Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Monday 13 March

(65 Posts)
grandMattie Mon 13-Mar-23 05:27:37

Good morning from a very stormy E Kent. As usual, this is not accompanied by rain. We seem to have a sort of magnetic repulsion to rainā€¦
I had a very quiet day yesterday. Church at 8, then the rest of the day was mine.
I hadnā€™t read Saturdayā€™s paper, then extraordinarily found a whole series of articles that would interest DD, from Bristol zoo, now closed, to perennials to plant in her garden for year round colour.
DD now calls me every Sunday on her way to her town centre church to officiate at the evening service. Poor Iris is to have a load of molars out as they never calcified properly and are crumbling. I think they are removing her matching permanent teeth at the same time, as they are not forming properly either.
My car is being service this morning, the Bishop is coming for a cuppa this afternoon and DD is arriving late this evening.
May you have a quiet, contented day. Carpe diem šŸ¦©šŸ¦©šŸ¦©ā¤ļø

Greenfinch Tue 14-Mar-23 08:12:07

I should transfer your post to todayā€™s thread madeleine. It is more likely to get read there? What is NFI by the way?

madeleine45 Tue 14-Mar-23 06:11:58

my grandson aged 8 has NF1,which is not good news and there is so little I can do to be of any help. As it has never been in our family before have very little knowledge about it and am trying to learn all I can, but so far have not found out anything helpful from my point of view. I enjoyed reading all your posts from yesterday. I too changed my day as it was wild and windy and went down to York to do some shopping . Shopping is not a pleasure for me, only go when I need something but it went quite well and was the best use of the day, so today it is catch up at home. Hope your tuesday goes well

Mollygo Mon 13-Mar-23 17:34:03

A late entry here, but itā€™s been cold, wet and windy on the Lancashire coast today. Nothing much done apart from walking and exercise for the dog because a long drive too and from a snowy wedding at the weekend. left us a bit tired. Good wishes to all.

mrshat Mon 13-Mar-23 17:06:59

A bit late in the day but a Happy Birthday to Maw wine and warm greetings to everyone else. I read posts daily but seldom comment! flowers

Taichinan Mon 13-Mar-23 16:41:32

Nice to see you back Mick. I hope you enjoyed your break - it's always good to get away from the daily grind.

Blossoming Mon 13-Mar-23 16:18:47

Welcome home Mick, I hope you enjoyed your weekend and are not too tired.

Marydoll Mon 13-Mar-23 16:06:35

Glad to hear you are home safely, Mick.

I hope you enjoyed your trip and it wasn't too tiring for you.

micmc47 Mon 13-Mar-23 15:45:35

Good morning folks, hope all is well with you and yours. Sadly, I will be leaving Gransnet for good today. My thanks to the vast majority of you supportive, caring posters, who have certainly helped lift my spirits on those occasions when the Black Dog has been sniffing at my door. Unfortunately, there are a minority here, who for whatever reason, seem to embrace negativity, and to vent their uninformed and often judgemental opinions on those who happen to politely disagree with them. Yes, they are few in number, but are still an influence I can well do without at my time of life and in my state of health. So thanks again.. it's been great knowing you.. well most of you.. and goodbye.

dragonfly46 Mon 13-Mar-23 15:45:01

Pleased to have you back Mick.

Michael12 Mon 13-Mar-23 14:55:01

Good Morning sort of ,
Just returned from Harrogate mixed weather coming down motorway system .
Left the Hotel at around 0945 .
Take Care,
Mick

Katcoffee Mon 13-Mar-23 12:13:14

Good afternoon (just!) from a very windy south coast.
DH went down with covid on Thursday and this is his first day out of bed. Weā€™ve avoiding each other and both wearing masks as I darenā€™t catch it again after suffering from long covid.
Iā€™m also due an echocardiogram Ashcombe but at the end of the month - this is due to finding something on the CT Scan that I had - in order to look at how covid affected my lungs! Round and round we go again!
Today Iā€™m tackling the kitchen cupboards. How many mugs do I actually need I wonder.
Have a good day everyone.

Kalu Mon 13-Mar-23 12:01:35

Good morning from a damp and windy Glasgow, bright and sunny at the moment but rain is forecast.

Woke at 4.30 am, wide awake tossing and turning, no sign of sleep. At this age with no need for an early rise, I go with the flow, made a hot chocolate and read my book until I reached the one eye open stage and fell asleep again after 6.00..
My cousin who is a year younger and more like a sister and myself will be meeting up with mutual friends for coffee this afternoon. The usual banter and sharing our news to look forward to.

Happy birthday MawšŸŽ‚. The sweet phone call from GC is a priceless gift.
Good luck wishes to those with medical procedures ahead. Clinic appointments for DH have become part of our social outing life at present.

Best wishes to all for a good/better day.

bevisp1 Mon 13-Mar-23 11:57:51

A good start for a Monday. At work but a colleagues 30th birthday, so we all contributed to food so a nice buffet to look forward to. Itā€™s very windy down here on the South coast - Portsmouth

Marydoll Mon 13-Mar-23 11:11:37

BlossomingšŸ¤£

I have used 2 teaspoons and a tablespoon. Cleaning out the veg and fruit trolley. blush

GrannySomerset Mon 13-Mar-23 11:07:37

After a run of bad nights I overslept this morning so I have been catching up ever since. A book group this afternoon and a Zoom P CC this evening, so not too demanding a day. Hope today goes well for everyone.

