Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 29th January 2023

(58 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 29-Jan-23 05:58:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in brackley this morning.
I went to Bicester via Buckingham yesterday , saw some friends as well, Buckingham was quite as to the Flea Market very few stalls,and then caught the bus to Bicester , I decided not to have a coffee but do a shop and then get the bus home.
The air was chilly and with my condition not all helpful.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sun 29-Jan-23 09:10:27

* corner*, I’m not offended but I never ever bargain, not even in India!
I suspect this is a game, (I don’t “get” the rules) though what really annoyed me were the conditions.

glammagran Sun 29-Jan-23 09:00:43

My DD seems a bit better now as she did get antibiotics following phone consultation after 4 days with a 40° temperature and flu rendering her incapable of looking after GC. She was supposed to return to work last week following time off after Christmas as DGS was still quite poorly following RSV and had lost a lot of weight. His oxygen saturation was only 83 on admission and he was on oxygen all the time. In their family of 4 there is always someone who is ill with an infection - it seems never ending. I haven’t had full blown flu since 1987.

Hope everyone has the best DH they can.

karmalady Sun 29-Jan-23 08:53:54

Good morning s somerset weather is on the up and I am going to cycle up my first hill since autumn, apprehensive as it takes a lot of push and puff

GM, if you feel like dedicated support, then join us on the buying stress thread in house and home, I started it in 2019 and it is still going strong. Develop a hard heart and a thick skin, chancers will come out of the woodwork and so will the nosey parkers

Have a peaceful and restful sunday, another precious day to embrace

Wyllow3 Sun 29-Jan-23 08:49:22

Good Morning from an overcast but mild S Yorks.

Quakers today, and maybe stay for a discussion afterwards or the gym or straight home - see what energy levels are.

I was pondering on your dilemma grandmattie and definitely speak to the Estate Agent. People often "try it on" with a first offer. Its a difficult market atm as in some areas house prices are dropping up to 15% because they became inflated: it should mean cheaper to purchase too: how much has the subsidence reduced the price, if at all?

Perhaps you can bargain up....

After my last house move, where an initial buyer pulled out after 4 months, (lost £30.000 as had to move quickly),..when I go a-looking in a years time, I'd be as concerned about the solidity of the offer, the buyers situation.

Have best days you can poorlies, and enjoy family and friend visits and outings.

EkwaNimitee Sun 29-Jan-23 08:49:07

Good morning Mick and all from cloudy Carlisle.
Will I or won't I get out to plant my tree? There's a big hole ready and waiting but I suspect rain is on the way. I shall be reading the papers if so.
Yesterday I went into town for a prescription and had a pootle round the shops buying bits and bobs. Not in M&S though...they had new stock in, ghastly prints and colour combos. I wondered what sort of people bought and wore them, not folk I encounter.
Difficult not to get stressed by the house selling/buying process grandMattie so I hope it goes smoothly for you. I lost 20lbs doing it!

Have a pleasant Sunday everyone.

GrannySomerset Sun 29-Jan-23 08:46:14

Grey skies but not nearly so cold which might mean shedding a layer today. Out for lunch so a leisurely start is nice.

Greyduster Sun 29-Jan-23 08:45:09

Sorry pressed too soon.
Alygran safe journey home to the Shire!
Have the best day you can folks.

Greyduster Sun 29-Jan-23 08:43:55

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a brightening South Yorkshire. Watery sunshine at the moment. DS and DiL are coming down for the day and we are trying a new venue for Sunday lunch. Their suggestion - we have passed it several times on walks. I would have liked to have scoped it out first but sans car it’s not been possible. Hopefully, I should be back driving next week. Now that they have finished resurfacing the road, my son in law is coming round to take me out on a trial run. I made some headway with the family photos yesterday. Very nostalgic. I managed a walk down to the supermarket and back in the afternoon and carried a few very light things in a shopping bag.

Pittcity Sun 29-Jan-23 08:35:41

Good morning from a grey but feeling a bit milder Colchester.
DH and DGS1 have left early for a fishing show. I am relaxing in my PJs with a cuppa and will walk into the City centre later for a mooch. DS won't surface until afternoon. He comes home to catch up on lost sleep.
Roast lamb this evening.
Love to all 🦩 x

cornergran Sun 29-Jan-23 08:31:51

Morning Mick, morning All. Looks like another grey, gloomy start and maybe finish for our corner of Somerset.

We quite enjoyed our taxi stint yesterday. Good to be able to chat with our son. He kindly treated us to lunch as a thank you for driving him around. Also saw our granddaughters Mum, a pleasant surprise. A visit to a garden centre before home then it was feet up for the evening.

