Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 20th March 2023

(68 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 20-Mar-23 04:19:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Up early , still dark travel to Hospital later .
Doing things such as drinking water before operation at the moment.
Take Care,
Mick

brook2704 Mon 20-Mar-23 07:12:14

Georgesgran a sad day ahead, take care 💐

Urmstongran Mon 20-Mar-23 07:23:03

No Matt = Monday.

Mick you’ve likely set off now. I do hope your surgery goes well.

Good morning everyone from sunny Málaga. I took this photo just now from our little balcony looking out to the Mediterranean. The little green parakeets are noisy in the communal garden, flying amongst the palm trees. I love their exuberant sound.

We have no plans. We may just sit on the balcony and read, or take our garden chairs into the garden later. Sunscreen will definitely be needed.

Cesar, the gardener is busy already, huge hosepipe on the grass. He’s always busy and the gardens and clean pools are a credit to him. He and his lovely family moved into the building last month which is nice. He speaks very good English and is always happy to help people or to recommend someone who can. We are all very lucky to have him and tell him so.

Poor you baubles between that rock and a hard place. I hope the nausea wears off soon it must be awful. Same for you Blossoming grandma par excellence.

Hope Monday is a good day for us all.

Greyduster Mon 20-Mar-23 07:30:27

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a cloudy cool South Yorkshire. Mick we will be thinking about you today. You’ll be in good hands I’m sure.🤞🏻
Mother’s Day was lovely. Both my children together in the same place for a change. Heaps of flowers, and even chocolates and a card with lovely words from the Lord of Chaos who crossed out ‘Mum’ and put ‘Nans’ instead! We had lunch out and it was very jolly. DS and I had a walk before he left. The house felt very empty when they had all gone home.
I am making fish pies today for the freezer and have a pile of ironing to tackle.
Have the best day you can folks

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 20-Mar-23 07:31:34

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I hope all goes well Mick.. I have nothing but praise for the Oxford hospitals.
It is Monday so it must be the weekly Waitrose shop! I also have a new clothes horse to collect. OH is hopefully having a haircut today. I have told him it is nearly long enough for a ponytail! That wouldn’t be a good look when he’s bald on top. Have a good day.

Gingster Mon 20-Mar-23 07:33:31

Good morning all from a greyish Essex

We visited DD yesterday and she was looking brighter . She’s very weak as she hasn’t been eating. She might come home today but will need looking after.

It isn’t easy as we have little gd and have to keep an eye on the almost 17yr old twin boys. I don’t know whether to have Dd here or go to hers.🤔.

On top of it all I have the most dreadful cold. Havent slept all night and feel awful. I’m never Ill and it would be now 😤.

Good luck Mick today.

Thanks for all your prayers and messages. So lovely ❤️

Urmstongran Mon 20-Mar-23 07:38:14

Oh Gingster 💐 you must be so anxious at present. Fingers firmly crossed from me for better news soon.

harrigran Mon 20-Mar-23 07:45:16

Good morning from a damp and overcast NE where it is 7 degrees.
Had a quiet day yesterday catching up with recorded TV programmes.
Late afternoon decided to bathe my feet and have a pedicure, the house phone rang and it was DD ringing from Brussels. Apparently she had been trying to video call me on my mobile and I just hadn't heard it.
Thoughts are with Mick for his operation, may you recover well.
Thoughts are with Georgesgran, sad day for you flowers
All those under the weather or sad, have a better day.

monk08 Mon 20-Mar-23 07:45:44

Good morning all from a wet Black country.
Hoping all goes well for you today Mick and you make a quick recovery back to your normal routine.
Spent an hour in the garden yesterday tidying up the hydrangeas.
I believe NannyJan starts her holiday today safe travels and to anyone else on the move.
Ash I hope they can sort the problem with your car and it's not to expensive.
Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans and may you all find some ☀️.