Blossoming Mon 13-Mar-23 10:49:09

Good morning everyone from a damp, grey Preston. Itā€™s been raining on and off and itā€™s much milder at 10Ā°C. I have put some clean clothes away and bunged the towels in the tumble dryer to finish off, they were almost dry from hanging in the warm kitchen overnight. I reckon thatā€™s 3:spoons used so far Marydoll including folding which kills my shoulder. I have now had my shower and am going to read the thread.

Happy Birthday Maw šŸŒ¹

harrigran Mon 13-Mar-23 10:21:58

Very late good morning from the NE where it is dry but very windy and 11 degrees.
I woke at 2.30 and put ear plugs in, woke again at 5am with the wind buffeting the bedroom window then slept until after 9.30 I know I am not going to sleep tonight.
Quiet day yesterday, watched Fall and one or two other programmes before throwing all good intentions out of the window and having pizza for my Sunday dinner šŸ˜³
Happy Birthday Maw, have a good day.

hulahoop Mon 13-Mar-23 10:14:11

Happy birthday Mawsounds like a good time was had.
Good luck to all having tests .I am out for lunch with a friend today and a good catch up.It's very windy here the types of day when you don't know what to wear.

Grandmachrisy47 Mon 13-Mar-23 10:06:07

Morning from a windy, damp Co Durham. Why does it always rain most heavily around school hours? Got soaked on the 12 minute walk with dgd.
Happy Birthday, Maw. Have a lovely day.
Good luck to those with medical appointments and issues today.
Lovely pictures of Newcastle, Georgesgran, with a corner of the Sage creeping in. We do have some beautiful buildings both ancient and modern here in the North East.
Thanks for the picture of Ushaw, Annapops.
Off to start house cleaning before Fridays visitors.

Annapops Mon 13-Mar-23 10:04:35

Good morning from a damp and windy County Durham.
Wishing the birthday girl the happiest of days and yes, just the simplist of things can make us feel full of joy.
So sorry to hear about Iris too*gM*, so hard for her and the family too.
Lovely photos Georgesgran, but it's so sad to see the Tyne Bridge in such a sorry state close up. I was shocked when we drove over it last week to wander around Ouseburn. It is in desperate need of repainting.
Mentioning Ouseburn, what a hidden little gem for anyone who has not explored it. We came upon this weird and wonderful contraption on our walk. Don't think the owners have sailed it for quite a while šŸ˜‰!
Have the best day you can everyone.

Taichinan Mon 13-Mar-23 10:02:56

Good morning everyone from a very wet and breezy Angus coast. Judging by all the posts, it's nationwide. I feel so sorry for my lovely gardener and his wife who have taken a cottage for a week on a lochside near Ballachulish (between Glencoe and Fort William ish). The scenery round there is breathtaking - but not in this weather šŸ˜¢.
Thoughts of those having warm sunny hols in Spain and S Africa!!
Happy Birthday Maw. You sound to have had a lovely celebration so far, with that phone call from the DGC being the icing on the cake. Enjoy the rest of your special day. I remember when mine used to do that, but the mind picture of my long haired and bearded 6ft 5 30 year old grandson doing that now brings a huge grin to my face!!
So sorry to hear that Iris is having to go through more trauma grandmattie - how much more 'bad stuff' can she take. She's a little trouper and I'm glad she will soon have her granny nearby for more support.
Mizuna that sounds like small market garden! No wonder you're itching to get back to it.
Wyllow - feek and weeble is new to me. Love it! I'm assuming it means something like 'washed out'. If so I hope you feel less of it soon.
Nothing to report from here. It's a batten down the hatches sort of day, with a week of the same forecast. Thank goodness for tai chi tomorrow - always cheers me up.
Have the best day you can everyone x

Marydoll Mon 13-Mar-23 09:33:45

Watched church online, though Utube tried very hard to make me watch Riverdance which I would probably have enjoyed!.

Gwen, I have the same problem, but it's the next episode of my Turkish drama, so much more enjoyable! wink

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 13-Mar-23 09:29:55

Good morning all from blustery Harrogate
Poor Iris. She has a lot to contend with GrandMattie
Hope your procedure goes well*Cornergran*.
Good luck with your echo scan Ash
Watched church online, though Utube tried very hard to make me watch Riverdance which I would probably have enjoyed! Found bits in the attic that I have been looking for including a school exercise book of DDs when she was in the same class as DGD. It might give DGD food for thought!
Today is my telephone day, maybe do some cleaning in between calls
Have the best day possible folks

Sar53 Mon 13-Mar-23 09:14:01

Good morning from a very windy Essex by the sea.
Happy Birthday Maw have a lovely day.
DH has just been to see the nurse for his diabetic check, he has to go back this afternoon to see the doctor for the results of his recent blood tests and x-rays.
I have some admin to do and washing and vacuuming, what fun.
Have a marvelous Monday everyone and don't get blown away xxx

Urmstongran Mon 13-Mar-23 09:03:55

No Matt = Monday.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester. It rained hard during the night. Itā€™s just damp out now. Himself goes for his penultimate Vit.B12 injection late morning and I will join him in Starbucks downstairs on his return. We are taking the Boy Wonder and Lā€™il Miss to their swimming lessons and they love it when we arrive at the school gates with 2 warm Greggā€™s sausage rolls for the walk round the corner to their house!

Himself has just made me a second mug of tea and Iā€™m going to read all your posts now. Letā€™s hope Monday is a good day. x