Gransnet forums

Chat

3 years ago today……

(109 Posts)
Ailidh Tue 28-Mar-23 16:31:10

I keep getting such hopeful memes from that time popping up in my Facebook memories - about how life would slow down, and the earth hibernate and heal and we would awake to a wonderful new world......

It was a scary time but many of us were convinced that if we did the right thing, everything would be OK.

😢

Shinamae Tue 28-Mar-23 16:22:55

Working in a care home….. not knowing then the devastation that would be wreaked on our home by covid positive residents being sent back to us from hospital😩😪

Hetty58 Tue 28-Mar-23 16:22:39

isolation - my ex (and still best friend) had suddenly died. There'd be a long wait for the inquest, no funeral, company, get togethers or comfort for us. We grieved alone. A lot of heavy work in the garden to tire me out.

fancythat Tue 28-Mar-23 16:11:46

The day I realised I had covid.
Someone had to tell me.
I had some of the symptoms but just thought I was under the weather. I didnt have all of the main symptoms, so hadnt realised.

Greenfinch Tue 28-Mar-23 16:09:13

We had our twin grandchildren living with us and as DH was CEV I felt extremely anxious and so we decided to take the children out of school a few days before the start of the official lockdown. They were delighted at this extra holiday but now that they are about to sit GCSE we can look back and see how disruptive socially and educationally these periods of lockdown have been.

MiniMoon Tue 28-Mar-23 16:08:43

Three years ago at the end of March/beginning of April I had the strangest rash over my hands and forearms. Nowhere else! I am convinced that it was a covid skin rash. At the same time DH had horrendous headaches and fatigue. He recovered in about a week the last of my spots didn't disappear until October!

eddiecat78 Tue 28-Mar-23 15:47:10

3 years ago this week we were due to move house, the removal men informed us they wouldn't be able to do it the day before! Some of our belongings had already gone to the new house (an hour away), most of our stuff was in packing cases. Fortunately we were able to stay in the old house for another 6weeks which is when we did finally move

AGAA4 Tue 28-Mar-23 15:42:45

I was still a bit shocked. I was worried about my family and sad that I wouldn't see my 9 month old grandson for a while. Little did I know then that it would be a long while.

Sago Tue 28-Mar-23 15:36:32

A memory just popped up on my phone.

3 years ago I was sunbathing in our garden, we were 5 days in to the first lockdown and I have to be honest “ 3 weeks to flatten the curve” was just bliss, I had been working very hard in my business ( Covid has now just about finished it off ) and a few days “chillin” was just what I needed.

I was frightened for the people I love but fairly calm, we had a son overseas and a son, DIL and SIL all working in London, our daughter was pregnant with no 2 so we had to stay healthy to travel over to look after No1 when the big day came.

It all seems like a life time ago!

What were you doing and how did you feel 3 years ago this week?