Pittcity Mon 20-Mar-23 07:49:11

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Set to stay the same all day.
A few bits to do in the City centre this morning. Our security camera developed a fault after 11 months and the company asked me to send it back for replacement, no quibble and they have paid the postage. Great customer service.
I also have a pair of trousers to return as I don't like trying on in the shops. Luckily it's only a short walk away.

All the best to Mick and love to all 🦩 x

Stilllearning Mon 20-Mar-23 07:55:58

Morning from Giffnock. Eyes very blurry so very short post. Thinking about Mick and you Gingster, such a difficult time.

💐Georgesgran

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 20-Mar-23 07:58:55

Good morning all from cloudy Harrogate
Well I thought I was going to be earlier, but by the time I’ve read all the posts, I’m early for me!
Good luck Mick. Hope it goes well!
Lovely hands GrandMattie. Hope you car finds a cure Ashcombe
Went to church, all the ladies were given a bunch of daffs nice and bright.
Yesterday had a lovely lunch at DD1’s house withDD2 , DGS, DGD, DH, SIL, and his DM. The children played together very well, that’s to say DGD bossed DGS around and he did as he was told. Though he did insist on dressing up in her story book clothes.
Have the best day possible folks

GrannyGravy13 Mon 20-Mar-23 07:59:45

Morning all

Mick wishing you well for your op today.
Gingster your DD is hopefully in the best place for care, do t forget to take care of yourself 🌸

We had a lovely day at DS3’s yesterday the teenager GS’s stayed downstairs most of the day and ate good company now, I have flowers galore along with some ESPA face goodies.

Off to te gym this morning then batch cooking this afternoon.
Have a good day folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

ShazzaKanazza Mon 20-Mar-23 08:00:44

Good Morning everyone from a rainy Hull.

Thinking of Mick and hoping for a speedy recovery when he’s home.

Gingster love to you and your DD you must be so worried💐
Georgesgran hope the funeral goes well. 💐
Grandmabatty thoughts to you 💐

Usual Monday routine Zoom Yoga and I think picking up grandson from school. Just waiting for his mother to let me know.

Have a good day everyone. Thoughts to those who aren’t feeling well🌻🌻

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 20-Mar-23 08:04:04

Gingster. (((Hugs)))

Gala Mon 20-Mar-23 08:12:21

Good morning from a damp & drizzly Sefton. Drizzle forecast for the rest of the day.
Lovely family lunch yesterday with both sons & their families & one MIL who has become a good friend. Both granddaughters (3 &4) behaved impeccably - cuteness overload 🥰. Good food in lovely surroundings & no "Mothers' Day menu" rip off just a normal Sunday lunch menu.
Singing group this morning probably followed by a lazy afternoon if it's still drizzling.
Have the best day you can. Thinking of those of you with worries & struggles & with Mick.

Grammaretto Mon 20-Mar-23 08:18:34

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
A long muddy walk in prospect with U3A. Mad or brave comes to mind.

My thoughts are with you Gingster flowers
Good luck Mick for today.

A lovely family get together yesterday. 4 generations did a big crossword together. The 98yr old did the French allusions. 12yr old counted letters instantly.

Hope the day goes well for all. I love your peacock hands gMattie So special.

GrannySomerset Mon 20-Mar-23 08:19:14

U3A this morning and chiropodist this afternoon - definitely an old lady’s day. Thoughts today with Mick, Gingster, Georgesgran and all those facing a difficult day, and slightly envious good wishes to our various holiday makers who share their lovely pictures. Have a good Monday, everyone.

Liberty Mon 20-Mar-23 08:21:47

Good morning from a grey drizzly day in Suffolk. I’m pleased that many of you enjoyed some sunshine today . We didn’t but when we went to meet up with our DS and family at the seaside very close to us,we had never seen it so crowded,even in August!

I was spoilt with beautiful flowers and an afternoon tea package plus cards and phone calls from the DDS . I felt very blessed. Today I’m going on the train to meet a very dear friend half way from where she lives in Essex.

