Gransnet forums

Chat

Princess Lillibet. Your thoughts?

(291 Posts)
Bossyrossy Wed 08-Mar-23 18:34:04

Just that really.

maddyone Wed 08-Mar-23 23:47:21

No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept any present, Emolument, Office or Title of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Congress/gov
Article 1, Section 9, Clause 8 / Constitution Annotated

So what are we to make of this?

Calendargirl Thu 09-Mar-23 07:08:34

maddyone

Thanks Zoe, though not sure what use the titles will be in America.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ maybe?

granjan Thu 09-Mar-23 07:42:41

MawtheMerrier

As Mummy is only a Duchess, will she have to curtsey to Prince Archie and Princess Lillibet? She could do with the practice if that clip of her first attempt to the Queen is anything to go by hmm

I think I read somewhere, that a Duchess is a higher title than Princess.
Something I think Megan couldn’t understand.

MawtheMerrier Thu 09-Mar-23 08:37:23

Sorry Granjan Royalty outranks nobility
These are the titles in descending order, with their male and female forms given.
Royalty:
King/Queen
Prince/Princess

Nobility (also known as Peerage):
Duke/Duchess
Marquess/Marchioness
Earl/Countess
Viscount/Viscountess
Baron/Baroness

halfpint1 Thu 09-Mar-23 08:51:23

For the sake of their children , the controversy it will cause,
I hope they don't use the titles. However I'm sure we will be
subjected to orchestrated slip ups by the parents.

M0nica Thu 09-Mar-23 08:56:04

H&M probably just wanted a reason to refer to their children, ironically, of course, as their 'Little Princess' and 'Prince Charming'

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 09-Mar-23 09:23:32

Apparently they got the name and title of the clergyman who officiated at the christening wrong. He wasn’t the Archbishop who they named, but the Bishop who doesn’t share the name they gave. Delusions of grandeur. And the godfather is a billionaire (of course).

Callistemon21 Thu 09-Mar-23 09:31:30

maddyone

So has she made a princess or not? Has Charles agreed it? I know the children are entitled to use the titles prince and princess now their grandfather is king, but I thought the king would need to agree it. Maybe I’m wrong, I don’t know.

My thought too, perhaps it's automatic and has to be declined as Princess Anne did for her children and the Wessexes decided against it for their two children, although lovely Louise is Lady Louise and her brother is a Viscount.

Callistemon21 Thu 09-Mar-23 09:33:49

They won't be HRH though, will they?

If ever asked to babysit I can't be doing with all that curtseying.

merlotgran Thu 09-Mar-23 09:36:19

MawtheMerrier

Sorry Granjan Royalty outranks nobility
These are the titles in descending order, with their male and female forms given.
Royalty:
King/Queen
Prince/Princess

Nobility (also known as Peerage):
Duke/Duchess
Marquess/Marchioness
Earl/Countess
Viscount/Viscountess
Baron/Baroness

Hopefully they won’t take a leaf out of Andrew’s book who is always banging on about his daughters being blood princesses.

Always makes me think of vampires. 😮

NotSpaghetti Thu 09-Mar-23 09:44:03

Think this is on the website now.

NotSpaghetti Thu 09-Mar-23 09:45:13

The Buckingham Palace one

Harris27 Thu 09-Mar-23 09:49:49

Very hypocritical of Harry I think. Wants his bread buttered on both sides.

Urmstongran Thu 09-Mar-23 09:52:01

Well it’s confirmed by the Palace now so it’s official - Prince Archie and Princess Lillibet.

Rosie51 Thu 09-Mar-23 09:52:07

Yes it is NotSpaghetti, it's been updated, yesterday they were still master and miss. I think that was the point of the announcement, to force the issue.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 09-Mar-23 09:55:40

Harris27

Very hypocritical of Harry I think. Wants his bread buttered on both sides.

It’s always going to fall buttered side down then.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 09-Mar-23 09:56:00

I’m sure you’re right Rosie.

TerriBull Thu 09-Mar-23 10:24:16

I'm glad Archie is also a Prince, because my original thoughts were, suppose he ends up like the son of Katie Price and Peter Andre who conferred the title of Princess on their daughter, but their son, well he's just Junior how unfair is that!sad

I imagine the US will take it all in their stride though, after all they won't be the only child/ren of high profile parents with a title, I'm thinking of Jermaine Jackson whose has a son named Jer Majesty, would that rank above Prince and Princess in La La Land the US I'm wondering?

TerriBull Thu 09-Mar-23 10:24:57

whose who

Sparklefizz Thu 09-Mar-23 10:29:36

They slated the royal family, hated royal duties, hated royal protocol, but they LOVE those titles.

GrammyGrammy Thu 09-Mar-23 10:32:40

Are these children born naturally from Ms Markle's own body? Is Harry the actual father? Proof is required or they are neither royal princes nor are they in the line of succession. I feel lied to and deceived potentially. From a monarchist who would die to defend the crown to walking away from any interest at all unless the truth is shown. Their choice.

karmalady Thu 09-Mar-23 10:35:24

wont be long before those little ones are rolled out as cash cows

Daisymae Thu 09-Mar-23 10:38:10

Sparklefizz

They slated the royal family, hated royal duties, hated royal protocol, but they LOVE those titles.

Exactly. They just can't leave it alone. Anne's children live without the burden of titles, as H & M have decided to ditch the royal life this would have been a great time to ditch the titles for their children too. They are a ridiculous laughing stock.

Casdon Thu 09-Mar-23 10:38:43

TerriBull

I'm glad Archie is also a Prince, because my original thoughts were, suppose he ends up like the son of Katie Price and Peter Andre who conferred the title of Princess on their daughter, but their son, well he's just Junior how unfair is that!sad

I imagine the US will take it all in their stride though, after all they won't be the only child/ren of high profile parents with a title, I'm thinking of Jermaine Jackson whose has a son named Jer Majesty, would that rank above Prince and Princess in La La Land the US I'm wondering?

Maybe, but not as high as Kim Kardashian’s son, who is Saint!

GrammyGrammy Thu 09-Mar-23 10:41:39

maddyone

No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept any present, Emolument, Office or Title of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Congress/gov
Article 1, Section 9, Clause 8 / Constitution Annotated

So what are we to make of this?

That applies to federal employees, not to private citizens.