No idea of the shape of the day today. Mr C is about to bring me tea and toast, haven’t thought any further ahead.

Is that the beginning of a negotiation or a final offer grandmattie? There’s a fine line between negotiating and offending a home owner, especially this early in your marketing process.

Look after yourselves everyone. Hope Sunday is kind to us all.

aggie Sun 29-Jan-23 08:31:20

Good morning from a very dull Co Armagh, visitors still in bed
I’ve stripped my bed and put a wash on
Oops I hear stirrings ,
My lovely cleaner will be here in an hour and we decamp to next door where Daughter and Son in law will be doing pancakes and bacon ,
It will be sad to see my youngest daughter and granddaughter off to fly home this afternoon

kittylester Sun 29-Jan-23 08:30:08

Good morning all. My bit of North Leicestershire is also cloudy.

We had a lovely time yesterday at DD1's celebration/thank you party. All 5 of our children were there, which happens rarely, most of our dgc, lots of DD's friends and work colleagues and the daft dog.

DD2 and family are here and will leave after lunch - roast pork etc.

Have the best day possible.

brook2704 Sun 29-Jan-23 08:29:50

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it looks cloudy and windy, it’s a bit milder though about 8º
That’s so annoying dragonfly, especially as there’s nothing you can do. I hope the delay doesn’t have too many consequences
A quiet day today with just a bit of housework waiting, hopefully I’ll get out into the garden for an hour or so too.
Hope your back eases a bit soon harrigran
Enjoy your lunch bluebalou!
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Grandmabatty Sun 29-Jan-23 08:28:43

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 7° and dry. Low clouds though which forecast rain.
Grandmattie that's very annoying. Selling houses can be a grim business. Dragonfly that's very annoying for you too. BlueBalou and Ladyleftfieldlover enjoy your respective lunches.
Yesterday ended up a very different day from the one I expected! Early on I got a message from dd to say she was being constantly sick and had horrific pain under her ribs and her abdomen. I rushed up to watch the boys while she phoned. Sil came back from work and was really upset to see her. She'd gone upstairs as she didn't want the boys to see her. The upshot was, I took dgs1 to my house and dgs2 went to his other granny. Dd had a consultation in the afternoon and has gallstones and a ruptured eardrum. They are not connected! She has antibiotics for her ear and has to go to her doctor if the gallbladder pain returns. I had been thinking appendicitis which is bad enough. Her and sil popped in on their way home to see dgs1 who had been worried about his mummy. He's been very subdued but brightened up once he'd seen her. So here I am with a tiny dinosaur sitting beside me on the couch. He slept well and is quite happy. I had to cancel my visit to my friend in hospital but I'll catch up with her.
Today I'll take dgs1 home and then potter about. I'm going to make a chicken casserole for dinner in the slow cooker. Have a good day all.

Ali23 Sun 29-Jan-23 08:27:29

Grandmattie, I’m glad you’re getting interest in your house so quickly. I suspect that it’s very unlikely that you would complete before the end of the academic year if you agreed a sale now anyway. Maybe they will increase their cheeky offer and a compromise can be made?

A quiet weekend for us. I made a brooch yesterday and visited my DS. Just tootling along today.
Have a good Sunday everyone.

Grandmadinosaur Sun 29-Jan-23 08:24:20

Belated anniversary wishes to you Sar and Mr. S 💐

Grandmadinosaur Sun 29-Jan-23 08:23:18

Good morning all from Manchester. 👋 to you Urms down the road.

Yesterday we went to Liverpool en route and went in the Beatles museum and then the Liverpool museum.
On arriving here late afternoon we had a nice Italian meal in the evening. We were amazed at trams going past packed like sardines. Our hotel is lovely the only blot being able to hear the drone of the trams going past.
Today we are meeting DIL from the train. Then she and I are going to see the matinee of the Strictly tour. First time for her so she’s very excited. It’s why we couldn’t go home a day early Jaxjacky . Luckily DH can watch football whilst we are there. Not sure how he will get on as his team is the one down the road that are M enemies!
Then home at last.

That’s a bit of a low offer GM I’d stick it out if I was you.

Have a good day everyone.

Alygran Sun 29-Jan-23 08:23:09

Good morning from the High Peak. No idea about the weather as I am still in bed at DD2s.
I had a successful shopping trip yesterday, picking up some tops for next month’s holiday in Central America. Lovely Italian meal locally last night too.
Today it’s DGS’s 14th birthday so we are off to watch him play football then all going to DD1’s for bacon sandwiches and birthday cake. Then I’ll be heading home to North Yorkshire.
Sorry to hear about the miserable offer on your house GM.
Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Sun 29-Jan-23 08:20:01

Good morning from Shropshire.A high of 8 forecast for later.

