another friend for coffee, it was lovely!
Today it’s a nothing in particular day, just pottering. I must tidy up the utility room, it gets used as a dumping ground, but apart from that and DDog walks I have nothing planned.
The road to the village is being repaired but instead of letting locals through (as we were informed by letter) the workmen were being somewhat belligerent and stopped all traffic. That meant no buses, deliveries etc as it’s the only route. As you can imagine there were reports of frayed tempers yesterday.
Luckily my route yesterday was in the opposite direction.
Hope today goes well for you all x

Susan56 Fri 25-Nov-22 07:18:05

Good morning from Shropshire.

A busy day today.Childcare, school pick up, appointments and collecting items from various shops.So long as H is in a good mood it should be ok🤴🏻🤞🏻

So disappointing for your family Ash.

I hope that gingsters daughter has her medication and is starting to feel better.

Thoughts to all unwell or with worries about family.

Have the best day you can everyone.

Marydoll Fri 25-Nov-22 07:22:16

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, where its only 6°C.
DH is golfing and this is my parish admin day. However I'm going to pass on the admin and have a gentle day.
DH, bless him, has brought me a hot water bottle for my back, unfortunately the Harris tweed cover is soaking wet! 😁
He tries his best! 🥰

Hoping to hear more positive news of Gingster's DD today. 💐

Yesterday's visit to Asda after the doctor's was a nightmare. The usually quiet retail park, was heaving with Christmas shoppers and children, due to the teachers being on strike. To think I once liked children! 😉
Those poor children have lost so much education in the last few years.

An elderly lady nearly took the side off DH's new car, trying to squeeze by him, determined to park in the disabled space, which we had just vacated. She was oblivious to the fact he had his hand fully on the horn and his parking sensors were blaring.
Some people should not be driving!!! She was downright dangerous.

Last night, I received a phone call regarding my biopsy results and I am no further forward.
I had received a phone call at lunchtime from a lady saying I had left a message on her voicemail, but she couldn't help me.
However, she said she would contact someone who could.
It seems I have a hernia and inflamed polyp, (but not malignant, thank goodness) which will probably need to be removed in case of a bleed, but they are not the main cause of my ongoing stomach problems and pain. It could possibly be my heart meds, but my cardiology referral to the research team is taking ages to be actioned. 😌
Therefore, I need to ask my useless GP to re-refer me for further tests, because the original referral was only for a gastroscopy!!!!!!! No joined up thinking here.
I will wait until next week and speak to my rheumatologist for advice, Fridays and Mondays are clinic days, so no point phoning.
What the gastro consultant did say was that I have so many health conditions, it means that making a diagnosis is difficult. Nae luck there, then!
I feel I should apologise for being such a burden on the NHS! 😉

Wishing you all a pleasant day, I will now read go back and read all your posts, to see what you are up to.
Oops, I did spot you are off on your holidays, enjoy!

Kalu Fri 25-Nov-22 07:25:24

Good morning all from Glasgow, still dark but very still and peaceful

Looking forward to GD2 staying at ours tonight. Her overnight bag is packed and mummy will be bringing her down after school was the message she sent me last night and she can’t wait! I have bought some extra crafting bits as she plans to make personal gifts and cards for her two special friends.
Yesterday I finally decided something had to be done with my hair apart from cuts by DH during lockdown and a messy bun style. My hairdresser of many years will work his magic as usual, knows exactly how I like it done and all I have to do is sit there drinking coffee and catch up on gossip.
We have been invited to a family wedding in Bordeaux next June and already I am looking at outfits. It will be lovely to visit Bordeaux again where I was an au pair in 1967. No doubt it will have changed so much since I was last there.

Hoping a good day is ahead for all and kind thoughts to all going through worrying times.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 25-Nov-22 07:26:26

Morning all

It’s damp here in S E Essex, we had the most horrendous rain last night started slowly just after 4pm and by5.45 the road resembled a river (I live in the High Road) traffic slowed to a crawl. So pleased to be indoors all snug and dry.

Gingster has your family dried out yet?

It’s a teacher training day at the 7yr olds school today so he will be with us. He is rather pleased that The Imp (his baby brother) will be in pre-school this morning, meaning he will have our undivided attention until lunchtime.

