Gransnet forums

Chat

Baggage trackers and lost baggage

(5 Posts)
Oopsadaisy1 Fri 24-Mar-23 12:13:05

Just because your App is telling you where your luggage is doesn’t mean that the Airline will get it to you though, especially if it’s in another country. A lot ‘lost’ luggage ends up in an Auction house somewhere.

nanna8 Fri 24-Mar-23 11:00:46

Thanks for your replies. I think we will look for some before our next trip in May. I no longer have any confidence in the local airlines!

Summerlove Fri 24-Mar-23 10:40:01

We had air tags on our most recent trip. Our luggage all ended up where it was supposed to go, but it gave such peace of mind!

Lizbethann55 Fri 24-Mar-23 10:30:37

I heard something only yesterday about airtags being used to track people as a sort of stalking. But I would have thought provided the app, or whatever it is, is disabled after a flight it would be a good thing. But I don't actually understand it or how it works.

nanna8 Fri 17-Mar-23 10:09:26

Has anyone got any experience of these and are they worth getting ?We have had problems with lost luggage at airports and we have been told the Apple airtag would be best but it doesn’t seem to cover a very wide area. Any suggestions and are they worth the money, they seem to be quite expensive. We have got to the stage where we feel nervous about losing our baggage with Qantas so we now choose not to fly with them but sometimes the competition isn’t much better.