Gransnet forums

Chat

Mother's Day Greetings!

(7 Posts)
Happygirl79 Sun 19-Mar-23 17:30:03

My lovely daughter and son in law took me out for Mother's day lunch at a very nice restaurant in the village. The food was amazing. My son and soon to be daughter in law gave me a voucher for a spa day. Also beautiful flowers from both of my children. Hand cream , a cookery book and chocolates. I love them all equally and realise how lucky I am to have them in my life. My mum sadly died 10 years ago, but she is always in my thoughts on Mother's day.

Cs783 Sun 19-Mar-23 14:01:02

Judy54 what a kind and generous message. 🌹🌸🌺🌷🌻🌼💐🥀🪷

notgran Sun 19-Mar-23 13:45:35

I had a text and an e-mail plus a couple of lovely pics of us all together. Off tomorrow night for a meal. Had a long chat with Mother-in-law before OH spoke to her. She lives over 200 miles away and we are seeing her in a couple of weeks. She thanked us for the flowers, card, chocs and book we sent and is taking some of the flowers to her parent's grave this afternoon. A quiet but lovely day.

Judy54 Sun 19-Mar-23 13:39:11

Even though I am not a Mother, we attended a lovely Mother's day service at church this morning. We all received flowers which was lovely and touching. Happy Mother's Day to all you fantastic Mum's out there.

icanhandthemback Sun 19-Mar-23 12:34:11

That sounds lovely, Granmarderby10. I used to get homemade bits from the grandkids but as their lives get busier and they grow up, it is less of a thing now.

Granmarderby10 Sun 19-Mar-23 12:07:03

I received a home made card from my second born granddaughter aged 10 and a half, it was lovely with lots of creative little touches and signed by herself and the other two and my daughter😃

icanhandthemback Sun 19-Mar-23 12:00:58

Happy Mother's Day to all of those who are privileged to be a Mother. I have 6 children and stepchildren who all treat the day in different ways. I got a card from my youngest, extremely funny but with thanks to my role as a mother. I got a card from my stepdaughter who thanked me for loving her like a real daughter. I had a tear pricking moment there. My own daughter sent me a WhatsApp picture which just said Happy Mother's Day but no personal message. My stepson sent a message through the family chat wishing us all a Happy Mother's Day. One I won't hear from...that's normal for everything and just the same for his father. We used to hear from him when his wife nudged him but she eventually said it was his responsibility so that was the end of that! My oldest son sent this message, Happy mother's day! I'm not sure we need a dedicated day for you to know how much I love and appreciate you. I am really aware of how lucky I am to have you as a mum and would never want you to think any thing different.
They are all so different but show their personalities off and I feel very blessed.
I'd love to hear others' experiences.