Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 5th February 2023

(59 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 05-Feb-23 05:54:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry and cold outside this morning in brackley .
Today ,apart from watching cycling on TV this afternoon a quiet day in .
I have received a letter from hospital yesterday which throws confusion ,having had one as a phone conversation pre op assessment, this states aa outpatients appointment at the JR in the week I thought I would be operated on , changes?
Take Care,
Mick

hollysteers Sun 05-Feb-23 11:10:35

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside northwest coast.
My DD leaves today for the south after her short helpful visit and I might have a walk in the sand dunes.
Last night she met up with old friends and I watched House of Gucci on my new large screen tv. Bit slow but very interesting real life story.
I can feel a swelling under the troublesome tooth but still taking the antibiotics.
Tonight I’m aiming to go to our local folk club and sing for the first time.
What a mess Mick, very confusing.
Thoughts to all with worries.
Pen and ink.

Blossoming Sun 05-Feb-23 10:30:57

Good morning all from sunny Lancashire. There’s a touch of frost, currently 2°C.

No plans for today, hoping there’s no ice about so I can enjoy my daily walk later.

Enjoy Sunday all, may you find a little happiness today 🦩🦩

Kalu Sun 05-Feb-23 10:15:38

Good morning from Glasgow, a frosty start but the sun is shining, no wind and dry.

Lovely to see you here this morning absent. Strange the things we remember but you were the first person to reply to my first post, testing the water on GN, many years ago before you left the UK. I do hope you haven’t suffered any during the flooding in NZ.
So pleased to hear you are home Marydoll

A drive to the coast today will include a short walk on the beach for some sea air and if not too chilly, enjoy a bit of a picnic with a sea view.

Best wishes to all for a good day.

aggie Sun 05-Feb-23 10:01:52

Good morning from a frosty bright Co Armagh
Loved Matt today Urms
Glad your home Marydoll , see you achieved your exit in your inimitable style 🤣🤣
My lovely Latvian friend is working her way through the mess I create between her visits , we had a long chat on the advantages of children brought up speaking several languages . I really felt the poorer just speaking one

hulahoop Sun 05-Feb-23 09:55:39

Good morning from a bright West York's,no cooking for me today we are going to Dds don't know what's on the menu .Good to see you are home Marydoll take it easy.Some lovely meals being cooked today.

Grandmadinosaur Sun 05-Feb-23 09:52:26

Just read your post above mine Grandmabatty my mind boggles not having read earlier ones 🤣

Grandmadinosaur Sun 05-Feb-23 09:51:18

Good morning all from East Yorkshire. It’s a beautifully sunny one.

Late checking in today. Just had bacon and egg and am clearing away before my shopping order arrives. He’s got 10 minutes left on the allotted slot.

Out for lunch with the family later which we are looking forward to.

Not read the threads yet. Will catch up later.

Enjoy your Sundays.

Grandmabatty Sun 05-Feb-23 09:48:12

Ash and Marydoll you can imagine how I felt when, in the dark, I put my hand on cold, damp lumps that looked like you know what!! I had to laugh (with relief).

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 05-Feb-23 09:44:00

Good morning all from bright and dry Harrogate.
Hope you get your appointments sorted or mick
Gosh you are busy GrandMattie my most unfavourite job - paperwork.
Hope you are feeling the benefits of your hospital stay Marydoll
Today I shall go to church, it’s the turn of scouts and guides this morning- always good to see the young folk!
Have the best day possible folks

Georgesgran Sun 05-Feb-23 09:41:06

Good morning from Durham - bright and sunny, although the bird bath was frozen earlier.
Stressed with car problems all week and have almost been under house arrest. Finally bought a new car yesterday and I’m picking it up on Thursday. On Friday afternoon DD2 (supposedly) had appointments in 2 separate hospitals, 9 miles apart within 15 minutes of each other - left hand/right hand! Hope Mick gets some clarification on his.
Pleased MaryD is home and maintains her sense of humour - her DH seems to test it, but I’m sure he’s a keeper!
Best wishes to all. X

Forsythia Sun 05-Feb-23 09:40:28

A bright day here on the south coast with a clear sky but it might be cold out. A late start for us this morning as we overdid it a bit yesterday. Today, more decorating and there’s a beef bourginon bubbling away in the slow cooker for later. Tonight, a cosy night in front of the TV with a few FaceTime calls to family.
Good wishes to MaryDoll, no place like home for recovery.
Have a good day all.

