Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Thursday 23 March 2023

(73 Posts)
grandMattie Thu 23-Mar-23 06:02:58

Good morning from E Kent. It is already daylight.
I hope that Mick is doing ok and recovering well.
News follows.

Jaxjacky Thu 23-Mar-23 07:14:01

Morning from sunny S Hants, thanks gMattie. How frustrating Mick hope they get everything stable for you asap.
Thanks for your pictures BS.
The sun woke me early, mask on to grab an extra hour, daughter to hospital for her cast to be removed. School run, floor washing and some admin, I must wash my hair too.
Best wishes to those poorly Gingster in particular and her daughter.
🦩🦩

Gingster Thu 23-Mar-23 07:15:43

Good morning all and it’s a calm, bright morning after last nights strong winds , here in Essex.

I will go on the bus to the hospital this afternoon, as the parking is so bad. Dd is still having headaches so she’s going to the eye clinic this morning and then having a lumber punch.

Poor Mick - all that for nothing!
Lovely pics Blue South Africa is truly a beautiful country!

Take care one and all 🌷

Sar53 Thu 23-Mar-23 07:20:46

Good morning from a sunny Essex by the sea.
How frustrating for you Mick.
I had a long chat with my DB yesterday and he told me what happened last Friday. Long story short he has a problem with his right leg and cannot walk properly. Doctors don't know what's causing it.
Another MRI scan yesterday and a shuffle with crutches. Hopefully more news today. Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
My thoughts are with Gingster and her DD and anyone else going through troubling times.
Enjoy your day xx

Marydoll Thu 23-Mar-23 07:21:07

Good morning all from a cloudy Pitlochry, where it's only 4°, an early morning train to Glasgow or Inverness woke me up earlier. (I sound like Urms)

Thank you GM for opening up. I hope Mick is ok.

Our hotel is small but lovely. Unfortunately, I haven' t had much sleep in our massive, comfy bed, due to DH"s snoring. He was so far away on the other side, I couldn't kick or poke him! 😉

We had a great day yesterday, a successful visit to House of Bruar, a visit to Blair Atholl and a delicious dinner.
I said I wouldn't buy anything. Well, dear reader, I lied! Even DH got something in the sale area.
I also picked up House of Bruar speciality chocolates for half price as a gift for our PP. I usually buy him an Easter egg, but this looks more impressive. 😉

On arrival at the hotel, we received a warm welcome from the hotel owner, who let us check in early. Then it all went wrong.
On arriving in our empty room, I looked in my bag and my purse, complete with bank cards and driver's license was missing.
Total panic set in! Not good considering the state of my heart. DD went down and searched DH's car and the car park. By this time, I was in a right old state.
I tried phoning the jewellery shop in Blair Atholl, I had been in last, no answer. DD also tried.
The only alternative was for DH to drive me back to Blair Atholl. On the way there, I managed to contact the jeweller, but I was babbling. Eventually a voice said: Don't panic, are you phoning about your purse? We have it.^
I cried with relief, but was so upset, that I hadn't noticed I had dropped it. This spell of being unwell, seems to have robbed me of my common sense and confidence, or do I have alzheimer's?
The owners of the shop were absolutely delightful.
Give Mr MDoll his due, he never once got annoyed with me.

On the way back, DD sent me a message, with a link to a tracking tile, which you can put in your purse. Not the of best timings, 😉 but I shall be buying one, along with a tracking key ring.

Today, we shall wander up to the dam and salmon ladder, cross the terrifying shuggly (shaky) bridge 😱 and have a gentle stroll around the town.
Wee Dollie collects furry dogs and I spotted a daschund in a shop window last night, so I will be spoiling her.
Probably the men will visit the whisky shops and buy whisky they don't need. They think they are connoisseurs 😉

Yesterday we visited a micro brewery to get some speciality beers and I got talking to the young brewer/owner, about German beers and my visit to a German brewery in Nurnberg, as a student.
He said they only offered tours on certain dates, but it had been so interesting to talk to us, would we like a free tour! The men, of course were delighted.

Hoping to hear more positive news of Ginger's^ DD and thinking of *GM Batty and Sar.

Enjoy your day, folks.

PS, I have attached an image of the notice in our room. DD freaked out!

SunshineSally Thu 23-Mar-23 07:22:10

Good morning all.
Mick How disappointing your operation didn’t happen. Hopefully there will be a plan B. Take care x

Marydoll Thu 23-Mar-23 07:26:51

Just read Mick's post, such a disappointment for you Mick.
It might be a blessing in disguise, if it has highlighted your heart problems. Before my hospital stay, I couldn't have survived yesterday!
I speak from experience!
Just rest today and no gallivanting!!

