Gransnet forums

Chat

Flowers

(32 Posts)
JaneJudge Sat 18-Mar-23 10:49:06

Tesco were selling some lovely plants and baskets and things all for £10

kittylester Sat 18-Mar-23 10:44:05

Years ago, i made a newsyear's resolution to always have flowers in the hall, if no where else and I like to buy from the florist in the village because I don't want yet another hairdresser or coffee shop opening. But, Waitrose flowers last so much longer that I have a big dilemma.

I've taken to alternating.

farview Sat 18-Mar-23 09:33:43

I only like simple bunches of flowers...i.e tulips..or daffodils..or stocks ...but usually my Children ask me what I would like and I usually ask for bags of compost or a perennial plant...

PerkyPiggy Sat 18-Mar-23 09:23:13

My three children give money to various charities. I asked them to do so years ago and it makes me a lot happier than a bunch of flowers etc.

Georgesgran Sat 18-Mar-23 09:19:58

As my birthday falls a week before Mothers Day, I’ve always told my DDs not to bother with any flowers for Mothers Day - they are and always were a rip off, substantially increased prices for the day and any of my birthday flowers will still be fine. It’s the same around Valentines and I often used to treat myself to fabulous roses, less than half price a couple of days later.
Flowers are nice, but I don’t like my family to pay over the odds.

Redhead56 Sat 18-Mar-23 09:14:10

I buy flowers from Aldi until I can pick from our garden. They never let me down but I buy just before a special day Easter etc as the price goes up.
My daughter spends a fortune buying them on line and as grateful as I am they are a rip off.

glammanana Sat 18-Mar-23 09:04:34

As we all know Mothering Sunday is upon us tomorrow and all us lucky mums will be receiving flowers from our loved ones.

Every week I buy fresh flowers with my shop for the standard bunch I usually buy they cost about £8 from Sainsburys and brighten up my kitchen for 8/10days a treat to myself every week.

This morning my eldest son popped in on his way home off his night shift and brought me the same type of bouquet that I usually buy and the price has rocketed to £20 I was totally shocked at the increase I expected a price rise this week-end but nothing like that sort of price rise .