Anniebach Sun 05-Feb-23 09:38:12

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Ziplok Sun 05-Feb-23 09:32:59

Good morning,

It’s a lovely clear day, but very chilly, though the frost has cleared now.

Glad that you are now safely home Marydoll (despite your adventure getting out of the hospital and to your car 😂). Thank goodness they spotted the dangerous choice of drugs for your system and stopped them - just scandalous that it wasn’t monitored properly in the first place though.

Just waiting for the plumber to finish fitting new sink taps in the bathroom - the hot water tap stopped flowing altogether by Friday, and cold water for hand washing isn’t ideal.

Some nice sounding lunches being prepared today. We’ll be having steak and mushroom pie with veg and mash later. There’s a farm shop not too far away and we bought a couple of their pies for the freezer, so it’s one of those we’re having today.

Hope you get your appointment muddle sorted Mick.

Have a good Sunday.

luluaugust Sun 05-Feb-23 09:32:05

Good morning from a sunny W Kent. Delighted to hear you are home Marydoll awards and upwards from here.
Quiet day, chat to DB and a cooked lunch.
Good wishes to all

Alygran Sun 05-Feb-23 09:31:27

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s lovely and sunny but quite cold.
Bed stripped, washing on.
Nothing much else today so I’ll probably take it easy before a busy week ahead.
Good that you are home MD. Hope you sort the hospital confusion Mick.
Enjoy all the lovely food you have planned everyone!

Grandmachrisy47 Sun 05-Feb-23 09:24:59

Marydoll, so pleased you’re home. That you can be so humorous amidst your health problems is a lesson to us all!
Hope everyone has as good a day as possible.

Wyllow3 Sun 05-Feb-23 09:18:46

Good Morning from a sunny but crisp S Yorks.

Very tired, just Quakers today. had a tum panic last night, glad that tests should come up soon in the 2 week system.

Bests days all and thoughts for difficult days. enjoy outings and family.

Mick Hope you get sorted tomorrow and marydoll glad you are sprung and care now seems adequate.

Liberty Sun 05-Feb-23 09:09:40

Good morning from a sunny and mild looking Suffolk.

A different day from the one planned as DS and family won’t be coming today as his partner tested positive for COVID yesterday. I forget it is still very much around although both DH and I had it around Christmas. Luckily like us it seems a mild case she’s got.

So roast chicken etc just for the 2 of us rather than 7. There will be lots of leftovers to freeze for meals later.

I bought some primulas yesterday in very springlike yellows and apricot colours. I do like a big pot by the front door.

Hope a good day is in store for all especially those with I’ll health and/ or worries.

baubles Sun 05-Feb-23 09:08:27

Good morning all from South Lanarkshire where it looks a little brighter than yesterday.

That sounds confusing Mick, I hope you can get clarification from the hospital.

Your cats are adorable Ash.

How lovely to see you here absent, its good to keep up with you on face ache but you have been missed on Gransnet 👋

So pleased to hear that you’re home Marydoll and that you had such a positive outcome from your consultant.

I swear some sort of decluttering bug has swept the town in which my charity shop is located.

We’ve been overwhelmed this week with hundreds of bags of donations which on the one hand is great as we can’t survive without them but on the other hand some people use us instead of going to the tip.
It’s upsetting as we then have to get rid of mountains of unusable stuff.

I’ll go to Mass this morning then meet DH for a light lunch before popping over to see DD and her gang for a couple of hours.

Wishing everyone the best possible day.

Marydoll Sun 05-Feb-23 09:06:26

GBatty, that did make me laugh!

Sar53 Sun 05-Feb-23 09:03:46

Good morning from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea.
A nice evening yesterday at the yacht club, we didn't get to bed til 1'sh.
DH has gone to rugby with his grandsons.
We were due to go to my younger daughter's MIL's funeral tomorrow. My youngest granddaughter now has an ear infection and won't be able to go to school so I will be looking after her whilst DD, SIL and eldest DGD go to the funeral. I will probably stay for a couple of days and come home on Wednesday. The best laid plans ........
Enjoy Sunday everyone xx

Marydoll Sun 05-Feb-23 09:02:08

Good morning all from my own bed, I am so happy to be home.