It’s such a shame that your DD’s cannot be together at Christmas Ashcombe the prices for last minute flights to Australia and New Zealand are sky high this year. I guess so many families have been apart the last few Christmases the demand exceeds availability.

(((Hugs))) to all our Good Morningers in need

Have your best Friday folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

GrannyGravy13 Fri 25-Nov-22 07:29:40

Oh MaryDoll you really are not getting the support needed.

Kalu Fri 25-Nov-22 07:32:18

Results at last Marydoll. So pleased to hear nothing sinister is going on. What a relief for you. Fingers crossed your referral happens soon. 🤞

Greyduster Fri 25-Nov-22 07:36:35

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a cold but very clear South Yorkshire. I will not be able to post tomorrow as I will be having my hip replaced and have an indecently early start to get to the hospital. They want me by 6.30! I hope to rejoin you all as soon as I feel able. Keep my seat warm, please🙂! Today will be a general tidying day and a freezer check to make sure DD doesn’t have too much cooking to do over the next couple of weeks. She will have enough to do I expect.
So…. have the best weekend you can folks.

Kalu Fri 25-Nov-22 07:38:48

Good luck for tomorrow Grey

Grandmadinosaur Fri 25-Nov-22 07:42:50

Good morning all from East Yorkshire. It is dry but quite windy.

Today I am going into town to buy chocolates from a local chocolatier. They are a present for my SIL and are part of the presents I will be sending down to them in the East Midlands with DS at the weekend. I’m also looking for a nice Christmassy duvet set for the back bedroom. We don’t have a lot of places to look although I did notice Primark had a nice selection. I also need to have a phone catch up with my dad.

How disappointing for your DD Ash especially at this late stage.

brook I’m thoroughly enjoying your reports from Spain. I’m with you in spirit! Malaga is a beautiful city as you are discovering.

Also I’m loving hearing about your cruise ginny

Where are you off to on your holiday oops

Have a good day everyone.

dragonfly46 Fri 25-Nov-22 07:45:12

Good morning from a much brighter Leicestershire.
I am sitting in bed watching the dog walkers on the sports field and up the hill.

So sorry to hear of your DD’s disappointment Ash. Does that mean you will see them at Christmas?
Corner your system of getting things from the loft sounds very like mine!
How frustrating for you Marydoll. I hope the doctors can get their act together soon and you feel better.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 25-Nov-22 07:46:49

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow greyduster

Marydoll what can I say. Take care. 💐

I forgot to say thank you to the Yorkshire Grans who commented about a meet in the new year. Saying that any grans of course are most welcome. It looks like it could be a goer so we will get something sorted in the new year.

dragonfly46 Fri 25-Nov-22 07:47:04

Good luck tomorrow Grey.

TopsyIrene06 Fri 25-Nov-22 07:50:07

I will not say "good" morning. I am thinking of Hellogirl and her desperately heartbreaking news that I read on Soop's thread from last night. I cannot imagine the grief she and her family is going through.
Apologies if I am on the wrong thread.

Grandmabatty Fri 25-Nov-22 07:50:27

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 6° and breezy. It looks dry. Marydoll my sympathies. It's ridiculous that you had to wait for results for so long. Ashcombe what a shame for your daughter, having to cancel. Grandmattie your knitting needles must be red hot!
Yesterday I had planned a quiet day and then my aunt turned up. It was lovely to see her and wee blethered for a couple of hours. She and my uncle are heading to Antarctica on Sunday and I won't see them for a few weeks. I had quite a few messages to respond to in the afternoon and I've organised a catch up with other friends, plus getting the washings done and all the windows cleaned. So fairly profitable. I messaged my friend in hospital and she had a better night.
Today I am having both boys overnight to let dd and sil have a night out. I must be cracked. I'm actually quite nervous about it as dgs2 has never spent the night. Anyway hopefully we'll all survive. Have a good day all.

aggie Fri 25-Nov-22 07:53:51

Good Morning from co Armagh , no idea about the weather , Im still abed I need to get a move on , art class this morning
Best wishes for your hip op ttomorrow Grey

Pittcity Fri 25-Nov-22 07:54:03

Good morning from a bright but chilly Colchester. A dry day forecast.
DH is looking forward to the football today.
I am walking into the City centre to Sainsbury's that reopens today after a revamp. It's been closed since August.
Love to all 🦩 x