Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 29th January 2023

(57 Posts)
harrigran Sun 29-Jan-23 07:47:09

Good morning from a dry NE where it is 3 degrees.
Sister safely home in Germany but haven't heard from DD who was flying to Orlando from Schipol. It is a long time since she did a long haul business flight.
Yesterday afternoon I bent over and my back went, made for a painful evening with the family.
Sorry to hear that potential buyers are taking the proverbial grandMattie, I thought that might happen.
When we sold our second home the first buyers asked to pay for all the alterations they wanted doing before they moved in, we refused. They would still proceed if we just dropped the price a little oh and by the way we live abroad so it will be the end of the academic year before they could complete. Final message from their solicitor " they are bankrupt, will you still proceed " ? They wasted nine months of DH's final year of his life.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 29-Jan-23 07:12:52

Oh * bluebalou* I meant to say enjoy your lunch🙂

Whitewavemark2 Sun 29-Jan-23 07:11:55

Good morning from the South Downs. +3 rising to +9c today but a dull dry day is forecast.

Had a productive day in the garden yesterday, and will continue today finishing off the weeding and tidying the terraced areas. They Look much better. Next is to start pruning all the climbers.

Only one more day and hopefully the ceiling will be down. I am hoping the replacement won’t be too long and then back to normal. Before they take the ceiling down they are emptying the loft. 45 years worth of mostly rubbish😲. We are going to ask them to bag it and put it into the garden rather than store it, so that we can sift through it and then skip what I hope will be 99% of it. Hope the rain holds off. Still job done for the children when we pop off!

Fish pie for dinner.

Enjoy your day one and all.

BlueBalou Sun 29-Jan-23 06:44:30

Good morning!
A dry start here in Wiltshire, we off out to lunch today 😊 A rare treat for us, and we’re meeting old friends who we haven’t seen for years but kept in touch. I’ve known them for nearly 50 years, my DH for longer.
Yesterday I spent the morning sorting out crafts stuff, I will do more later.
Have a lovely day everyone x

grandMattie Sun 29-Jan-23 06:44:19

Good morning from E Kent. It is still dark and chilly.
I had an uneventful day yesterday except for the second viewing. I was called in the afternoon with an offer £50k below the asking price. But what stuck in my craw was that they don’t want to complete before the end of the academic year.
I haven’t replied yet, wanting to speak to my own man first. He’s not available until Monday. The clients were shown round by his associate.
Church today and sorting out DH’s stuff…. Chicken tagine for dinner.
I hope everyone has a quiet day. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩

Ashcombe Sun 29-Jan-23 06:41:47

Good morning from a chilly Sarthe where the temperature has dipped again to -3. 🥶

Our kitten, named Perdito by DH, continues to thrive. He is very playful besides eating and sleeping well. I’m fearful of falling over him first thing in the morning when his desire for food makes him rub against my legs as I (try to) walk!

No plans for today apart from catching up with phone calls to my DD2 and a friend from school days whose husband has Stage 4 oesophageal cancer, poor man.

Have a blessed Sunday! 🦩🥰✝️💐🦩

Michael12 Sun 29-Jan-23 05:58:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in brackley this morning.
I went to Bicester via Buckingham yesterday , saw some friends as well, Buckingham was quite as to the Flea Market very few stalls,and then caught the bus to Bicester , I decided not to have a coffee but do a shop and then get the bus home.
The air was chilly and with my condition not all helpful.
Take Care,
Mick