Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 4th February 2023

(63 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 04-Feb-23 05:44:10

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but a dry start here in brackley this morning .
Today a bus into Bicester browse and shop and have my usual coffee plus snack .
I return home to an afternoon of cycling on TV , before having a Chinese Curry later.
Take Care,
Mick

Wyllow3 Sat 04-Feb-23 08:33:47

Morning from a rather dreary S Yorks

Nice to read above posts, especially Marydoll my that has several bits of cheering news in - yes its nice about the wine, but discovering "the wrong drug" very important.

The chap who did the survey on this house was first rate, every detail was useful. However I've found a difference between mortgage surveys (often whizz in and out) and ones of houses you are buying.

Well done for the garden and painting and sewing plans all. My ambition for today is to get to the gym.

Take care poorlies and enjoy family and friends all.

Greyduster Sat 04-Feb-23 08:35:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a grey but mild South Yorkshire. A better day yesterday. DD took me shopping, did some stuff in the house and then son in law and I went for my second run out in my car. He’s satisfied he can safely leave me to fly solo, as long as I don’t overreach myself (no heading off to Filey for fish and chips then!). My house arrest is finally over!
I have a cake to make today, and a curry for a family lunch tomorrow.
Mary glad to hear they finally have a handle on your condition! Onward and upward!
Have the best day you can folks.

monk08 Sat 04-Feb-23 08:39:14

Good morning all from a dry but dull Black country.
Washing on hoping it will dry outside have managed 3 loads this week outdoors.
Ash I hope you can get your blockage sorted and it doesn't entail to much more work before things move smoothly.
Mary you seem a lot brighter it's good that hopefully your meds will be sorted and your dizziness bouts will cease, and enjoy that glass of white🥂 cheers.
Friends coming over later and we shall go to the club.
Well it's Saturday once again and full English calling so will catch up with everybody's news later.
Enjoy your day and may you all find some ☀️

NannyJan53 Sat 04-Feb-23 08:46:10

Good morning from an overcast Black Country, but fairly mild.

Housework this morning, then pop over to Mums as Brother and Sis in Law will be visiting for lunch. So I will join them for a walk.

Susan I went to pick up MrJ about 6 years ago after a speed awareness course. As they were all leaving, one of the atendee's drove off sharply whilst on his mobile phone shock So much for trying to educate people.

Homemade curry tonight, and watch one of the many films we have recorded and not found time to see.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Jaxjacky Sat 04-Feb-23 08:46:34

Good morning from an overcast S Hampshire, i had an erratic night’s sleep, unlike me.
Unsatisfactory visit by the surveyor gMattie, disconcerting.
I’ll be digging out my leeks later, leek tart for dinner tonight, while I’m in the garden a few bits need chopping back.
MrJ’s wound swab showed the infection is gone, he’ll still have a week or two of nurse visits for dressing changes.
Enjoy all of your adventures today 🦩🦩

Liberty Sat 04-Feb-23 08:54:01

Good morning all and it looks like another ‘nothing’ day in north Suffolk.

We have a dell in the garden made when clay was excavated centuries ago and it is covered in snowdrops and later bluebells,followed by nettles. The snowdrops are almost at their best now and,given there are snowdrop days locally in the next couple of weeks, they are flowering at their usual time.

What is strange is that we have some daffodils in bud as well as hellebores and primroses. However and whenever they flower it is so lovely to see them and,with the lengthening days, feel that spring is just round the corner.

Hope you all have an enjoyable day and those with anxieties and worries have some relief.

Alygran Sat 04-Feb-23 08:55:54

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Cold and grey this morning.
Off to the garden centre to meet my cousin for coffee this morning. I’ve not seen her for a while so a lot to catch up on. Out for supper this evening.
Good news Marydoll. I hope you’ll be home soon.
Happy driving Grey.
Have the best day you can everyone.

ginny Sat 04-Feb-23 09:04:25

Good morning.
Moving day went well for Dd3 yesterday and their new house is lovely.
I actually managed to sleep quite well after a day with smallest DGS.
Not sure what plans are today but I am hoping to finish a painting and make a couple of birth cards .
Pleased to hear Marydoll seems to be getting her treatment sorted out.
Wishing you all a good day.

GrannySomerset Sat 04-Feb-23 09:06:25

Light at the end of the tunnel for Marydoll, what an encouraging post today. Looks as if incarceration will prove worthwhile.

Grey skies this morning. DD andDSiL arriving this evening so need to shop in order to feed and water them suitably. I look forward so much to their visit and am cooking duck for this evening.

Urmstongran Sat 04-Feb-23 09:06:55

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester. It’s dry here and Alexa says 7°C at present with showers later and a high of 10°C. We slept in which was nice. I’ve stripped the bed and the porridge is on the hob.

We are going over to mind L’il Miss in an hour as her mum & dad would like to both watch the Boy Wonder play football this morning. Later, we will be going back there to babysit tonight.

Enjoy Saturday. I’ll catch up reading your posts later! x

Wyllow3 Sat 04-Feb-23 09:08:45

greyduster

..."no heading off to Filey for fish and chips then!"

Oh, don't tempt me. the chips at the far end of the beach (is it Cobble Landing? near the Brigg are second to none.

luluaugust Sat 04-Feb-23 09:11:06

Good morning all from a dull W Kent. We had a happy time with the family last night for GS5's birthday. Fish and chips all round, which was chosen by the birthday boy. Unfortunately aged GD then had a night of indigestion, we can't win anymore!
My DH, DB, and father were all Chartered Surveyors and yes there is a vast difference between what happens for a mortgage survey and a full house survey something most people don't appreciate, one is no substitute for the other.
Very pleased to hear your good news Marydoll, enjoy your wine
Good wishes to all.