I hope,Mick,that all goes well today with your op and you make a speedy recovery. Thinking of those with worries about their own health or those of their loved ones and sending kind thoughts and best wishes for a better day for all.

aggie Mon 20-Mar-23 08:22:33

Good morning from a damp dull Co Armagh ,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Michael !
Good job I got the washing dry yesterday , looks like a wet week ahead
Marydoll don’t give up on the Agapanthus yet , mine was in a sorry state last year , but new leaves came back and I had a few flowers , it looks worse this year , but I’m still hopeful
Lovely day yesterday , FaceTime with my Daughters and flowers from the boys , no visitors but I did het some gardening done before the rain started
Thinking of grandMattie in her single bed , I’m afraid I bought a new double bed when Jim died , but I still waken clinging to the edge 🤣

NannyJan53 Mon 20-Mar-23 08:23:32

Good morning from a dull and drizzly Black Country.

We are indeed off to Lanzarote monk. Flight is early Tuesday morning, so we are going to a hotel tonight near the Airport. We use the train as it is free with our senior pass smile. Will leave here around 6.30pm.

Lovely day yesterday with the family. DD made a lovely veggie chilli and baked potatoes, and I made a Biscoff cheesecake and a Biscoff cake.

Lovely cloudless blue sky Urms hopefully we will experience the same tomorrow!

Best wishes to Mick hope it all goes smoothly.

Wyllow3 Mon 20-Mar-23 08:25:16

Good Morning from a very overcast S Yorks.

Yesterdays treat was a whole hour conversation with DS, rare in their full-on lives; I’m going up there for a weekend in a fortnight so can see the new bedroom (carved out of a cupboard and part of existing room) so the 4 kids have one each now. I had a lovely Quaker MfW too, but one much loved attender is very poorly heart wise atm..

Probably just the gym today: generally at our ages its “use it or lose it”! I should be getting a date for a small roofing job - just the flat lead roof on the bay window. Also inspected the garden post the gales and a couple of nasty surprises.

Mick all the best in hospital today..

GMattie a lovely visit in a busy day there.

Georgesgran flowers

Loving the pics, Blue, Urms and Gwenisgreat1

Still holding you all in the Light, Gingster

best days possible poorlies and may everything planned go according to.

multicolourswapshop Mon 20-Mar-23 08:31:53

Good morning everyone where’s my earlier and lengthy post
I had a lovely Mother’s Day my dd and 2 gds came to visit they brought me a delicious afternoon tea my son sent beautiful flowers I’m off food shopping today with my carer it’s good to get out and about

Have a happy day all my gnetters friends

ginny Mon 20-Mar-23 08:33:35

Good morning all.
Off to a watercolour art class this morning and have an on line lesson this evening.
DH is taking MIL to a hospital appointment. I hope he is able to go in with her or we will never get the correct information.
Thoughts with who are poorly or have other worries.

SunshineSally Mon 20-Mar-23 08:39:29

Just popping in to wish Mick all the best for his operation today. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
grandMattie love the henna - you have a talented friend.
Gingster sorry you’ve got a cold. And with all you’ve got going on too 😢. Take care of yourself. I hope your daughter starts to improve x
So many poorlies - sending hugs and 💐💐 to you all.

We had a lovely day yesterday despite not being able to see DS2 and DD. The former being poorly (family too) and the latter having to work. The house looks like a flower shop and fills my heart with joy every time I look at them. I had other gifts too - including tickets to see Moulin Rouge (the musical) in London. I feel very spoilt and loved 🥰.
The weather is overcast and rainy - I need to fit in a dog walk between showers plus a long overdue haircut for DH. Other than that it’ll be a pottering about day! Oh and we managed to buy a Ruby wedding anniversary rose yesterday, so DH will be planting that today 👏
Have the best day you can folks. Thinking of those that are poorly, struggling or are feeling low 🦩🦩🦩
A 🤗 and 🌻🌻 for you all x

dragonfly46 Mon 20-Mar-23 08:51:27

Good luck today Mick.
Hoping your DD is much better today Gingster and that feel better also flowers