Urmstongran Thu 23-Mar-23 07:28:03

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from sunny Málaga where we have the prospect of another glorious day weather wise. This is particularly lovely as it’s only March and it can sometimes be chilly still at this time of the year.

We are meeting friends for a tapas lunch.

I’m going to settle back and read your posts now. My thoughts are with those with worries. I hope Thursday is kind to us all. x

Grandmabatty Thu 23-Mar-23 07:28:20

Marydoll I love Pitlochry! There are two whisky shops to visit as I recall. And we didn't have time to do the brewery tour last visit. Try The Bridge restaurant for dinner. It's small and the food is lovely.

monk08 Thu 23-Mar-23 07:30:23

Such a disappointment Mick do take care.

grandMattie Thu 23-Mar-23 07:32:37

Oh, Mick, how disappointing and stressful! I hope things are sorted soon and you can be rescheduled.
Marydoll, I had to laugh about the bats. In the UK, the pipistrelle is the size of a sparrow, I love them. In my native Mauritius, the fruit bats are larger than seagulls…

brook2704 Thu 23-Mar-23 07:33:25

Good morning everyone, we’re back home in Inverness now after a lovely holiday. The sun is shining but it feels very chilly
What a disappointment mick I hope there’s another option available for you soon
Lovely pictures BlueSapphire, thanks for sharing and what a wonderful holiday!
I’m looking forward to having a potter around the garden this morning and then we’re off to DD2s later to help with the drop of and pick ups for the after school activities
Gingster ❤️
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

loopyloo Thu 23-Mar-23 07:38:22

Sorry about that Mick but glad they are being careful.
Lovely sunshine in East London.
So pleased you have your purse, Mary doll.
Some work on the sheds today. Decluttering, looking on pinterest for inspiration.
Have as good a day as possible.

Pittcity Thu 23-Mar-23 07:38:52

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester. Up to 14° again later.
I have an online meeting this morning. Our Council are consulting residents on various matters and I have joined the panel.
Not sure what to do this afternoon as I think I'm coming down with a cold. Maybe just rest.

Sorry to see that Mick has had another disappointment.

Love to all 🦩 x

ShazzaKanazza Thu 23-Mar-23 07:39:06

Good Morning grandMattie. Thank you for opening and Mick good to see you come on but so sorry you didn’t have your operation. I was so sure you’d be recovering now. They need to make sure you are well enough though to go through the op.

In 1987 my stepfather was on the show Bullseye and the other night his episode came on Challenge. My mum has been recording it in the hope of seeing him. Yesterday when I went to see her we watched it together. It was very emotional seeing him looking younger and my mum looking lovely in the audience behind him. He died 18 months ago. She’s waited for the episode and I said don’t delete it so you can see him whenever you want too. I’m not sure she’ll watch it often. It was funny seeing the prizes. They won but didn’t win the big star prize.

Have a lovely day everyone and hope you see some sunshine to bring a smile 🌻🌻

baubles Thu 23-Mar-23 07:39:53

Good morning all from cloudy South Lanarkshire.

Fab photos Blue.

I’m sorry to hear your news Mick, how disappointing and frustrating for you.

Thursday again, our day with DS and family. He has been worrying about me and my back pain and has made an appointment for me with an osteopath. I’ll go to please him but I’m not convinced it’ll help.

Glad you got your purse back MD, not good for your blood pressure. Enjoy the rest of your break.

Thinking of all those with illness or worries to cope with, especially Grandmabatty and her dear friend.

Have the best day possible everyone.

ginny Thu 23-Mar-23 07:40:26

Good morning. After heavy rain and wind during he night we have a sunny start here.
Sorry your op was cancelled Mick.
DH has to take his car for its MOT this morning and I am having coffee with a friend.
This afternoon I am leading a project at sewing club so must check I have all the supplies.
Kind thoughts to all with problems of any kind.

Alygran Thu 23-Mar-23 07:42:03

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Another bright day.
Sorry to hear about the non-op Mick.
Off for a day out with a friend today. We are going up to Richmond for a walk then having lunch at the Station. It’s a great facility with artisan shops, community space, cinemas and a good restaurant. The former rail track is a very pleasant path through the trees beside the river.
Have a good day everyone.

Michael12 Thu 23-Mar-23 07:45:48

Just thought I would explain the operation they plan to do but using capital letters to explain.
G shows the area of bowel they plan to remove.
So the C bit in the G will be removed which is where the infection is causing internal bleeding , then I will be fitted to link the the top of the G to the bottom.
Hope it explains things in a way .
The consultant did not want to risk a possible heart attack with a high heartbeat which would lead to ? causes etc .
Mick

cornergran Thu 23-Mar-23 07:53:43

Morning All. Light cloud over our corner of Somerset.