My X-ray appointment went very smoothly.In and out ten minutes before my appointment time.

The rest of the day didn’t go as planned.H was ill, had been sick several times.DD phoned to ask if we would prefer to go there to look after them.We certainly would.They would normally have cancelled going out but it was a meal arranged by friends to celebrate SIL and his friends birthdays.H was very cuddly and just wanted me to stroke his head.Just had a message and he is fine this morning.

No plans for today as we were meant to still have the children.I think I will change the bedding and try and get ahead ready for a busy week ahead.

I definitely wouldn’t rush to accept that offer grandMattie.Sounds like they are trying it on😡

Enjoy meet ups with family and friends and have the best day you can everyone🦩

Gingster Sun 29-Jan-23 08:18:51

Good morning all and as Sar has mentioned, it’s dull here in Essex.
I’m glad you had a nice anniversary meal. 👍.

GM house selling and buying can be so frustrating! What will be, will be. Try to go with the flow!

Harrigran take it easy with your back today.

Whitewave - a good idea to have a sort out while the ceiling is being done. Therapeutic too!

Today I will pick up Dd and little gd , take her for her swimming lesson and back here for lunch. Twin gs’s aren’t coming but I’ll cook a chicken and a small ham anyway. That will keep Dh and me fed for a few days.

Yesterday I watched the old Anne Frank film (1959) as it was Holocaust Day and lit a candle in remembrance. It still beggars belief what happened ! 🙏

I bought a couple of games at the charity shop yesterday and we’ll play them this afternoon with little gd. Should be fun! 😉.

Enjoy your Sunday !

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 29-Jan-23 08:13:05

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. Church this morning at the smallest church in the Benefice. Such a tiny church where it would be too small to swing a mouse, let alone a cat! Then lunch at our favourite Sunday lunch place. We will take younger son who isn’t going back to London until this evening. He cooked us a delicious lasagne last night. Annoyingly I had another migraine yesterday. Have a good Sunday.

dragonfly46 Sun 29-Jan-23 08:11:44

Good morning from cloudy Leicestershire.

Nothing planned today except to build my terrarium. I now have all the ingredients.

I posted a letter to the Dutch tax authority on 19th December and it has just arrived at the delivery office in Holland. I used tracked and signed for so it should have arrived on 21st December. I shall receive compensation but that is only the cost of postage as it contained important papers.
Its delay could cost us a lot of money in the long run.

Hoping everyone has a good day.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 29-Jan-23 08:09:03

Morning all

No weather forecast as I haven’t left my bed (waiting for a cup of tea from DH)

The GC were very good, they went home well fed and tired, we collapsed for a couple of hours before a joint effort cooking dinner. We didn’t make it to the butchers yesterday so DH is going to pop out to a supermarket and buy a joint of beef for this evening. We are having a day of doing very little, the only thing I would like to achieve is to sort out the drawers in one of my wardrobes.

grandMatte selling/buying a house is such a palaver filled with time wasters and cheeky low offers.

Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday 🙋‍♀️🦩

Urmstongran Sun 29-Jan-23 08:03:09

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s just beginning to get light. A pale grey wash of a sky which makes it look chilly out.

No plans today other than calling in at my stepfather’s with a small bag of groceries from Sainsbury’s that he requested yesterday. He doesn’t plan going anywhere until after his follow up ENT appointment on 6th February. He’s also not had a whisky since NYD. He’s not left the house apart from going out to his bin. He says it’s too cold. Which of course it is. However I hope this is a choice and he’s not losing his confidence.

I will ask Himself to nip downstairs when Sainsbury’s opens at 11am for something for our meal later. I fancy putting a small casserole in the oven when we drive out so that it can cook for a couple of hours on a peep. Maybe beef, onion and carrots in beer.

grandMattie what a rubbish first offer! I’m sure you can do better than that and I’d be very surprised if your estate agent goes for it. Enjoy your lunch BlueBalou! And those bags from the loft will contain many surprises Whitewave. You can pretend it’s Christmas!

Enjoy Sunday all who can. x

Sar53 Sun 29-Jan-23 07:51:24

Good morning from a dry but dull looking Essex by the sea.
We had a lovely meal last night. Thank you for all our anniversary congratulations.
I also had two lovely long chats with 2 of my brothers. We don't talk very often but it was really good to catch up.
Today DH is off to rugby with the boys then it's a small celebration for one of his son in law's birthday.
Have a super Sunday everyone xx