Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 29th January 2023

(58 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 29-Jan-23 05:58:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in brackley this morning.
I went to Bicester via Buckingham yesterday , saw some friends as well, Buckingham was quite as to the Flea Market very few stalls,and then caught the bus to Bicester , I decided not to have a coffee but do a shop and then get the bus home.
The air was chilly and with my condition not all helpful.
Take Care,
Mick

glammagran Sun 29-Jan-23 11:03:58

Happy Birthday Yogitree.

Thanks mumofmadboys for your comment a couple of days ago. I can top that temperature though - I reached 41° when I had glandular fever aged 27, the most ill I’ve felt in my life. I was hallucinating, had lumps in my armpits, neck and groins
and viral hepatitis too. Took me 6 months to recover.

Grandmabatty Sun 29-Jan-23 11:06:49

Happy birthday to Yogitree. Have a lovely day.

BlueSapphire Sun 29-Jan-23 11:25:38

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Northampton, 7° outside at the moment. Up late this morning, very unusual for me! No real plans for the day, will catch up on the papers, watch tv, maybe put some washing in the machine.

Took the cats to the vet yesterday for their annual check-up and booster jabs; pleased to say they were well behaved except for a bit of wriggling having their jabs.

Well, what a surprise with the rugby yesterday! Thinking that we stood a very slim chance of winning against our closest rivals, we actually beat Leicester away, 18-19. One point made all the difference in a tough game. I recorded the match, and replayed all the best bits! A nail-biting finish, but we held on, and the Saints go marching on.

Haven't read any postings yet, looking forward to doing that. Wishing all a pleasant Sunday.

hollysteers Sun 29-Jan-23 11:49:19

Good morning Mick and all from Cloudy Chambers northwest coast. I’m still coming out of a recovery position after girls’ night out in the city on Friday. Drinks and dancing the night away. Excellent tonic, but cancelled today’s day trip to the Yorkshire Dales as back playing up.
Tried magnetic eyelashes and they are fab! The black eyeliner is magnetic and the lashes have magnets on them, no glue.

Flying DD sent me photos of the new uniform for her airline, better than I expected and she’s slim which helps, but no hat!
Can’t believe it. A hat finishes off a uniform.
Happy birthday Yogitree and thoughts to all with worries.

ShazzaKanazza Sun 29-Jan-23 11:58:56

Good morning from Hull and it’s beautiful out today.
Late today as we had a lie in and we had a long video message with Son and his wife in China. They are excited and relieved from their baby scan yesterday.
Heading off to Bridlington today to see my uncle and get him some shopping. He’ll be pleased to see DH with me to discuss football and talk about Tottenham’s win yesterday his favourite team. Looking forward to fish and chips before we come home.

Wishing yogitree a happy birthday I love the picture. 🎉

Grandmadinosaur enjoy the strictly performance and spending time with your DIL.

I see there are a lot of family worries on here health wise but also fabulous family and friends gatherings. I could name you all in person. You are all in my thoughts. 💐💐💐

🌻🌻

Susan56 Sun 29-Jan-23 12:39:58

Grandmabatty what a shock your daughter being taken ill so acutely.I hope she is feeling better.Also glammagran, what a time you have had.Our family seems to have somebody unwell all the time too at the moment.I hope your daughter feels better very soon.

Happy birthday yogitree🥳

Gwen my grandson has severe allergies.He has been started on a desensitisation programme.He is only three so maybe it’s easierat his age?He starts with a grain of rice sized product which contains one of his allergens.He was really sick yesterday.My daughter doesn’t know if it was as a result of the tiny piece of food he had or whether he managed to find something he shouldn’t eat.

He is seen at the allergy clinic in their local hospital.It might be worth your daughter asking for a referral.

brook2704 Sun 29-Jan-23 12:51:28

Happy Birthday yogitree enjoy your special day!💐🎉🥂🎂 love the picture!