Very grumpy here, I’m in far too much pain in my spine and one leg. Can only sit it out for now. Usual painkillers aren’t helping much.

A large quantity of chilli to make this morning, the freezer needs stocking. As does Mr C! Carrot and coriander soup to make for my lunch. Dust needs removing and some bills to pay. Be good to get it all done.

Oh heck mick, you must be beyond frustrated. Are there plans to investigate the troublesome heart beat?

Take care everyone. Special thoughts for all with worries or any kind. Hope Thursday is kind to us all.

cornergran Thu 23-Mar-23 07:55:13

Thanks for the explanation mick.

Liberty Thu 23-Mar-23 08:07:36

Good morning from a beautiful sunny Suffolk. What a difference from the recent grey drizzly ones.

I’ve only just skimmed through the posts but saw the disappointing one from Mick about his operation not going ahead. I do hope you get some clarity soon,Mick,about the next steps.

Off to my stretch class shortly and then back to pack. We are leaving very early tomorrow for a week’s holiday in the Scilly Isles and a return to Tresco and the wonderful Abbey gardens there ….among other lovely things to do and see.

I won’t be posting whilst we are away as I always use our holidays to ‘detox’ from social media and news generally. But I will be hoping that you all stay as well as possible and those with worries of any kind find some comfort and reassurance that things will get better.

Ali23 Thu 23-Mar-23 08:10:48

Mick, that explains it perfectly. My mum had the same op, although not keyhole.
I’m sorry it didn’t go ahead but hopefully they will be able to sort your heartbeat out and plan for it all again.

It’s sunny in Leicester at the moment. Bad night with the Ddog but all is peaceful at the moment🥱

Taichinan Thu 23-Mar-23 08:15:15

Good morning all, and I'm so sorry Mick. You must be so disappointed about not getting that op. You sound very tired, so make sure you get plenty of rest.
BlueSapphire thank you for your lovely photos again. What an amazing time you are having!
Gingster I hope your DD continues to improve and will be back with her little girl again soon
My friend and I went up the coast towards Aberdeen yesterday instead of up country. It was alright, but we both prefer the up country place so we'll be back there next week.
DGD3 has passed her Lifesavers qualification - a gruelling full day of exams. She's thrilled, but still doesn't know which of her college/uni offers she will take up next year - I suspect it will depend on her Highers results in the summer - but the courses are all sports related.
Tai chi for me this morning again - my happy place. After that, and a spot of shopping, I shall pop a lovely thick juicy double loin chop (from the butcher, not the supermarket) in the oven along with potatoes and a selection of veg to roast. Lovely and easy and plenty of nourishment. I think I prefer to eat in the evening, but sometimes I'm too tired by then to make the effort, so main meal at lunchtime it is.
Have a lovely day everyone, and I hope the poorlies feel better. Spring can't be all that far away now 🌷🌺🌻💐

EkwaNimitee Thu 23-Mar-23 08:27:06

Good Morning Mick and everyone from rainy Carlisle.
I'm truly sorry to read your news Mick, I'd been imagining you home soon, recuperating and moving on. Are they going to do anything about the heart?

Yesterday, I went to the group meeting with the women's health physio. They didn't tell me much I didn't already know but it was useful. If we want a one to one, we have to ask for it, and I will. I want to know just what is going on inside, how bad or not it is, and a prognosis. I've only being waiting for this since last Easter! However, being a belt and braces sort of person, I have a private physio booked next week...in Newcastle!

Today, some necessary admin, then a Tesco delivery after lunch. If the admin gets finished, I might drive out and deliver the resulting paperwork before the delivery.
Apart from all that, a book is waiting to be finished.

Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Thu 23-Mar-23 08:31:01

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Bright and less windy than yesterday.
My helpers worked for 6 hours and moved a mountain of compost to its new place using bucket and hoist.
They filled the woodshed and moved heavy furniture. Today they will prep the bathroom for painting. Unfortunately they leave on Saturday and I must allow them a day off to explore Edinburgh!

I managed to sow seeds in the greenhouse and enjoy my yarn group

I have a df funeral this afternoon which is sad. Her DP is very ill also and is coming from hospital to church..

So sorry Mick that you can't have the surgery.

Marydoll it's not just you I assure you.
I once re-traced my steps for an hour in the snow searching for my phone. It turned up, using its homing device, in the laundry basket.
I hadn't heard of the trace your purse device.

Have as best a day as possible all of you.