Mick, I was surprised that you had a telephone pre-op assessment. For any ops I have had previously, it had to be done in hospital out patients, so that various pre-op
tests could be done, including checking weight, BP and testing for MRSA.
I believe that is still the norm here.

Unfortunately, I have had a dreadful night, I'm still quite unwell and the rogue drug will takes ages to get out of my system. However, hopefully onwards and upwards from now on.
The drug should never have been prescribed, totally unsuitable for my condition and was slowing down my heart rate at an alarming rate for over a year.
To make matters worse it was combined with another heart medication, which should never have been prescribed alongside it.
Much longer and the consequences would have been dire.
I read yesterday that a leaked NHS report on the the stated that cardiology waiting lists in Glasgow were dangerously long, forty patients on the list have died in the last year.
I am so blessed, that I was seen so quickly.

I was visited yesterday by Dr Douglas Ross ( aka a George Clooney lookalike consultant), he listened to me and treated me with such respect, explaining that there are still some ongoing problems, which may not be resolved, due to my multiple comorbidities. I can live with that.
The main problem was the systemic failure in the system, however my GP should have monitoring my conditions, which he hadn't done.
I will now be reviewd at the Professors clinic and my GP has been advised to monitor my very high BP. A good result!

The care I received was outstanding (and I have been an inpatient many times), I'm so grateful that the trainee GP had the audacity to phone the professor. The consultant I saw, was highly amused by this.

My exit from the hospital was like a Laurel and Harvey comedy.
The staff insisted I had to make the long journey to the car in a wheelchair. We never made it out of the ward, before a doctor had to come to our rescue.
A cabin bag, a bag of twenty medications, a bunch of flowers and a bag of various items, I had collected made it almost impossible to go anywhere.
The chair got stuck going into the lift, and an elderly lady, complete with stick, took the case from DH and yet another doctor came to a very flustered DHs assistance.
The lady took the case from DH and insisted in pushing it out of the lift.
It went downhill after that! There were renovations going on and despite being familiar with this hospital, we couldn't find the way out, At one point I was trying to push the case in front of me, it went one way and the case went the other. DH, totally unaware of this ( a man on a mission) kept pushing, I was being pulled two ways.
I was laughing hysterically, much to DH's annoyance! It was at this point, he abandoned me in a café and took the bags to the car. He was away for ages, so I started to become anxious. He had got lost again!!!
Police Scotland issued an appeal for the carers of an old biddy abandonded in the atrium of the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital to come and rescue her. 😂

I am desperate to wash my hair and get dressed, but I'm still struggling a bit, so a day in bed I think.
However, there has been a noticeable change, since stopping the drug. DD said that I looked so much better than I had for months.

Thank you for all the lovely sentiments on here, the PMs and texts.
It has given me such a boost. 💐

Have a good day, whatever your plans. To my fellow poorly posters, I hope you have a gentle day.

P,S My darling Dollie is coming to day. Life is indeed good!

Urmstongran Sun 05-Feb-23 08:59:41

I binge watched ‘White Lotus’ BlueSapphire and loved it!

BlueSapphire Sun 05-Feb-23 08:51:39

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny 🌞Northampton. Have just looked up the bus times for my cinema visit today and there is a bus just after 11am - the film has a lunchtime showing. Shall have enough time for a browse around the shops first.

Set to and cut the back grass yesterday; it was hard work, and I had to adjust the mower blades a couple of times. There is an awful lot of work to be done in the garden to get it tidy for spring, which I must try to get done before my holiday next month.

Spent the afternoon/early evening watching Six Nations rugby then had my steak dinner, and caught up with some recorded tv - I watched the first episode of 'The White Lotus', a series I recorded before Christmas.

Wishing all a pleasant Sunday.

brook2704 Sun 05-Feb-23 08:49:13

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s cloudy and dry, hoping there’s no rain today.
Pleased things are sorted now with the soak away Ash and even better that grandmabatty didn’t find a similar problem! 🤣
A catching up on cleaning and housework day today and the usual gardening if I can.
Hoping marydoll is much more settled now, take care
That’s good news your DMiL can get back into her house soon, grammaretto
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