Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Thursday 23 March 2023

(73 Posts)
grandMattie Thu 23-Mar-23 06:02:58

Good morning from E Kent. It is already daylight.
I hope that Mick is doing ok and recovering well.
News follows.

hollysteers Thu 23-Mar-23 08:40:52

Good morning Mick and all from a damp northwest coast.
What a palaver for you Mick, so sorry.

Enjoyable day yesterday on day coach trip. Sadly an elderly gentleman got on and the smell was not good😨 It permeated the whole bus and the poor driver had complaints from passengers at the end of the day. Difficult situation as he’s a lovely chap, a regular and talks to everyone.

Pwhelli was very quiet but Conwy was lovely in the sun as were the views along the coast. Something was wrong with my toes in one of my boots and I found myself limping a bit. Different shoes next time.

Quiet day today as these little trips tire me, a long and in this case, not unalloyed, day.
Thoughts to Gingster and all with worries.

Aldom Thu 23-Mar-23 08:41:27

Dear Mick I just want to wish you all the best and to let you know how sorry I am that your operation had to be postponed. Hoping plans are in place regarding treatment for your heart. Take care of yourself. smile flowers

luluaugust Thu 23-Mar-23 08:43:54

Good morning all from sunny W Kent. Off to art group this morning and a baking afternoon to follow.
So sorry things didn't happen this time Mick
Marydoll I can recommend the Tile thingy which is a huge help in this house!
I wonder how many Solicitors are bribed with cake gM grin
Best wishes to all

ShazzaKanazza Thu 23-Mar-23 08:57:07

Hi again.
BlueSapphire your pictures are so beautiful and calming.

Grandmabatty 💐💐

Marydoll I loved the bat letter. I like seeing them flying outside but that’s all.
Enjoy your day today drama free I hope x

Thankyou for the explanation Mick.

Gingster thinking about you and your daughter 💐💐

Take care 🌻

Wyllow3 Thu 23-Mar-23 09:14:19

Morning from a sunny but breezy S Yorks. Greyduster I'd get that walk in early rather than late cos of the forecast, but what an achievement it will be.

My cleaner is here hurray always so nice afterwards. Maybe a short gym or walk in the (very) fresh air later. Or a great Louise Penny book I've got on the go. (The M Gamache series).

I'm so sorry Mick, what's the plan?
Very impressed with progress, GMattie.

Am impressed by the de cluttering activities here and should really potter and do the same, tho must nip out to chemist.

Take care poorlies and may other days be satisfactory ones.

hulahoop Thu 23-Mar-23 09:25:43

Good morning from a cold but bright West York's.Mick sorry your op, didn't go ahead hopefully they can sort your heart problem quickly.Shopping today the fridge is bare . Have a good day everyone .

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 23-Mar-23 09:41:16

Good Morning all from Harrogate where it is currently raining!
I feel your disappointment Mick but it's better that you are safe. Have the consultants given you any details as to what they are doing to regularise you heartbeat?
Marydoll you must have been in such a flap, as I would have been if I'd lost my purse! Glad you were reunited with it!
Beautiful photos BlueSapphire a wonderful holiday indeed.
Thanks for opening GrandMattie - hope your cakes work on the solicitor!!
Hope your DD is recovering Gingster
Yesterday my 6 year old DGD watched as two pigeons got married (her interpretation), they were just looking at an old nest (house hunting, maybe).
Today I await my shopping from sainsburies, then nothingness until I zoom my sisters
Have the best day possible folks

dustyangel Thu 23-Mar-23 09:47:43

Good morning from a bright sunny Algarve, I haven’t been outside yet but just checked the temperature and was surprised to see that it’s already 18°. I’m pleased for son in law as he can have a nice warm day before going home tomorrow. DGD is too but we’re all meeting for a meal tonight which will be lovely especially as it’s my actual birthday today.

Mick I’m so sorry that you weren’t able to have your operation, thank you for the explanation, it was very interesting.
Have you been told what will happen now or do you have to wait to see a consultant again?

dustyangel Thu 23-Mar-23 09:52:32

Grandaughter’s view of Vilamoura beach yesterday.

Kalu Thu 23-Mar-23 09:58:48

Good morning all from a bright day in Glasgow.

Very wise for your surgeon not to have gone ahead with surgery but so disappointing for you that it wasn’t done. I do hope there is a follow up plan regarding your heart concerns.
Time to rest more and maybe not out and about so much which may put a strain on your heart. Look after yourself Mick

Yesterday’s lunch was just the tonic we needed. DH’s brother and his wife are still here. No rush to go back to,Perthshire, they are staying another night so, DSisIL and I are planning lunch and a wander around shops in Glasgow.

Your artisan oiled drum seat sounds interesting Karma. Would you post a photo?
Oh, how I would love to be sitting on that veranda Blue. Beautiful setting.
Thinking of you and your DD Gingster, hoping some progress has been made.

Best wishes to all for a good day.

Urmstongran Thu 23-Mar-23 10:04:40

Many happy returns of the day to you dustyangel.

Greenfinch Thu 23-Mar-23 10:25:24

Enjoy your birthday dustyangel. Hope you can visit the UK soon.😊

Blossoming Thu 23-Mar-23 10:57:17

Good morning everyone. Sorry to hear your surgery did not go ahead Mick, have a restful day.

It’s raining here in Preston, 10°C so not too cold. I must get on with a few jobs today, my back feels OK except for a single bruise which is tender to the touch. My balance is still ‘off’ so I will be careful and try to avoid bending.

Have a good day all.

Happy birthday Dusty

brook2704 Thu 23-Mar-23 11:01:43

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday dustyangel, enjoy your family meal this evening! 🍷🥂🎂🎉

ShazzaKanazza Thu 23-Mar-23 11:34:33

Happy Birthday Dustyangel enjoy your family meal tonight 🎉🎂 what a beautiful beach x

monk08 Thu 23-Mar-23 11:35:17

Happy birthday dustyangel 🎂💐

Grandmachrisy47 Thu 23-Mar-23 11:55:54

Happy Birthday, Dustyangel. Sorry about your non operation, Mick, hopefully you’ll be sorted quickly.
Fingers crossed for those of you with worries and medical issues, have as good a day as possible.

Jamie Thu 23-Mar-23 12:09:25

Dusty Angel
Wishing you a very 'Happy Birthday.'

Litterpicker Thu 23-Mar-23 12:35:29

Good day all. Beautiful sunny day here in East Lothian. I am briefly at DDs with access to Wi-Fi, before heading up to Dundee for a couple of nights in a Travelodge. We have a ticket for the Jute Museum which we ran out of time to see when we took the DGSs last summer (too much time spent on Victory!). We will call to see friends in Clackmannanshire on the way back on Saturday.

I just wanted to commiserate with Mick on not having the op. Hope they can sort out the heart problem.

Happy birthday dustyangel 🥂

Beechnut Thu 23-Mar-23 16:09:08

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday dustyangel 🎂🎉🍾

MawtheMerrier Thu 23-Mar-23 16:14:19

“Victory” Litterpicker ?
Isn’t she in Portsmouth?

(Did you mean “Discovery” ? )

GrannyGravy13 Thu 23-Mar-23 16:33:12

Wishing you a very happy birthday Dustyangel 🎂🎉🍾🙋‍♀️