Grandmadinosaur Sat 04-Feb-23 09:13:33

Good morning from grey East Yorkshire. Late up and boy I could have stayed there.

Just skimmed threads but glad to see things looking better for MD

Yesterday nothing went to plan with workmen arriving for quotes and meetings for DH. They all got rearranged or at a later time!

Today having an easy day a top up shop and DH watching football later.

Have a good day everyone.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 04-Feb-23 09:14:14

Marydoll

Whitewavemark2

PS I have yet to met a decent surveyor. Money for old rope imo.

My son is a Chartered Surveyor!!!! 😉

😳 oh I’m sure that there are exceptions😄😄😄.

PS glad to hear that things are progressing. Not at all surprised to hear about the over prescribed medication. My mother (d. at 101) also suffered from being overprescribed and once she stopped she never looked back, but had been really poorly before that decision was made.
I’m sure that will be a thing of the past once your DNA can be matched to the necessary drugs.
Ever onwards!

ShazzaKanazza Sat 04-Feb-23 09:23:39

Good Morning Mick and everyone from Hull. As Grandmadinosaur says it’s a grey day.

We were supposed to be up earlier to go to do our big food shop the supermarket gets very busy on a Saturday. We both had a disturbed night so couldn’t drag ourselves up.
Lots to mention on here this morning such interesting reads.
Marydoll 💐 thinking of you.

Just a fairly chilled day today nothing pressing on our time. We’ll take the day as it comes.
Have a good Saturday all and enjoy those grandchildren cuddles, family activities and gardening. 🌻🌻

BlueSapphire Sat 04-Feb-23 09:24:47

Good morning everyone from a cloudy dry Northampton, quite mild out, apparently.

As it's been dry for the last week I am planning on getting the lawn mower out this afternoon and give the back lawn its first cut of the year. It is growing quickly and I daren't leave it any longer. It will be hard work, but needs must. Then next week I can make a start on the spring tidy.

Will read the papers this morning and have a go at the crossword. After my exertions in the garden I shall be ready to sit down and watch the rugby before dinner.

Somehow I managed to come back from the shops yesterday with two new tops and a t-shirt, plus a pair of shoes for my holiday next month - they must have fallen off the rails and into my basket..... There was another top in Next I really liked but not in my size, so I may have a day out to Milton Keynes next week.....

So glad things are being sorted for you Marydoll - enjoy that first glass of white wine!

Wishing all a pleasant weekend.

Nannytopsy Sat 04-Feb-23 09:24:59

I often read but don’t post on here. Just popped in to say what a relief that must be for Marydoll!
My son was involved in the research about drug effectiveness and your DNA.

SunshineSally Sat 04-Feb-23 09:30:44

Good morning Mick and all from south Hants.
Just dipping in quick …. busy day seeing DS2 and family so lots to do beforehand!
Finally picked up my car - thankfully they had discounted the cost by a third but still not much change from £1k. Will take my car today to see if it’s fixed.
Marydoll that’s such good news - cheers 🥂
Gotta dash - enjoy today, make the most of what you’re able to do. Thinking of those that are poorly 🦩🦩🦩
🤗 and 🌻🌻 x

Taichinan Sat 04-Feb-23 09:38:25

Good morning all from a grey south Perthshire from where I am off very shortly to watch DGD3's netball match in Grangemouth. Be still, my beating heart! Apparently her team, from Dunblane, haven't won a match yet, so I am hoping this will be THE one!
Marydoll great news - you're going to feel like a new woman!
I had a lovely lunch out with friends yesterday, but enjoyed a chilli con carne for the last time! It really didn't like me at all!!
Now I must love you all and leave you to turn myself into a keen netball afficionado. Have a good day all x

Greyduster Sat 04-Feb-23 09:40:18

Too true, Wyllow. Some of the freshest fish you’ll ever taste.

aggie Sat 04-Feb-23 09:42:27

Good morning everyone from a dull Co Armagh, we are forecast rain
*GaradMatie This are moving for you , I hope you find an apartment that chimes for you
Lovely to read your post this morning Marydoll here’s to that glass of wine , would white include champagne? 🥂I’m not a drinker 🤣🤣

annsixty Sat 04-Feb-23 09:51:09

Good morning all from Stockport.
Just popped in to wish everyone well and to say my late H was also a Chartered Surveyor, but a different division from the ones who do house surveys.
He was in General Practice, there are many types of surveyors.
It goes without saying my H was an excellent one.😉😇

karmalady Sat 04-Feb-23 10:00:01

Five hours sleep last night. I looked up and saw water marks on my en suite ceiling. I needed to investigate and find a solution.

condensation dripping from an uninsulated long rigid vent from the kitchen. A lot of water and a lot of stripping out. I have worked out a solution and can start when amazon deliver. In the meantime, the area has a big temporary drip tray

Not much doing today, hard to settle

Kalu Sat 04-Feb-23 10:02:03

Good morning from Glasgow where it is dry and milder.

First off, such good news Marydoll. Agus, Slainte Mhath 🥂

An at home day today, foutering and faffing about with more craftwork to finish off. Salmon en croute with roast veg. tonight.

Best wishes to all for a good weekend.

hulahoop Sat 04-Feb-23 10:19:36

Good morning from West York's,there are some very people on here this morning ,we have no plans for today.Marydoll you must be feeling very hopeful for the future.Have a good day all.